Thread: x01 chassis?

RC Racer

Question x01 chassis?

since the new 100mph super car (X-01) has a chassis based on the slash 4x4 couldn't it be used as a lcg chassis? and if it could be why wont Traxxas just make all the new model year slash 4x4 with that chassis? i mean i think it would maybe get the interest in some racers cause wouldn't it improve the handling? give me your thoughts please. would love to know what your thinking about it. thanks.

RC Racer
    Interesting thought and while I don't know that much about the X01, it seems that all that aero functionality would prevent it from being a good offroad platform. It has fins and scoops underneath for stability and cooling. Take that offroad and you will bust those on rocks and get junk sucked into the chassis! The chassis is also designed as 1/7 scale, so you'd have to have a body to accommodate that.
    Sl4sh MM 2650kv
    Grave Digger Pede

RC Qualifier
    He's talking the aluminum chassis, not the plastic aero peices and such.

It would lengthen the wheelbase from 12.75" to 15.9". The first problem would be finding a body like bzz83 said.

You might as well get an SSC LCG chassis if you want to keep it a Slash 4x4.
    SSC SLASH 4X4

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I don't see why they couldn't do a shortened version of the XO-1 chassis with the Sl4sh length. That would be an awesome idea for an LCG version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Competitor
    Will one of the HPI 1/8 scale bodies work?

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    I don't see why they couldn't do a shortened version of the XO-1 chassis with the Sl4sh length. That would be an awesome idea for an LCG version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    If traxxas produced it I would buy that.

RC Racer
    oh yeah sorry i forgot about the wheels base. that is true but yeah if the people from the traxxas headquarters read this i hope they go through with it XD it would get them so much more of the market. and would it be possible to just cut a chunk out of the middle? i wouldnt think so. just a thought