RC Qualifier

Post Shortened RPM Front & Rear Bumper

I know everyone loves the durability of RPM, but hates how far the bumpers stick out.

Got tired of my front bumper sticking out an inch from my body, so I did something about it. Realized that I could simply slide the front part of the bumper lower and mount it on with only 2 screws. Then I just had to cut off the bottom two holes with a dremel and sand. This is how it turned out.

As for the rear, it wasn't so easy. For this, I had to cut the bracket to the length I wanted first. Then make sure it was even, then create away for it to stay on. I couldn't just leave it with the two screws on the top, so I made some plastic "spacers". Then I could let the bumper rest on them and attach with a screw at the bottom. It's design also acts as a shock absorber from hits. While I made them, I thought it was a cool idea to make one side into a number plate. This is the finished product.

RC Racer
    Great Job! This will help a lot of people. I'll be doing that to my front bumper since my rear one isn't too bad.

RC Champion
    I love your truck!!!!!

on the front one, howd you get the top of it off?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-12-2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: post merge
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasFTW View Post
    I love your truck!!!!!

on the front one, howd you get the top of it off?
    Thanks! I trimmed it off with a dremel. Then I flipped it upside down so the hacked up part would be on the bottom and the nice side facing up