Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Looking sharp! Is it time for a custom paint job???
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC Champion
    After all the time and money I've spent on this thing, I think I will have a hard enough time scratching up the stock one. LOL A custom one would be cool though. I found a bullit proof one just like the one I have for 130.00 ebay. LOL LOL
    I think I,ve just about run out of mods and upgrades to do to this thing. Soon be time to try it out

RC Champion
    I like those wheels. Its a good looking truck
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Champion
    Thanks guys, I got the wheels on ebay a while back for 20.00 for (4) They seem to be getting harder to find now. So I just bought another set for 40.00 already stripped and dyed and dusted with ceramic enamel, and a set of better screws. Looking for some offroad tires for them. Im thinking of getting some 3.8 40 series mashers. But would like somthing a little smaller dia. with offroad tread?

RC Champion
    Found a set of mashers on ebay for the proloine rims. These things are going to look awsome on the truck. Of course I will have to paint the beadlock rings blue like my other ones. there a little bigger than i really wanted but i like the looks of them. Cant wait to get them all taped and mounted up and balanced. Dont know what happened to the rpm sensor i ordered but would like to install it before i mount roll bar. Someday Im going to have this thing ready to go. Its starting to collect dust. LOL

RC Enthusiast
    That is one ridiculously good looking truck... can't believe the amount of work thats gone into this....
    I've just got all the FLM parts, and now pretty scared to approach this seeing as how much work and mods you've had to do.... I don't mind the work, but I definitely don't have your technical abilities....

Its a pity that 90% of the pics aren't showing up, would be great to keep this thread complete with all the pics.... only the last few of your posts are showing the images...

Beautiful work, congrats again...

RC Champion
    Heres some of the missing pics
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 09-13-2012 at 08:23 AM.

RC Champion
    another missing pic of truck
    IMG]http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL727/13504898/24155808/403923614.jpg[/IMG]

dont know what happened here
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 09-13-2012 at 08:12 AM.

RC Champion

IMG]http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL727/13504898/24155808/403923613.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 09-13-2012 at 08:03 AM.

RC Champion
    Heres some more missing pics

IMG]http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL727/13504898/24155808/403923625.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL727/13504898/24155808/403923638.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL727/13504898/24155808/403923643.jpg[/IMG]

RC Champion
    Guess I missed the beginning of the link on some. LOL I shure have screwed up this whole post but not totally. As you can see Im much better at building an emaxx than i am at running this computer, LOL

my home made tire balancer

some strong springs to hold bumper down

Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 09-13-2012 at 08:48 AM.

RC Champion
    More progress on this on going build. LOL Some 23mm hubs. Drilled out for 1/8 pins. An alum spacer so I can still use the modified traxxas 17mm hubs that I shortened the axles to fit. A .090 thick washer that wont mushroom. I drilled out the center of some covered wheel nuts so They dont have to be removed to check axle bolts. I didnt like the wheel nuts that came with integy hubs. Some yahoo had the great idea of milling most of the threads out of the middle of them and sticking an oring in there, leaving one thread on each side. LOL Probably the last integy I buy. Also will get some big 1/8 thick alum or nylon washers to go behind the wheel nuts.

And finally back in stock gens ace 5800 45-90c batts. on sale 45.00 ea. free shipping.

and some no wires adaptors

Also got another set of proline wheels for some mashers I found on ebay. They were already painted black. I stripped the orange colored coating off the rings and blackened the lettering. There the comando ones. there a little wider than the cheyenne ones I used for the road rage tires. Look like they will fit the mashers perfect.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 09-21-2012 at 07:19 AM.

RC Champion
    I was busy last night. Got the mashers taped and mounted. Need more balancing tape to balance. They look awsome on the truck but thier heavy. since these will be used mostly on grass and dirt surfaces I left the beadlock ring bare metal surface. Just a little rub down with a scotchbright pad and color in lettering with permanant marker. Painted and anodized finish dont look good for long when playing in the dirt. The only drawback to this build is its weight . about 16 pounds, Roll bar,batts,and wheels and tires being the biggest contributing factors. Might need to run 6s just to haul itself around. LOL
    Heres a few pics with the mashers.

