Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    And now, for the reason I'm still awake. Like I've said before, I need to keep on my 3rd shift sleep routine, so all night I have been working on a new basement project. I have been wanting to re-do the cold storage room. I was originally wanting to keep the wood shelving that was in there, but I decided to tear it all out of there. Two reasons for this. One, I needed to drylock this room because they are really bad. Tearing out the shelves made this much easier. Secondly, I have just enough wire racking to fill two walls and I can make the shelves fit whatever I need to store in there.

So, after my wife went to bed, the demolition began! I still can't believe how soundproof the basement is. I was hitting a prybar with a hammer to get some of the boards loose, and she didn't hear a thing. Got all those ripped out, removed said lumber, swept up a bit, and proceeded to start scraping walls. Yep, enough scrapings to fill another trash can! Several hours later, I was finally ready to open a second five gallon bucket of Drylok. I got the first coat on the cement walls, and finally finished around 6:15am! I'm beat, so the rest of the pics.....

On my way.....

One wall done.

Time to move this pile....uugggg.

Cleared out and ready for scraping....

Man, if there was a market for paint chips, I could make some money!

Of course, my battle with the spiders continues...

Much better!!

Just gotta prime and paint the wood walls, and this room will ne good for shelf construction. (After a second round of Drylok, of course.)

This window will need some caulking, weatherstripping, and some new paint of it's own, too.

More tomorrow; I've gotta get some sleep!!!!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I know, kinda boring, some of this stuff. I got my storage room almost done. The two cement walls have two coats of Drylok on them. The wood wall has been painted, the window is caulked, sealed, primed and painted. Same goes for the inside of the door. I also sealed up a large crack in the floor with Drylok Fast plug and mopped the whole floor. Just giving the cement a bit more time to cure, and I'll be hitting the floor with more of the same epoxy gray paint. Things are progressing slowly because all these steps require a bit of time to cure and dry. I just want this room done! Once that floor is double-coated, I can then put my shelves in there and de-clutter my mess of a basement. THEN, game on for the RC lab setup!! Everything that is going in the basement is IN the basement; it's just still piled up in the center.

My wife is stressing over the lack of a coat closet and just the lack of closets altogether. She had a big walk in closet before, plus another large closet in another bedroom. She also had another walk in closet off of her office to put all paperwork and supplies, too. Her attic bedroom/office space is quickly filling up due to the fact that the kitchen and bathrooms also have a lot less storage space. She doesn't want anything household related in the basement, because it will probably still get a little water in it if it rains a bunch. We will probably build a coat closet in the living room at some point, but there is just so much else to get done. Just minor problems, really. I think the excitedness of the new house is slowly wearing off and we just want to not be unpacking or fixing something every day. We started all this in February when we decided to move, and now the finish line seems like it will never get here some days.....Hey! Pics!!

Dirty grubby walls fixed with shiny new paint!

Before...

And after.

Window looks much better.

Hard to tell, but this floor is clean. Musta emptied my mop bucket fourty times!

Oh, my poor, cluttered basement!!

Two of the boards in that pile are 10 ft. 2 x 16"! I think I might make her a custom shoe rack out of those for her closet...

RC Qualifier
    I went thru this 7 years ago I feel your pain...20 something thousand later I look back I regret moving so fast to complete.Trust me when your ur done with the major stuff you get bored and start creating things to repair
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Something I did to help with small closets in our last home... 1 bar high, 1 bar low. This reduces shelving, maybe even eliminates it depending on the height and depth of your closets... but gives a lot more hanging space.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

