RC Racer

Tire comparison help

Prolineracing trenchers or duratrax lockups? I've heard trenchers are good, but does anyone know much about the lockups? Just wondering, my stocks are gettin burned up...

RC poster
    hey at my track the pro-line snipers are the BOMB! (dusty conditions)

RC Racer
    I guess I should elaborate... I was looking at the lockups because I thought maybe they would be a good all around tire. The conditions I run in are the local ditches play grounds and sometimes wet conditions. I guess that pretty much means all terrain. Is anyone out there runnin the lockups? By the way... Those snipers do look like they would be great on the track.

RC Qualifier
    Personally, I would go with Trenchers. Had some on my Blitz and they're probably the best all-around basher tire you can get. Too bad Hpi doesn't make Geolander SC's, those would be perfect...

To me the Proline Switch are the best all terrain tire. Trenchers wear out too fast on pavement. On dirt they are a good tire. The Switch will have better traction and longer life when used onroad. They also do well in the dirt.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    Just bought some Proline Badlands and boy do they hook it up, way more than the Trenchers I had previously.

RC Champion
    With tire choice there are certain thing's that need to be looked at. 1. What are you mainly doing, bashing, racing? 2. What type of condition's do you normally drive on? 3. Can you get a great off road set and still get a set for the street? No offroad tire will perform well or last long on the street. I run Street fighter's for on road and Suprasale's Mohawk's or big block's "Badland's knockoff" for dirt and they were awesome. $60.00 and I have a set for only onroad and a set for only offroad. Just my $.02
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Champion
    If you bash I'd go with a 2.2 tire, much wider. I dont bash my slash 4x4 much anymore but when I did, trenchers didnt give me enough traction. I only run on 2s too
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

RC Racer
    I thought the slash 4x4 was already 2.2?

RC Qualifier
    no, the rims are 2.2 inner and 3.0 outter

RC Racer
    Ok.... So what's the size difference between say... A stock tire and a switch or badlands tire?

RC Qualifier
    when you buy a tire you choose the sc 2.2, 3.0 size, all the sc tires are the same size.

RC Racer
    Ok. I thought I was misunderstanding. I'm still on the same page, Thanx. Do u guys think the switch tire is a pretty rounded tire? Street, dirt, a little grass....( I hate grass, it's an esc killer) ??