RC Qualifier

50+ MPH run vid (not verified)

In theory 53.75 MPH with an rc calculator. On 6 cells the exact same setup gets 27mph gps verfied. I will try to GPS verify the top speed, but I cant do onboard video & GPS simultaneously, I have to choose. I would bet my last dollar its hitting 50 however.

It is officially the fastest RC I have owned.

Thank you Traxxas engineers (and everyone) for a fine job.

Your actually mean on 12 cells like it says in the video not 6 cells like you posted right?
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    He said gps verified 27mph on 6 cell. The video is 12 cell speed unverified.

Quote Originally Posted by joe831 View Post
    He said gps verified 27mph on 6 cell. The video is 12 cell speed unverified.
    My bad I miss read.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Slow zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Xtreme has no limiits

Quote Originally Posted by Mossie View Post
    Slow zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    If you cant be helpful, constrictive, or at least show a positive attitude please just keep it to yourself.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    okee will do

not even close to 50
    Xtreme has no limiits

okee will do
    I hope so but when you follow it up with...

not even close to 50
    I get the feeling you just dont get it. How is that helpful, constrictive or show a positive attitude. Please dont feel the need to respond just think about it.

Let's get back on topic now please.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    okee will do

not even close to 50
    What method are you using to estimate speed, and what estimated speed did you calculate? I used 2 methods. Thanks in advance.

RC Qualifier
    I would like to see a video of the top speed 6 cell NIMH vs top speed 2s lipo and then top speed 2x2s lipo in parallel and see what the differences are, if any. That's probably going to be hard for someone to do since most LiPo users ditched NIMH and most NIMH users don't own lipos.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher_Jones View Post
    What method are you using to estimate speed, and what estimated speed did you calculate? I used 2 methods. Thanks in advance.
    i use my old iphone 3gs but dont recommend that because an Iphone pulses a gps signal every 4 sec , 1 time

a good gps tracker or a datalogger does that 10x in 1 sec so you got a better and more reliable measurement with that

i learned that from my good friend Master Peter60

oh yeah also a good thing to check your speed is a lasergun and many PPL on you tube like to do lasergunning at a speedrun
    but a problem with that is that you always must have someone who operate the gun whicle you make a run
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    i use my old iphone 3gs but dont recommend that because an Iphone pulses a gps signal every 4 sec , 1 time

a good gps tracker or a datalogger does that 10x in 1 sec so you got a better and more reliable measurement with that

i learned that from my good friend Master Peter60

oh yeah also a good thing to check your speed is a lasergun and many PPL on you tube like to do lasergunning at a speedrun
    but a problem with that is that you always must have someone who operate the gun whicle you make a run
    I meant how did you verify MY run was not 50mph. lol.

RC Qualifier
    i can not verify that but because your did put some negative stuff about mine movie i thought HMMM i do the same at his

not good at all i know and in RC we are all friends

so Respect for your run and keep up the good work

!!! !!!
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by joe831 View Post
    I would like to see a video of the top speed 6 cell NIMH vs top speed 2s lipo and then top speed 2x2s lipo in parallel and see what the differences are, if any. That's probably going to be hard for someone to do since most LiPo users ditched NIMH and most NIMH users don't own lipos.
    The next time I go to the LHS I will ask if I can get a run with the LiPo's. I can EITHER clock it with the GPS OR make an onboard video, as I just cant fit all that stuff on the truck. I can make a regular video and do GPS, or if I get radar by then make a radar video.

My GPS is terribad, I am waiting to get radar for proper verification. With my navigon, I have to upload the log to get the top speed, and it does not update 10 times a second. It is however accurate, I verified it on my speedometer and cop radar. The problem is that to make it "official", I have to hold attain top speed for at the least a 1 Mississippi count. I have to have the laptop with me so I can access the data, and be video taping the whole time so that no one says "you altered the logbook when the camera was off". Too much of a pain to prove to 1 person.

I welcome anyone who has used the rc calculator in combination with either GPS or radar to post their results. So far the only one I know that has done that was 50togo. He did not calculate for ballooning, and it turns out he went faster than the calculator said he could go. In my case, I am using foams, and there is no ballooning. It talls me 53.75 is my top speed, and like I said same setup hits 27 on 6 cells, so 54 in theory is spot on IMHO. I am only drawing 8 amps at 27mph, so I have no reason to believe that my batteries cant handle double that.

RC Qualifier
    3s wil make you do WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    i can not verify that but because your did put some negative stuff about mine movie i thought HMMM i do the same at his

not good at all i know and in RC we are all friends

so Respect for your run and keep up the good work

!!! !!!
    It takes a "big man" to say that. I apologize for anything I said to you. You have my utmost respect and thanks.

RC Qualifier
    No prob and THX
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher_Jones View Post
    The next time I go to the LHS I will ask if I can get a run with the LiPo's. I can EITHER clock it with the GPS OR make an onboard video, as I just cant fit all that stuff on the truck. I can make a regular video and do GPS, or if I get radar by then make a radar video.

My GPS is terribad, I am waiting to get radar for proper verification. With my navigon, I have to upload the log to get the top speed, and it does not update 10 times a second. It is however accurate, I verified it on my speedometer and cop radar. The problem is that to make it "official", I have to hold attain top speed for at the least a 1 Mississippi count. I have to have the laptop with me so I can access the data, and be video taping the whole time so that no one says "you altered the logbook when the camera was off". Too much of a pain to prove to 1 person.

I welcome anyone who has used the rc calculator in combination with either GPS or radar to post their results. So far the only one I know that has done that was 50togo. He did not calculate for ballooning, and it turns out he went faster than the calculator said he could go. In my case, I am using foams, and there is no ballooning. It talls me 53.75 is my top speed, and like I said same setup hits 27 on 6 cells, so 54 in theory is spot on IMHO. I am only drawing 8 amps at 27mph, so I have no reason to believe that my batteries cant handle double that.
    Hey, who really cares about any people that say your video is faked? Not me. Its not like your setting a guiness world record... I would be interested to hear the difference in speeds with different batteries even if there is no video at all.

RC Qualifier
    Turns out it was hitting 44mph. Glad I didn't make that bet! I spent my last dollar on 2 monsters and a lemon pie instead. With the equipment I have, the calculator says I can hit 70mph. So taking into consideration that discrepancy, the top speed I should be able to hit is 57mph (44/54)x70=57.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...sWTNheUE#gid=0

the 27 and 26 mph runs are my bros rusty and my slash on 6 cells. They are dead even, making racing quite fun.