tis nice, tis very nice lol. its coming along though man. rome wasnt built in a day as they say
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Champion
    Today was very productive! I didn't have to work tonight, so I only slept a few hours after getting off work at 7am. First thing we did was load all that smelly wood out of the basement along with a bunch of boxes and burnables into the bed of my truck and head to my wife's uncles house up the road to have a fire. After making sure that was out, we had some lunch, did a few small projects, and then went off to Lowe's for some goodies. We got a new toilet for our powder room because the one in there must flush six gallons of water every use!! This is going to be our next project room. I also got some more floor paint and a few odds and ends. While we were there we got a massive storm, which got me soaked running to the SUV. Upon coming to our side of town, all the power was out, including our own. Got our tablets out for some reading and cuddled up with the dog. I was itching for the power to come back on because with no work, I had some plans for basement time after she went to sleep. Luckily around 11 or so, the power came back on. My plan was to take out some shelves and put in another workbench where I'm going to hang some general tools and mount my grinder and vise. In the course of doing that, I decided to paint the wall (even though it will be mostly covered) just to seal more basement odor. While doing that, I only had a little bit around the door leading into the storage room to do so I painted that as well. Might as well paint the other side of the door, also. Then I decided to put up some more tube lights so that workbench would have plenty of lighting. Its a general workbench, but with also function as my guest RC work area, so no skimping!! Anyways, it got a bit too late to start on that work area after all that, but tomorrow (today) is another day. More pics, then off to sleep!

Oh yeah got two coats of floor paint in the storage room. This was the leakiest part of the basement by far. Even after the torrential downpour, the only water was a few drips from the window. (Thought I needed a bit thicker window seal on one part!)

Filled up!

Burn baby, burn!!

Prior to shelf removal and paint...

Why is it that every single screw in the house has to be these terrible flat-head screws? I guess that's all they had to work with years ago. I hate them!!!!

Since they constantly slip when using my drill, I usually take them out by hand. Mr. Difficult screw, meet Mr. 12" Craftsman screwdriver!!

All shiny and looking good. It'll be covered by a workbench and pegboard, but I'll know it's there!!

More paint and lights!! This basement is brighter than a hospital now!!

Now off to sleep. No work until midnight! Plenty of time to install a workbench after the toilet install. (I hope.)

RC Champion
    Not a whole lot of big progress today, but I did get in my other workbench. This one is really solid, too. This one is against the wall making up the storage room, so I drove deck screws through the back legs and into that wall after making sure everything was level and straight. Just gotta cut a piece of plywood to make a top for it, attatch the pegboard and bolt the vise and grinder through both layers. I was going to use two pieces of particle board, but they're just a smidge too large. I have full sheets of plywood in my garage from that warehouse bonanza, so I might as well use them.
    I also got the toilet out of the powder room, and my wife is almost done stripping the wallpaper off the walls. While I sleep tomorrow, she's going to prime the cabinet and walls with Kilz oil-based primer. A little paint, new toilet, and some accessories and we'll call it done. Maybe down the road we'll put a new cabinet in there, but it's fine until we're ready to put in some new linoleum.
    Next up will be to finish the workbench and get my tools out of the den. That will be good to finally have them all in one place again. I think sometimes I spend more time looking for a tool that I do using it. I also need to get all the boxes out of the workout room and where they belong and get the last bits of that room done. Even ordered a Buckeyes light switch cover....also in the works is to build a little room to put all my hunting stuff in. The room is there behind the furnace, and it's about 4 foot by 8 foot. Kinda like a walk-in closet for man goods. Just want to do a ceiling for it and fill in all the gaps. Don't need any spiders roosting in my stuff!! Gotta get ready for work in a little bit, so pics, and off I go.....

A start. Looks crooked, but so is the floor! The floor near the wall is about an inch higher than the floor at the front of the bench. Using different holes on the legs made up for it perfectly....

P.S. we got tired of waiting to qualify for a new package on the dish network, and they were rude to my wife on the phone, so we signed up for direct TV. TV in family room, den, master bedroom, and basement. DVR, Big Ten package, NFL Sunday ticket, and top 250 package. Whooo hooooo!!!!

My bench is more level than the floor and the boards making up the wall......

Just a glimpse of how this will when done. Nothing attatched yet.

