Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    RC Enthusiast
    I appreciate ur craft bro

RC Champion
    Thanks brother, I have a lot of fun building and playing with these things.

Quote Originally Posted by EMAXXBRUSHLESS View Post
    Well, I didn't get the readers ride of the month but got a nice little write up and a couple pics in the readers rides page in the august issue of car action magazine. Good enough for me.
    Nice mate...well done !
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    Thanks mate, I guess that's my small claim to fame in the e-maxx rc world. LOL
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 06-22-2013 at 08:25 AM.

RC Champion
    I saw the readers ride's ride Congrats!
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E G-Slayer

RC Champion
    Thanks slw, It won show off of the month too in the July issue of RC Driver. Kinda cool to get it a couple mags. I think the only reason it won is the cool looking blower scoop I fabricated out of a leave blower reducer tip caught some editor eyes.

RC Champion
    Got my 3cells all charged up for another 6s run but its so hot around here lately Im afraid ill burn it up. lol 100 degrees today.
    Too hot for me never mind the motor.

RC Champion
    Damage report. lol, well it cooled off so I took it down to favorite parking lot for another 6s run. I guess the sidewalls on the road rages didn't have enough rubber left on them. 5 minutes into it and pop. It sounded just like somebody popped a balloon. So I put my other road rages on and pretty much destroyed what was left of them to begin with. A few blasts from a stand still got me a broken drive pin in the rear diff for my trouble. I think I found a weak link in this thing. That little drive cup pin. So I think its days as a road racer are soon to come to an end. Its been a lot of fun and I have no regrets but they just don't make tires to hold up to a 15 pound maxx sliding around on the pavment. I will probably just kick the suspension down a little bit and throw on some off road tires and run it hard in the yard. Maybe get a rc drift car someday. I think one of those would be fun. oh ya, after the rear diff pin broke. I had fun literally burning the front tires off of it until it ripped out the sidewalls and blew them out of the beadlocks. They were almost toast to begin with. This was there last run for shore. To top it off when I went to take the wheels off, all four of the nuts I used from some dace adaptors on the integy 23mm hubs locked right up tight about a 1/2 turn out.

Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 07-22-2013 at 02:29 PM.

RC Qualifier
    WOW! To the Maxx for shore with the Road Max. Its too bad the Road Rage tires don't hold up. Some people in my neighborhood have the RC Road Speed Drift Cars, like the RS4, and they are fast, but the moment they end up into 2 feet of lawn, its stuck. I'm thinking of getting a Traxxas Rustler perhaps to start with, they are pretty darn fast!

RC Champion
    Went to the hardware store and got a 23mm 6-point socket. Ground the chamfer on the end of it back flat to get all the bite on the nut as possible. Still no go, just slipped around the hex. Solution, My dewalt 14.4 volt and a 1/4" drill bit. lol There off and i need some new hubs. The tires were gone and I didn't like those wheels anyway. Maybe ill pull the diff out tonight and see what I broke in there. AGAIN lol All you guys out there don't get a bad impression of the 1/8th scale diffs. They are much stronger than stock but if you beat the tar out of them on pavment on 6s like I seem to like to do,they will break. The front one is still holding up though, and it still has the same hardened gears that I broke twice in the rear before. The regular steel gears seem to have held up better in the rear. . I know one pin is broke because the drive cup is out of the diff a bit and spins free. lol. Almost feels like the gears might have survived. Ill see when I take it apart
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 07-23-2013 at 04:19 PM.

RC Champion
    Well I guess I was wrong about the gears. The pin and one of the sun gears got munched. And the rest of them a little buggered up from the shrapnal. I wonder what broke first?
    Im guessing the pin is probably breaking and causing the rest of the havoc. I wonder if I make some pins from some good hss stock that I use to make tools out of, if they would be any stronger than the ones that you get with them.
    Anybody have any suggestions for the strongest diff pins? Its a terrible place for a weak link.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 07-24-2013 at 08:58 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    what diff is that ?

RC Champion
    The diff cup I got here.
    http://www.innovative-rc.com/lightni...ver-p-209.html
    The ring gear is hpi/hot bodies hpi#101036 or HBC#8028 Same thing
    The pinion is hpi/hot bodies hpi #101038 or HBC #8030 " " "
    HPI spyder gears #87193 I think
    UE Drive cups, Boca ceramic bearings

RC Champion
    Like I said don't ever put those 23mm Dace adapter nuts on the integy hubs. This was the only way I could get them off the second time. Glad I only paid 15.00 for the dace adaptors.