Next up, make some big flat alum. or nylon washers to go behind wheel nuts to spread the load. Balance tires, Mount the roll bar and bumpers, Beef up the body, charge batterys and take it out for a test run. That should take me about another month the way its going. LOL

RC Champion
    Roll bar and bumpers mounted. mounted with some pcs of gas line,zip ties and a couple strong springs as a second line of defense on the rear. I kept the stock bumper mounts for a little flex. Ditched the HR body posts for the flexible rpm ones. They looked cool but could only lead to bent towers. Drilled the bottom bumper mount holes for a lock nut.

[I

Also ditched the chassis brace blackout plates in favor of a couple alum cross braces. They also looked cool but just a place for dirt to pack in.

Also drilled and tapped three holes to hold the wheelie in place

Waiting for some more wheel balancing tape and my machinist friend to bore out some wheel nut washer/spacers.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 09-26-2012 at 08:46 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    nice truck,,quick question about the wheelie bar, how do you install it with the FLM chassis ? what battery trays are those ?

thx

RC Champion
    The batt trays are from kershaw designs (velcro battery tray) 7.99 ea. If you look on page 2 of my build there is pics and size. I cut the three raised mounts off the bottom of them. The wheelie bar mounts to the skid plate just like the stock set up. I just added a few screws to hold it in place since the springs pull the bumper down on to it.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 09-26-2012 at 09:03 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    cool, thanks.

RC Champion
    Still working on and modifying this thing. LOL I did some customizing and strengthening on the pro graphics body. Made a custom built colapsable blower intake extension fit through the bottom of the windshield and back of hood for the ice amps blower. This looks really cool and functional too. Some gorrila tape on the inside of the body to strengthen and protect the areas that rub against the roll bar ect. Some traxxas battery hold downs and a few strips of plastic to beef up the back end.
    I will post some pics tomorrow if I have time.

RC Champion
    Heres some pics of my latest mods.

Thinking of somthing cool to do to the fake grill next.

looking good mate...keep up the good work .
    Rock n Rolla !

Wow nice work! Just wondering, what the total price of your E-Maxx? Sorry if that's personal, it just looks awsome (and expensive) and I was just wondering how much money you've put into it. Thanks!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    Thanks again guys. I figure I have at least 1800.00 and a lot of fun building this thing. Probably closer to 2000.00 if you add all the s+h charges and a few small things Im shure i missed. Im almost afraid to scratch it. LOL I have another 3908 with a lot of upgrades too but not built as tough as this one with flm alum chassis,lst2 axles with 8x16mm outer and 15x24 inner bearings,flm ultimate hybrid bulks w/custom fit 1-pc ue drive cups,titanium skids,ect ect. Its almost time to charge up my new 2 cell 5800 45-90c batts and take it out for its maiden voyage. LOL and try not to crash it!

Mate...I don't even want to think of the $'s Ive spent building my 3 rigs. What the wife doesn't know doesn't hurt. keep up the good work .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    I hear ya mate, Must be careful what we write on here. LOL Hope my wife dont read my last post.

RC Qualifier
    Awesome looking truck mate. Lots of time & $ in that.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Champion
    The intake is nice!
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Champion
    I thought some of you guys would like the blower intake. If your wondering what I made it out of, its the reducer tip from my toro ultra leave blower. LOL First i cut it to fit the opening nicely but realized in a crash it could end up catching on somthing and bending the motor and blower plate back. Not good so I cut out the sides and slid it over and under the blower. Now it will slide back about 3/16" and then fall down in. At least thats what I hope will happen in a crash.

Quote Originally Posted by EMAXXBRUSHLESS View Post
    I thought some of you guys would like the blower intake. If your wondering what I made it out of, its the reducer tip from my toro ultra leave blower. LOL First i cut it to fit the opening nicely but realized in a crash it could end up catching on somthing and bending the motor and blower plate back. Not good so I cut out the sides and slid it over and under the blower. Now it will slide back about 3/16" and then fall down in. At least thats what I hope will happen in a crash.
    Very creative mate...hopefully it works as planned .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Enthusiast
    MAn this is one sexy looking truck!

Have you got much run time on her yet? How does she handle with all the mods, and all the extra weight etc?

Great build man, looks like a scarily large amount of work and forethought and planning into this sucker... but the results look fully worth it... definitely one of the best looking beasties around!

Congrats!