RC Champion
    Just thought I'd add a bit since I haven't been on here in awhile. Things have slowed down a bit as we have been working like crazy since we got in the house. We got our powder room downstairs done. I'll have to snap some pics later today of that, since it turned out so nice. All I did on that project was rip out the old toilet and put in a new smaller, more efficient toilet. The trim was good in there, but the flowery wallpaper had to go. We were just going to paint the walls, but they are some kind of paneling, and the wallpaper remover took some of the finished part of that along with the paper. Plan B....we got some nice textured wallpaper to cover up the blemishes left behind. Added some palm tree and tropical accessories, painted the cabinet, and it looks pretty good. We also started to do the upstairs hallway, and it is really bad. All the trim around the four doors needs caulked, primed and painted and there are cracks and gouges all over the plaster walls. Going to take some time. All that's left is to do is the main bathroom, and the top part of the house is done. My parents are coming for a visit in three weeks from Ohio, so we are going to hold off on that project until after the visit. The hallway will take a good while to complete.

On to other things....My workshop project has kind of come to a standstill for a bit. I got promoted at work and I've been working more hours than ever, so I've been kind of worn out. Haven't been sleeping nearly enough during the last few weeks so I have been taking it a bit easier and not setting an alarm to get up and work on the house before going to work for ten hours at night. I did get a few things done down there, however. I have been working on cleaning up, priming, and painting an old WOOD entertainment center that was left behind. I got all the crud scraped off of it, and I finished up the painting yesterday. It will be in the corner by my RC workbench and will hold my TV, DVD changer, VCR, tapedeck, and all my battery charging stuff. It's painted the same red color as the cabinets and looks pretty good. No work until Monday at midnight for me, so I have plans to get the basement looking good. I also hope to get our patio enlargement project done and finally get my grill built. Luckily, the in-laws are right around the corner, so my grilling needs this summer have been taken care of. Just a few pics today, more tonight. Been lazy about snapping pics lately....

Got the auxiliary workbench done (mostly) and it is rock solid. Deck screws through the back legs into the wall....

Got some of my general tools hung. With the remodel, my tools are scattered all over the place.

RC Qualifier
    nice dog I like him

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by e-revo View Post
    nice dog I like him
    Yeah, he's a good dog. Most of the time he looks like this.....

RC Champion
    Didn't get around to posting anything last night. Really all I got done was to clean up the basement some and put my entertainment center filled up. Didn't hook up anything, but its mostly in place. We got the hallway ready for paint, also.

Gotta have tunes while wrenching!!

My RC spot is a bit messy, but not for long....

I also got all these weeds pulled from what is left of the garden. This will be moved to a location when I put in a new 12 x 16 foot shed. Gonna get T111 siding and and a black metal roof to match everything else.

Today was a pretty good day. My Buckeyes won; first weekend with cable TV! While watching the game, I finally put my new grill together, while my wife painted the upstairs hallway. We got those projects wrapped and then had a cookout with the in-laws. After that, my wife and I decided to rip up the carpet in the upstairs hallway so the trim can get a better paint job. Not too bad until we got to the first set of steps. Ohhhh, does removing tack strips ever stink!!

Man, the walls up here were in rough shape....

Goodbye old green carpet! Gonna put a runner or treads on top.

Hate getting tack strips up and all the staples out!

This is what was hiding under the carpet. Not even mopped yet!!

Looking good with the new tan paint, white trim, and hardwood. The rest of the stairwell is NOT going to be fun!!

man, those floors are nice! hate when people carpet over a good floor. i would just leave it like so. are you planning on putting new carpet or just rocking the wood? i would so rock the wood if i was you.

but overall its looking really good man, i like it alot.
    Drag It!

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXXMASHER View Post
    Yeah, he's a good dog. Most of the time he looks like this.....
    Yup, that's his job as supervisor!

Those floors look awesome from the pic's.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Enthusiast
    Looks great man! Those floors look very nice.