Well its back together again with new rear diff gears. I just used some stock pins I had. Going to get some hss drill rod and make some to try next time. lol I haven't quite figure out what im going to put back on for tires. Both sets of my road rages are completely destroyed. lol So I think its time to play in the yard with it. I have a stock set of revo wheels and tires I could throw on but there not taped so knowing me I would probably quickly blow them out of the rims too. Maybe ill gear it down a bit and put the 3.8 mashers on proline commando wheels back on it. There taped and balanced and just sitting here on my shelf. I don't know I used them once and there heavy beasts. Maybe find some tires to go on my maximizer beadlocks I scored cheap on ebay a while back.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 07-26-2013 at 08:42 AM.

RC Champion
    I like these tires so much, i highly recommend them. i noticed that mine were unglued in places but they still worked perfectly fine and don't balloon much at all. Black and Blue's road days won't be over with these
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hpi-4729-Mou...item46114b7fe2
    Last edited by SLW-SVT; 07-26-2013 at 03:56 PM.

RC Champion
    Thanks slw, I might just have to try a set. No big deal to reglue the spots that come loose. Ive read a lot of people like them, Say they slide around good. and I like that.

RC Champion
    They are the best anti flipping over device!

RC Qualifier
    As for the little pin Inside diff, did you ever think to use right size of ejector pin cut to the desire lenght?. ( those we use as suspention pin)
    http://www.plastixs.com/ep01.html

Fred
    3906 CC 1717 / MMM GA 7075 UE Khead LST2 DIFF

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by EMaxx_Quebec View Post
    As for the little pin Inside diff, did you ever think to use right size of ejector pin cut to the desire lenght?. ( those we use as suspention pin)
    http://www.plastixs.com/ep01.html

Fred
    Yes, Thought of them too. Not shore what would be better. M2 HSS Drill blanks Rockwell 62-64 hardness. Or the through hardened ejector pins 58/62 hardness. I think I will go with some good quality 2.5mm M2 HSS blanks From my favorite tool blank supplier and give that a try if I break it again.

RC Champion
    what a super nice truck !!!!

RC Champion
    Thanks, Had a lot of fun building this one.

RC Champion
    I'm still surprised the diff issues you have had. When I built my trucks I slapped plain Jane Ofna Hyper diffs in and haven't had a single issue with either my Big Block T or the brushless E on 6s A123's.

Is it possible you are using too hard of pins and they are somewhat brittle?
    My tranny case is stock :D

RC Champion
    Ive been using the stock pins that came with some hpi and ofna diffs. I think Its mostly my trigger finger that's breaking them. lol Doing burnouts and running the crap out of it on pavement and 6s is tough on things. But these stock pins seem to look odd the way they break. They seem to just snap into three clean little pcs with no little schrapnell bits. And the core color is like a dark color. I don't know what there made out of but if it happens again im going to make my own out of some hss drill blanks. (good quality ones I use to make cutting tools) Im not shore if that's the best material to use for diff pins but worth a shot. Im going to order some 2.5mm stock and make some. And then stress test them somehow against the stock ones and see witch seems to be stronger. Im betting on the drill blank. lol

RC Champion
    I thought you were using your own pins already. I'm sure 6s lipo is putting down more watts than my 6s A123 setup, but I have been hammering mine for 5 years on the E, and 9 years on the T.

Maybe I'm just living right though because I haven't broke my plastic E chassis yet. I haven't been easy on them either, I routinely jump the road in front of my house, most of the time I clear the down slope on the other ditch landing down in the trough. I have taken the E to a monster jam half time show doing big air, and have caught massive air at a skate park a couple times. I didn't expect the chassis to survive a fraction of the abuse I've given it, but the darn thing takes it all, and comes back for more.
    My tranny case is stock :D

RC Champion
    I decided to keep the road maxx on the road. So I just ordered a set of these for it.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hpi-4729-Mou...-/300937871330
    The way I run this thing they probably wont last any longer than the two sets of road rages I shredded off of it. lol (I think it had a lot to do with the old rough pavement I ran it on too) But its going to be a whole lot of fun. This time im going to run it on the freshly sealed parking lot right next to me here at the school. Should be much smoother and easier on the tires. so I think I will strap a couple 3-cells to its backside and take it over there and give it &#%*.

RC Champion
    Been so busy with other things I still haven't had time to try out these phatlines on this thing. I did manage to sand and polish up this gmaxx chassis i picked up on ebay. Im thinking of rebuilding this thing with this chassis and a monoblock over the winter. The LCG will be better for a road machine.

RC Racer
    I love this truck.The best looking E Maxx I have seen

RC Champion
    Thanks mate, I appreciate your comments. This one was a lot of fun to build.