RC Champion
    Thanks neptune, Only tested it in my shop so far. Dont want to scratch it up just yet. LOL But soon. Weighs 16 pounds with 5800 batts. Raining here today. first nice day im going to take it out and see how it works.

RC Racer
    Amazing build!

RC Champion
    Had some time to get back to my baby. Trimmed down the sides of the front body washer support thingy so it doesnt look so much like a bandaid or part of an erector set. Dogbone shape looks better. Made a matching one to support the back of the body better. Thats all the mods for now. Sun is shining today, Batterys are all charged up. Cant wait any longer, as soon as the yard drys up after lunch its going out for its first real trial run. I Can hardly wait. Hopfully all my time spent setting up the drivetrain, shimming diffs,ect. is going to work good. Will report back later today.

Ready for action.

RC Champion
    Should be cool blasting through the leaves in the yard. Have to take a good look at it. although i dont plan to beat the crap out of it. It Will probably never look this good again. LOL
    I will definetly try to keep the shiny side up. LOL
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 10-16-2012 at 10:09 AM.

RC Champion
    First time out, good news and bad news. It ran great for about ten minutes then became a two wheel drive as it snapped the dogbone pin in the front of the front drive shaft. Other than that everything works great. steeering needs a little adjustment on the center and end point on one side but the hytek tg-7955 servo works fine with the built in bec on the mmm set at 6.o volts. Was running on 4s 100% total forward 30% punch. Probably had slipper set a bit to tight. Or maybe just a bad pin. Dont mind a broken pin but have to take it all apart to replace If I remember I can get it out by loosening the tranny and lifting it up a little? Just have to remove roll bar. Seems to handle pretty good as far as i can tell with a bunch of leaves under its paws. on the grass it wheelies nicely. Not screeming fast with 20-65 gears and 4s. seems about the same as my other max with 17-68 and stock diffs on 4s . But plenty fast for playing in the yard. The mashers really grab hold. Took one small cartwheel as it went up into a sideways wheelie. No damage done Even with just rear wheel drive it drives around pretty good. The mashers were spitting out leaves like a leave blower. LOL Its a Breazy cool day outside today about 50 deg. Temps after about 20 minutes were about 100-110 deg.on motor and esc. So it looks like I have more work to do.

Unlucky one mate about the dogbone...fortunately it wasn't worse
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    Good news. I removed front center shaft. Found it also had the pin broken on one side on the tranny side too. After a little work. I was able to remove the pins and replace with some longer 3mm wheel hub pins that fit the UE drivecups better. Looked like the pins were binding up in the slots. They dont come out easy! Had to heat them up with a torch.put in vice and mangle a couple of punchs to get them out. Waiting for reply from flm to order a couple front and rear shafts for spares. They said they would warranty the broken one. Took it out and ran it hard till batts wore down about 30 min. Took a couple of pretty good crashs. Landed hard on front bumper once. another light cartwheel across yard,and happy to report the only damage was a couple little scratchs on the roof. Next run im going to try the axial tires and rims that I originaly had on this build and lighten it up a bit. The proline mashers and rims are nice but they also weigh 5 lbs. also thinking of swapping out the 20t - 65t for 22t - 65t for a bit more speed. Temps on last run were motor 130 esc 100
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 10-19-2012 at 07:00 AM.

Sweet...good to hear mate.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    For the next run I mounted the axial terra-izer tires and beadlock rims. I like the look of these rims better but wish the tires had a little more agressive tread. and bigger 23mm hubs. I like those. Truck is about 2 lbs lighter with them on it. was 16 1/4 lbs w/2s5800 batts now just over 14lbs. also swapped out the 20t pinion for a 22t. Raining again today and dont want to get it all mud so have to wait to try it. I Wish there was an indoor carpet track close by. Good day for some kind of body mod. mmmmmm what can I do to it today?
    Ready for next 4s run.

I like the set of tyre and rim combo you have...Awesome!
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    Thanks mate. These were the first set i put together for this thing. Had my machinist friend mill out the ID of the rings for clearance and some partial rad. for a cool look. I dont think you can even find these tires anymore. Got these on e-bay a while ago for like 13.00 a pair. I taped and balanced them and ready for some terra-izing LOL (update) I just looked on e-bay. The tires are still available 12.99 a pair +11.83 SH Tempted to pick up another set in case I destroy one.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 10-20-2012 at 09:41 AM.