RC Champion
    Hey, thanks, guys! Yeah we are fortunate to have such nice hardwood underneath the old carpet. We are definitely keeping the wood. We both like wood flooring. In fact, I ripped out all the carpet and linoleum out of our old house and put down tile and wood flooring. The stuff from Lowe's just can't match this 85 year old wood. Yeah, some of it's rough in spots and there are staple and nail holes, but that's what we like about it. I'm sure after a good while we'll refinish them, but for now all they need is corner round to hide the gap between the trim and the floor. LOTS of corner round....going with composite stuff for this house. When I did my other house, I used oak, but it does not lend itself as easily to all the irregularities that these walls have. Also, we're going to paint all of it, so what the point of having wood? No one will be able to tell. I also had to pre-drill all the oak stuff to keep it from splitting. Uuuggg.

In other news.....I got some more done in the basement the other night. Had to stay up late once again to be ready to work my 11pm to 8am shift last night. First up was to move everything to one side. Then I proceeded to tackle yet another disgusting wall. This time, the gap between the bathroom and the landing for the basement steps. Not too bad. Just another tub of paint chips to sweep up and then the Drylok was applied. One coat Saturday night and another coat before work last night. Today's project will be to mop the floor and possibly apply a coat of gray epoxy to the floor. Then another. After that, I only have two small (yet tedious) spots to paint in the basement. One is the cavern under the steps and the other is the tomb of spiders behind the furnace which will be a man closet for all of my hunting gear. Those two things can wait until I feel like doing them. I can pretty much FINALLY put away most everything in my basement in about two or three more days. Project RC workshop will be in full swing soon. I already have four projects in the works. Doing a Summit body complete with the full cage and fender flairs for one of my scalers. Another project is to completely disassemble my first gen E-4Tec and do the 3.3 diff swap with all new pulleys, gears, belts, and bearings plus a shock rebuild. I also have a few repairs and a new servo install to do on my Slash since I busted it up after I packed all my parts and stuff away. I also have a new body to finish and parts to install on my crawler. I have all the parts to do all these projects just waiting to be opened!!! SOON!!!!! PICS!

Cleared out and ready for paint. That spot under the steps is like a cave.....

Farewell, dirty, musty wall!! That window will get some attention, too. Gonna put my deep freezer in this spot. Deer season will be here soon!!

Yuck is all I can say....

Half the battle is continuously moving all my stuff around, then trying to find what I need in the clutter.

Yay, another white wall. So exciting!

Can really tell the difference when comparing the wall to the dingy wood and window frame. Yes, these will be caulked and painted, too.

Last edited by MAXXXMASHER; 09-17-2012 at 08:35 AM.

RC Champion
    Not much new to report. Got another coat of paint on the upstairs trim. Pretty much it for home projects. It has been raining almost continuously for 24 hours. Checked out the basement for leaks and found just one damp spot below the landing for the steps where they put the supports into the floor. Just damp; no standing water, so that'spretty good. I haven't done anything to that area yet so my efforts are paying off.

We also got our our permit today to be able to put our shed where we want it. We went to the place and placed our order for it. Should be about a month until they get it built and make the delivery. It'll be 12 x 16 with two windows, a six foot door way, gable vents, metal roof, and a solar powered light. Plenty of room for the Harley, snow blower, mower, and yard stuff. Just one pic for today....

Will look similar to this except the door will be on the end....

RC Champion
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product. The whole basement is like my dream basement
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Champion
    I've been working a lot of hours the last couple of weeks, so I haven't gotten a bunch done. Now I have a few days off and I plan on getting the basement almost wrapped up. I got the landing for the steps painted and the storage area underneath done. I also got every bit of the basement walls scraped. The part under the steps has two coats of Drylok and the rest I put a coat on this morning. I also figured I had better get some outside stuff done since winter is quickly approaching. I used four tubes of caulk to fill every crack and crevice I could find on the outside of the house and garage. I also painted up the outside of one of the basement windows because it was in rough shape. I put a new weather strip on the garage door and also started a little workbench project. It's a desk that was left behind in the basement that was so awkward and heavy, I had to take it apart to get it out of the basement. Its gonna be cool. It'll be my workbench to keep tools in the shed. Tonight I plan to put a second coat of Drylok on the walls and mop and paint the rest of the floor. Then I can get everything moved into place, put my freezer down there, and get the treadmill out of my den and down there where it belongs. All in due time.....

