Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    RC Competitor
    Nice build pretty much amazing
    Tmaxx 3.3 jato rustler vxl stampede son ova digger

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Have you tried the outer shock stettings on your arms. Lower the better for on road driving

RC Champion
    No, Havent had time to play around with shocks. Looking to get some UE supershocks when moneys there. Snow on the ground so no rush.

RC Champion
    My rc addiction is acting up again. I had a bad spell the other day. LOL (8) UE Supershocks and some Knucklehead towers.
    and I found these on ebay cheap. hbc8084 diffs, some hardened diff gears. looking for good alum diff case to build some good strong diffs?

RC Racer
    HR has a newly designed diff case. Also the flm cases are supposed to be good

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That would be diff cup don't forget the diff case too

RC Racer
    Oh my bad, maybe I should fully wake up before I start posting!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Been there and done that!

RC Champion
    I have the flm hybrid bulks. The diff cup is what i was talking about not the diff case.

RC Enthusiast
    Would like to see the truck
    All the pics are gone, this project sounds awesome but i dont know how it looks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    What diffs are you using?
    On my revo losi mod I ran hr aluminum cup not sure if it fits all 1/8 scale diffs
    What weight diff oil are you using? I read you only need 5k diff oil

RC Champion
    demigod15, Theres still lots of pics,look through the pages.
    50togo, post #64 Havent got them yet but read some other posts on here and they should fit. If not i will modify somthing and make them fit. For diff oil I had 3k rear and 7k front, Im no expert on what weight diff oil is best for road racing a 15 pound truck , so maybe someone else will chime in. I got some hpi 86827 alloy diff cups that look like i could make work but they use the weaker 10x16mm bearing. I want to have a 8x16mm bearing on both sides.So i got some more coming. HR 1011 with steel back plate, not shore what size bearing they take or if they will fit but I can turn down to 8mm if 10mm and still be strong. and some more from innovative rc 1-pc 6082 alum clear anodized w/8mm bearing shaft. (lightening stadium) diff cup.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 01-29-2013 at 07:34 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The hr1011 is what I used in my revo be interesting if they work but yes same bearing both sides!
    Usually run thicker oil in back and lighter up front

RC Champion
    50togo, just got the hr 1011 cups in mail. The steel backplate on the ones i got have 10mm shaft so there not the same bearing on both sides. The ring gears take 8mm. But I can spin grind them down to accept the stronger 8x16mm bearing and being steel they should still be plenty strong. The inner dimensions are real close to the stock plastic hpi cups so i think a couple shims will work, have to put one together w/the hardened gears when i get the rest of my parts and see.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Look on post 247 of my revo thread kawasaki. Are these your cups? Mine are all the same size http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...i-e-revo/page7

RC Qualifier
    You ever used the erevo center diff I would think it would be good for onroad
    6s runs
    emaxx 4092 1480kv motor 5s

RC Champion
    good question. I haven't come across anyone doing that. I've been wandering about it though
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E G-Slayer

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The hyper 7 ring gear will not work with the losi cups. It takes an o ring and a gasket won't work because it's tapered

RC Champion
    50togo, the ones i got #SAV1011CS07 look the same but the backplate is black and the cup doesnt have the .com address on them, just the HR logo. I just got done grinding them down to fit 8mm.
    What was the complete part # on yours?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ending 06.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/271146557871...=p5197.c0.m619
    Have you fitted it together yet? What ring gear are you using

RC Champion
    You got the ones for a losi LST. I got the ones for hpi savage. Theres the difference. How wide is the losi cup? just the alum cup itself? Mine are .670 wide x 1.207 dia. If you dont have them installed.
    Im hoping to use the ring gears on the hbc8084 diffs i have coming if they will fit. I also got some hbc8028 ss (lightening series) ring gears coming. There probably the same gear as on the hbc8084 not shore. LOL Trying to stick with hpi/hbc parts hoping they will fit together. Theres hpi part #'s and hbc part #'s that are the same parts. Theres probably losi part #'s that are the same parts too. By the time im done i should have enough parts to build a couple sets of these things. LOL Getting costly but having a whole lot of fun playing around with them. Still waiting for the innovative rc lightening series cups too,they are 1-pc and have 8mm bearing shaft. I will play around with the 1011 cups tonight and see how the hardened gear set hpi#101142 whitch is the same hardened set as hbc8101-1 fits.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 01-29-2013 at 02:40 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Mine are in my revo. The plastic hd losi cup is 0.7215 x 1.2175 and hyper 7 .7865 x1.21

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Don't know if you are following my thread but flm's stub axle is cut too short and needs machining

