RC poster

New batteries with wires on top - How do I make them fit in my e-Revo?

Hello,

I just received new batteries ordered online. Bad news, the wires are pluged on top of the batteries and not at the end like the traxxas batteries included in the ervo box for example.

Batteries are Kypom K6 series hard case for car 5800 mAH (KTCAR5800/ 35-2S2P). They fit perfectly in terms of size, but the wires do not allow me to plug them in the car directly.

Would anyone have an idea how I could make them fit?

Thanks already for your help!

CÚdric

RC Competitor
    I recently got a new erevo myself and I got some zfm 3S 5A 40C for like 38 each. I had the same problem. What I did was take a pair of nippers or cutters and cut some of the foam or padding around the wires. The wires are soldered towards the center of the pack, so you have some room to cut around the wires. Once I did that, I made sure the wires never extended past the corner of the pack. Keep pushing the wires towards the center and theyll relax that way. Then put them in the battery trays and let them stay in their overnight. That will relax the cables and it will fit without a fight from now on. Also, I did have to cut the fins out on the back vent battery covers to have room for the wires to plug into the ESC. My wires for my lipos are 8 AWG! Way to thick to fit in that little notch next to the vent covers without severely pinching them. Just make sure you file down those little stubs once you cut out the fins, they are rather sharp and I didnt want it to cut into my lipo wires.

RC poster
    Thanks!
    I looked at it carefully and it seems the only way they would fit would be if I cut the little part of the frame next to the Front vents. Does anybody know if that would fragilize the whole frame or is it ok?

If I may make a suggestion...?
    There are connectors known as right-angle or 90-degree 4mm bullet connectors. These are very low profile because they allow the wire to lay down beside the pack rather than stick straight up out of it. These should let you to fit the 2S 5800 battery pack without a problem.
    Check out this TQ WIRE page and note that their connectors are available in two different lengths.

Edit: Here is a wire with the Traxxas connector, balance tap, and 90-degree bullets already soldered up. (Fourth item down.)
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 07-10-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = ░

RC poster
    Thank you very much!
    Indeed the right angle connector should be the solution.
    I ordered them online already!