Got it primed up....

The steps need some paint, too. That wall under the steps is going to look a lot better.

The usual pounds of paint scrapings.....

Wall scraped and ready for Drylok....

A nice mess to clean up.....

Muuuch better now!

Ready for storage.

Found this guy hanging out on the side of the house....

The best addition to the house!

RC Qualifier
    2 words. RC. Track. If u have the room. Nice dog and house so far, good job!
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Champion
    Ol' Glory! Very nice!

I love hardwood floors and a basement. That's a requirement for any home I live in.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    Things are progressing nicely. I stayed up pretty late and got a lot done last night. I got the second coat of Drylok on the walls, another coat of paint on the landing, and spent a considerable amount of time mopping the basement floor. Some of it under the landing was black, and so bad I needed a scrub brush and laundry soap to get it up. After that dried, a paint scraper got up all the old, loose paint. After all that, I got a coat of gray epoxy paint on the whole second half of the floor. I also pulled up the floor drain shroud and cover to clean, prime and paint. This morning, although a bit sore, I got a second coat of paint on the floor. Now it's time for a break and downtime to let the floor dry. Tonight, it is on!! The floor will be dry enough (only two hours for light foot traffic); and I'll finally be moving everything into place!! The only things I have left to do down there is to clean up and paint my closet, and paint the steps, but those things can wait till whenever. Can't wait to get at my RC stuff and get everything set up!!! More boring pics.....

Landing looks nice.....

Floor looks great!!!

The dog is supervising while my wife paints the stairway and trim.

RC Champion
    Whooo hoooo!!!! I got a lot done last night. 90% of my basement is done!! The floor I painted yesterday morning was completely dry by the time the NFL game was over, so I headed down to the basement to start putting things where they belong. Once I got some of the bigger things in place, I had room to build another set of shelves that will eventually be the home for all my RC'S and bodies. I also tore into some of my RC boxes to put some of it away. I got my RC bench cleared off and and organized the things that will be on it. Still just a start as far as having all my gear where it belongs, but at least it now looks like something other than a dumping ground. My wife also made good progress on the hallway. She got some of the spindles painted and it really looks nice. As always, pics!!

Just an example of what she is trying to paint over....this is what we found when I took the mirror off the door.

The shelves that will be my RC garage. Only unpacked about half of them so far.

This workshop is going to be killer!!!

I'm going to enjoy lots of quality time here!!

Last edited by MAXXXMASHER; 09-28-2012 at 12:07 PM.

RC Champion
    Place looks sweet! Great job!

E'VXL
    Just accelerate, and only good will come.

LOL, the door was painted three differnt colors, not including the white! Nice place you got there!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXXXMASHER View Post
    Whooo hoooo!!!! I got a lot done last night. 90% of my basement is done!! The floor I painted yesterday morning was completely dry by the time the NFL game was over, so I headed down to the basement to start putting things where they belong. Once I got some of the bigger things in place, I had room to build another set of shelves that will eventually be the home for all my RC'S and bodies. I also tore into some of my RC boxes to put some of it away. I got my RC bench cleared off and and organized the things that will be on it. Still just a start as far as having all my gear where it belongs, but at least it now looks like something other than a dumping ground. My wife also made good progress on the hallway. She got some of the spindles painted and it really looks nice. As always, pics!!

Just an example of what she is trying to paint over....this is what we found when I took the mirror off the door.

The shelves that will be my RC garage. Only unpacked about half of them so far.

This workshop is going to be killer!!!

I'm going to enjoy lots of quality time here!!

