RC Qualifier

done with rpm arms

hey guys, i have bent the 2nd set of rpm arms and im done. im going to go ahead and try aluminum! what is the most durable brand of aluminum arms?

RC Qualifier
    The RPM a-arms for the Slash 4x4 are the only RPM parts I have ever been disappointed with and all of my truck are loaded with their parts. Mine started sagging after about 2 weeks on my truck. I went back to the stock a-arms and figured I would look for a replacement when they broke... Im still waiting for them to break
    No Limit RC of Maryland

RC Champion
    My rpm arms have held up to some extreme abuse. Sorry to hear you have had issues! I'll never use stock a arms nor aluminum! They will break to easy lo...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    My rpm arms have held up to some extreme abuse. Sorry to hear you have had issues! I'll never use stock a arms nor aluminum! They will break to easy lo...
    Same here bro i have no complaints from RPM and any of their products, but i did hear if something was to bend or break that they would replace them for free though lol
    Rustler Vxl,Slash 2WD,Slash 4X4,SPC Lipos

RC Champion
    I have rpm arms just for my knowledge what are you doing with the truck that makes them sag? I am not here to judge just gain knowledge of what is happening.

RC Qualifier
    i run all the other things from rpm and love them! i still have my stock arms cause i upgraded to rpm without breaking stocks cause i was stupid. so i will just got back to stock arms until i figure out which aluminum

RC Qualifier
    yeah i think rpm arms are crap too i would use stock arms. aluminum dont hold up

RC Champion
    Stockers don't hold up to heavy bashing or concrete! Aluminum just bends. It's fine for racing but not bashing. If you really want aluminum then FLM is a great brand...

RC Qualifier
    if all those have issues whats the best median of them all

I have a set of FLM arms on my Sl2sh and they've held up pretty well, but I don't bash as hard as some of you guys.

FLM is always a good choice and have a pretty good warranty.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    alright! i will try them! and i mostly run onroad with the occasional monthly insane bash! i will put plastic on when i do that!

do they mount right up?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pro mod steve View Post
    I have rpm arms just for my knowledge what are you doing with the truck that makes them sag? I am not here to judge just gain knowledge of what is happening.
    I consider myself a full-time basher and a part-time racer with a tight track in my yard. I think it is the tight cornering on my track that caused my arms to sag and making it very difficult to keep my suspension tuned how I like it...
    No Limit RC of Maryland

Let me ask you this: does your truck sit on a stand or on its wheels when it is not in use? If it sits on its wheels that could be the reason that your arms started to sag. I know I have had the same set of rpm arms on my first Slash 4x4 for a very long time. It is stored on its wheels so the arms do sag. But it is my onroad Slash so sitting closer to the ground is a good thing. I just hope you find something that will make you happy. Good luck
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    i do leave it on its wheels! well i did for sometime at least now i put it on a stand, i think im going to get the flms because i mostly do onroad and i could switch when im going to be bashing

RC Champion
    I love my proline arms. The extra width is nice!
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexracing View Post
    I love my proline arms. The extra width is nice!
    This is the way to go! Or TRCE magnesium arms will take some really hard hits. It took a chain link fence after 20'+ of air to bend my TRCE arms.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    This is the way to go! Or TRCE magnesium arms will take some really hard hits. It took a chain link fence after 20'+ of air to bend my TRCE arms.
    Amazing! We have a 1/8 monster double at a local track i've been racing my ssclcg truck at and you can get 20+ feet of air over the double. Its crazy, Proline did have an issue with their hinge pin holes stretching out. But they sent me all new revised versions for free! Pretty sweet.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Qualifier
    Well I have not tried this, BUT my buddy has. When he gets any RPM part. He boils them in water for about 10 min.. He beats
    the crap out of the trucks he has, (serious beating) and his truck still holds together perfect.
    Wouldn't you like to know...

RC Qualifier
    Sorry double post...
    Wouldn't you like to know...

RC Champion
    We go play downtown alot landing on concrete! I'll take my chances with rpm.

RC Competitor
    i only broke 1 rpm arm and i sent it in to them and they sent a new 1 back within a week no questions asked

RC poster
    I love my RPM stuff

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jon20102009 View Post
    i only broke 1 rpm arm and i sent it in to them and they sent a new 1 back within a week no questions asked
    the problem isnt braking its bending. i too love all my rpm parts except for a arms, i might get another set and keep it of its wheels while on the bench.

RC Competitor
    Ive had my RPM arms for almost 4 months now and not a single break or issue with them and they have been taking alot of serious abuse. Never going back to stock and never over to alu. Have had to many bad experiences with alu. Just moving the breaking point to somewhere else...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    I think most of us experiencing problems with rpm arms are most likely running sway bars and a somewhat heavy sl4sh. Like, motor and esc upgrades, 3s or bigger battery, even my TRCE sl4sh rounds out arms with a 3800. But again, it runs 3s and losi shocks, sway bars, also gets hours of laps for practice so, this could be a factor. I don't recall replacing arms so often with my old sl4sh basher.... 2s no sway bars.......lighter build all together.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!