Have you managed to sort this out yet mate??
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    I mocked up one diff last night.
    HR sav1011 cup,w/modified steel backplate to accept 8mm bearing.
    hpi #101142 hardened gear set.
    UE 1-pc 7.5 axle drive cups
    I havent got my ring gears yet so i used a hpi spiral gear to test fit the diff gears. I used the large .008 thick washers from the hpi 86827 cups behind the sun gears (these made a nice fit for the ue drive cups,just a little honing on the ends of the bearing shaft on the ring gear) and it was way to tight with the supplied .016 thick hr gaskets. By adding 1 hpi #101128 .020 thick blue gasket it fits just a tiny bit tight. so if I swap out one of the hr gaskets for .020 hpi gasket its good. Instead of using one of the .016 hr gaskets on one side with the .020 hpi gasket too. im going to grind .008 of the backs of the sun gears and then i can just use one .020 gasket on each side. This should work good if the inside of the ring gears are the same. If not just a little more or less grinding or different shim. You can get .007 copper shims if needed.
    One note on the 101142 diff gears. they have a burr around the outer edge. I spent a good half hour with a honing stick, honing them all off first.
    This should be a pretty good strong diff set up. I like it. and I will have my 8mm pinion shaft which was half the reason I tore it apart to begin with. Now,will it fit the flm hybrid? Measuring to the outsides of the bearings its going to be close. Only about .012 smaller than the housing. Will depend on how far the ring gear is from the bearing. Might have to mod somthing else. LOL

RC Champion
    I got the ring gears and mocked one up. I used some hpi drive cups to shim the diff in the bulkheads because the shims fit over them unlike the ue cups. Saves much time. I will swap out on final assembly. Here is what i put together and how i made it fit.
    HR #SAV1011 alum diff cup w/hardened steel backplate.
    HPI #101142 Hardened diff gears
    HBC #8028 ring gear
    HBC #8030 pinion gear
    UE 1-pc 7.5 drive cup
    HPI #101028 .020 thick gaskets (1) on each side
    (1) .008 thick washer from the HPI #86827 cups behind the sun gears. these give them a nice surface to ride on.
    FLM Hybrid bulks
    Avid bearings
    The sav1011 cup comes with a 10mm bearing shaft on the backplate so i ground it down to fit a stronger 8mm bearing.
    The diff gears were a bit too wide to fit so instead of adding a gasket i ground down the backs of the sun gears to a perfect fit.
    It took .032 shims behind the pinion to line it up with the ring gear.
    And .029 shims on the diff side to fit the bulkheads and mesh the gears.
    No shims on the ring gear side. Got lucky, it just fit.
    I will call this my "Mixed and Matched and Modified Diff.
    This was a fun little project. I realize not everybody has there own tool and cutter grinding shop. But I think you could do the same thing using the HR LOSi 1011 cup.Like mugs did. (comes with 8mm bearing shaft) and some gasket spacers.
    I got purple ones because thats what was in stock. Would have got silver but whats the diff you dont see them anyway. LOL
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 02-01-2013 at 09:52 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks sweet!
    All that and you didn't run ceramics!

RC Champion
    I know. whats another 20.00 bucks. Got a whole set of them in the tranny. LOL I dont have time to play with it a whole lot so the regular bearings should last for me. upon final assembly i had to do a little fine tuning to get the mesh right. had to grind about .004 of the ring gear bearing shaft to move the diff over a little more. Then rotated the ring gear one hole at a time and check runout in v-blocks on my 10x comparator. Got it from .010 to .002. Sweet. Nice and smooth and just a tiny tiny bit of backlash all the way around. .

RC Champion
    one more little note on this diff build. The 8030 pinion shaft is about .100 longer than the one that came with the castor. When i put the bulkhead back on The flm dogbone whitch just fit before was now just butted up against the tranny and pinion shafts. So I took my dremel with a pointed stone and hollowed out the end of the pinion shaft and saved the day. LOL

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice! If you couldn't do the machining you would be in trouble!

RC Champion
    I know! I was just barely able to make it fit. Having my own little grinding shop definetly makes this hobby a lot of fun for me.
    Not trying to advertise but if Anybody needs somthing ground down to fit. pm me

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Maybe get a hold of a Robinson racing 8590 or 8690 gear set and try to shorten the pinion shaft for stock traxxas diffs. The 8090 pinion fits but you can't find them

RC Champion
    Thanks 50, but i already have the parts to do the front. And now that i know what i have to do,its no big deal. Next up after the front diff. is to set up the supershocks.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I was talking about selling them!
    For those unwilling to do 1/8 scale diffs and keep the stock type diff

RC Champion
    sell them! no Way. LOL I spent hours maticulously building that diff. +Not shore but I dont think were allowed to sell non traxxas parts on here.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 02-03-2013 at 08:26 AM.

RC Champion
    Just spent my sunday afternoon down in my grinding shop building the other diff for the front. Came out sweet. Had to grind a little off the side of the ring gear and the backs of the sun gears just like the rear to make it fit. Now back up to my e-maxx garage (aka bedroom closet) to install

RC Qualifier
    That takes the cake right there for coolest maxx iv ever seen! That's sweet

RC Champion
    Thanks eschmitt. Its a fun project. Cant wait to take it out again in the spring.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I wasnt talking about your 8030 for the 1/8 diffs!

RC Champion
    Sorry 50 i misunderstood what you said. No hard feelings mate.