Cool shop. Updates? Good work on all of that painting, btw.
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Champion
    Not too much exciting going on in the last few days. Since I finally have everything set up, I've been mostly unpacking boxes and trying to figure out where to put everything. My old basement had a lot more room, but once I get my shed in place, I'll have a lot more room in both the basement and especially in my garage. Finally be able to get a car in there!! It'll be a 12 x 16 highside workshop painted to match the house and it should be ready in two weeks. I also got my treadmill out of the den and in the basement, so I can put my gunsafe where I want it and get it really looking like a proper den.

RC Champion
    Today was pretty fun! I found a few boxes that I had been looking for to start putting my things up in the den. Got my fly-tying things on my rolltop desk, my fish and antlers above the mantle, all my pictures on the wall, and all my (unharmed) models on display. I finally feel like I can relax a bit. Really feeling like home now! Soon, living room and bathroom renovations will begin! Pics....

I also found time to tear out the climbing bushes on the side of the garage. Got some synthetic tiles made from car tires to fill in the gap that will almost double the size of our patio. Wrigley field had to go....

Kinda dark, but you get the idea.....

Feeling like home!

RC Champion
    Didn't get a whole bunch done yesterday. I want to be ready for my shed install, so I decided to throw around some dirt. The shed will be right next to where the garden will be in the spring, and the garden is going to be a bit smaller. I scooped up the excess dirt and threw it in the low area of the yard to help level it out some. I may get a load of gravel either today or tomorrow to give the shed a solid foundation to sit on. I also took a load of brush I cleared the other day out to my wife's uncles house and we will have another bonfire soon. I also snapped some more pics of the den in the sunlight for a better perspective.

Getting the area prepped......

BIG pile of brush, and I'm not done!

Getting ready to head out.

One beautiful sunset tonight!!

Bonus den shots.....

from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by MAXXXMASHER; 10-04-2012 at 08:34 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Just something to think about...
    The bottom of my shed is starting to rot... treated lumber holds up for only so long.
    If the person who installed it would have put some type of drainage and gravel underneath, I doubt it would be rotting at all.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    The bottom of my shed is starting to rot... treated lumber holds up for only so long.
    If the person who installed it would have put some type of drainage and gravel underneath, I doubt it would be rotting at all.
    Definatly agree... Put stone down, itll help it last much much longer. Treated lumber was better 15 years ago before the epa and environmentalist got there hands into it due to chemicals and crap.

RC Champion
    I bet that safe was fun to get in there lol.
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Oh yeah, I am for sure going to put gravel down. I would never put wood directly on the ground. In fact, I may be picking up a truckload tomorrow. I just threw the dirt around because I wanted to shrink the garden down a bit, and it is free fill for the yard. I'm eventually going to get enough gravel to have room for two cars to park next to my garage and to have room for a car to pull in front of the shed.
    Just doing little things now; putting away stuff. Might do some painting in the basement later. Fixing up some old furniture that was left behind.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasTuesdays View Post
    I bet that safe was fun to get in there lol.
    Yeah, always fun to move it. Weighs around 660 lbs. Hopefully this is the last time.....really though, with two other guys and an appliance Dolly, it's not too bad.

RC Champion
    Nothing too exciting to report. Mostly I've been working on getting my foundation laid out so I'll be ready when my shed is done. Should be next week some time. I can't wait to get it. I have so much stuff in my garage that I can hardly move, let alone find what I need quickly. The garage is a bit on the small side, but it has a nice workbench and little nooks for storage. I also cleaned the basement up a bit and fixed some paint imperfections in my Buckeye room. But mostly, I have been moving around six tons of gravel and building the frame for it to keep it from washing out. The whole property is a bit of a slope and the difference over the twelve feet of width for the shed from one end to the other is about eighteen inches!! I got a bunch of treated lumber yesterday and some three foot rebar to hold everything in place. Finally starting to look like something......

My little side project. Looks much better now with a coat of primer. Gonna be red eventually.

Got my tiles laid out. Going to put sand down to get it all levelled up. I also have to cut a stump a little lower.

Got my gravel dumped, but the guy wasn't very good at hitting the mark! I mean, I spray painted a box on the ground!!

Starting to look like a foundation.....

My niece stopped by to look things over...

RC Champion
    I haven't posted any updates for awhile, mostly because all I have been working on is getting my foundation for the shed done. It's about 90% there, but unbelievably, I still need more gravel!! That's OK, because we were planning on adding another parking spot next to the garage so none of our vehicles have to be parked on the street come winter time. My parents also came for a visit from Ohio for a few days, so that put all projects on hold. We had a nice time and it was good to relax a bit on my days off rather than work my tail off like I have been doing since moving in. I got some basement time tonight (today, really), and got some RC stuff put where it belongs and filled up some cabinets. My Buckeye bathroom/workout room is coming along, too. Got some paint on my shelving unit and some things on the walls. I also got a few early Christmas presents!! Hey, how 'bout some pics??

Might as well dress up the auxiliary fuse box...

Custom light switch cover, courtesy of ebay.....(yes, there other things besides RC parts on there!

Red shelving unit and matching trash can.

Not really necessary, but I have been wanting a benchtop sander for a long time. Thanks Mom & Dad!

I also got a nice little Craftsman work table that is my Dremel workstation.

This cabinet, as you can see, is home to all my model stuff. All four of the vehicles on the bottom right are working RC'S.

Side spot for all my charging stuff....

Got all my paints in their home. Can't wait to have the time to paint some bodies!!

Starting to look like a proper RC workbench!

looks great man, keep up the good work
    Drag It!

RC Champion
    Really good day today! First off, it was really nice out, so I dusted off my Harley and went for a spin out to my wife's cousin's cycle shop and got my bike inspected. We chewed the fat for awhile and I rolled through the autumn speckled countryside. After that, I got the last of my gravel moved and FINALLY got my foundation leveled and done and ready for my shed installation. It was to be delivered today, but it got pushed back another week. I'll need another truckload (that'll take my total to 12 tons) to get my parking area done, but that will be easy. Just have to rake that around and put in some railroad ties to keep it where it's supposed to be. That took me to sunset and then we chilled and watched some TV. After I saw my wife off to sleep, I headed to my basement laboratory. I pretty much have all the major things done, so now it's just organizing and fine tuning things. I rounded up almost all of my tools and got them where I want them and did the same with most of my Rc stuff. I also got my micro crawling course set up and put some finishing touches on my Buckeye bathroom. No work tonight, so I'm just now going to bed. Hey, how 'bout some more pics?!?

This is what I've been looking for.....

Workbench looking as it should!

Love my micro course! Good way to pass those snowy days.

Buckeye bathroom is coming together. Still hafta build my Nautilus machine. Been getting enough of a workout shoveling gravel....

I also found time to build a little soldering station out of an old jewelry box.

Really have all my RC tools at my disposal, now....

Time flies when you're having fun!!

RC Champion
    What a beautiful day, today!! It was so nice out, I couldn't sleep when I got home from work this morning at 8:30. I got a few hours shut-eye, and got up around noon to find our last 3 tons of gravel had been delivered. I moved about half that pile and decided that today might be my last chance to do some yard work. I got my yard mowed and trimmed up and still had a bit of time until dinner. Oh what to do? I decided to get my E-Maxx out and rip around the yard for the first time. Luckily the rest of my gravel was in a nice pile. After a little grooming, it made a nice ramp to air out my Maxx a little bit! I have to get some more sleep now since I have to be at work at midnight, but here's a few pics of something other than home improvements......

Kinda hard to ramp and snap pics with an Ipod, but here goes.....

Lining up....

Taken just a bit early....

A little better...

Love that FLM chassis!!

Maxx taking a breather. No broken parts today! Hooray!!

nice! about time you had some fun lol
    Drag It!