Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 90
  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tazewell Va. Were so small here in taz. that we only have 3 stop lights....and one is broke
    Posts
    169

    Fastest xo-1?????

    So, whos got the fastest xo-1 and how fast is it???

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    736
    Haha, budy, that guy does not have the fastest xo-1, he does not have a 100 mph rustler either, because we havent seen any video or evidence of him running.

    I think Traxxas has the fastest xo-1, because one member wrote that they got it up tp 108 mph.

    Giostealthr1 is a joke, much information is not accurate, for example he believe a "heatsink" will protect the motorn in a crash, when it is obvious that the heatsink will fall off. Just look at his components, they are not really up to date...

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    736
    True, there was a video of his xo-1 if im not wrong, but he talks to much bs, and over complicate some things just to sound special. Obviously he get paid to advertise stuff in his videos, because he is constantly talking about some "brands", he probebly get discount from his hobby shop as well mentioning them all the time.

    In the beginning I thought he was cool, but then I realised that stuff he says doesnt really make sence. Some day I will make a big list of funny and unaccurate stuff he says in his videos. And oh "rcspeedjunkies" a reeeal success right? Wonder why Draven and Gio and all those guys suddenly stopped uploading new videos? How about that 120 mph rustler?

    "Im going to do a application of an application"

    Wow, "carbon fiber", or a freaking sticker...funny guy

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rockhampton Australia
    Posts
    295
    I was part of speed junkies, and gio and draven have no idea. Draven did one set up that had been done before... And took claim an demanded respect because he made a video? Ffs it's an rc car not a cure for cancer and the whole rustler crew ended up in a massive arguement on YouTube last week and all hate eachother now lol

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norf Cackalacky
    Posts
    452
    Full..........carbon.........fiber.

    LOL.

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Anthem Arizona
    Posts
    391
    The most I've gotten my xo-1 up to was 103

  7. #7
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    167
    Haha so awesome to see people raggin on that kid giostelth. When I first posted my xo-1 videos he would try and talk trash on YouTube. I was like seriously ? Some people love flexin their Internet muscles. I personally tried watching one of his videos but couldn't get passed the carbon fiber stcikers and forget about his voice, so boring and bordering on the verge of mentally challenged it both bored me and made me feel sorry for him.

    Back to the OP. I have had my xo-1 up to 106 via the telemetry. Video is on the forums here.

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    692
    OP : all our xo-1s go the same speed as long as they have same systems setup ..

    He isnt making no money off anything unless he gets a million hits .

    Telemtry is a good thought out plan if it would be accurate because its NOT sorry TRAXXAS and whomever believe it is .. whether you talking speed or temps because my GPS and my temp gun will tell you otherwise
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    736
    Giostealth want to make money though, and I believe he gets som kind of discount in stores etc, just like Draven who got free batteries from MaxAmps. Yes the telementery can be questioned. The most accurate would be gps and/or speedgun.

  10. #10
    Marshal Dadx2mj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    21,252
    Guys let's keep things on the positive note here. If you are just going to bad mouth or trash someone's reputation it is best just to keep it to yourself.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

  11. #11
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    OP : all our xo-1s go the same speed as long as they have same systems setup ..

    He isnt making no money off anything unless he gets a million hits .

    Telemtry is a good thought out plan if it would be accurate because its NOT sorry TRAXXAS and whomever believe it is .. whether you talking speed or temps because my GPS and my temp gun will tell you otherwise

    "he isn't makin no money"...so he is making money?

    No need to apologize, it's not like a politician apologizes after they dole out false information they pulled out of thin air as you just did. My telemetry works just fine for me.

  12. #12
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    692
    Personally I hope he makes money , atleast a way to get somthing back from the hobby .. But if you arnt generating millions of hits I doubt you will see any funds ,
    Just like if you never try to disprove anything you will believe whatever you are told or in this case shown
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rockhampton Australia
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by powers View Post
    "he isn't makin no money"...so he is making money?

    No need to apologize, it's not like a politician apologizes after they dole out false information they pulled out of thin air as you just did. My telemetry works just fine for me.
    Have you compared against gps? 9/10 people have mixed readings

  14. #14
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandee View Post
    Have you compared against gps? 9/10 people have mixed readings
    Yup, and its within 1-2mph on any given run. Some people tend to forget that the GPS isn't necessarily 100% accurate and neither is a radar gun. The only way to get an exact speed is measured time between distances. Im not that hardcore so I'm gonna stick with my telemetry.

  15. #15
    Marshal Dadx2mj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    21,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandee View Post
    Have you compared against gps? 9/10 people have mixed readings
    That is not what I have seen. When set up with correct gearing input to the software the telemetry has been within 1-2 mph of GPS and radar guns, at least that is what I have seen.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

  16. #16
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norf Cackalacky
    Posts
    452
    I've wondered about GPS accuracy too. I wonder what the sampling rate is on GPS units and how that plays in to top speed. Generally speaking, these cars are only at top speed for a very small amount of time before stopping.

  17. #17
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rc Room
    Posts
    1,484
    I pulled a 105(telemetry). My tires were wore and had a smaller diameter than stock but you can't dispute telemetry.(It's never wrong, HaHa!)

    StealthGeo is a great video editor, salesman, and emulator.....

  18. #18
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStenchOfSpeed View Post
    I've wondered about GPS accuracy too. I wonder what the sampling rate is on GPS units and how that plays in to top speed. Generally speaking, these cars are only at top speed for a very small amount of time before stopping.
    According to the GPS Standard Positioning Service (SPS) Performance Standard, Civilian GPS can be off by as much as 7.8 meters or 25.5 feet. Now I'm no rocket scientist but this has got to play in somewhere when calculating your speed.

  19. #19
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,254
    if telemetry is correct and never wrong. i will do a run on ice i win hands down. lol
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

  20. #20
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by turok View Post
    if telemetry is correct and never wrong. i will do a run on ice i win hands down. lol
    I don't see where anyone has said it is never wrong. It doesn't take a genius to realize your not getting a true speed rating if your getting obsessive wheel spin. Which is where throttle management comes in to play and rolling into the throttle instead of going straight to wot from a stand still. The point is telemetry when used properly is a viable and accurate enough determination of speed and a 1-2 mph variance is really inconsequential.

  21. #21
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    765
    People love to hate on draven but he has the third fastest RC I have been able to find on youtube. The world record holder has a 162mph pass and some slower no record passes, someone has a 157mph pass, and then his 114mph rustler. I have never seen an X0 beat that vid. Please feel free to post one here if it exists. Please do not respond negatively without at least posting a vid to show who's faster. Literally millions of us are slower, including me. Anyway, thanks in advance for keeping it positive.
    0111001101101001011001110000110100001010

  22. #22
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    364
    There was a guy on here holding his XO1 in the air. I believe he recorded 130MPH on the telemetry. Therefore, he has the fastest xo1 on the planet.

    /thread
    E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4

  23. #23
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rockhampton Australia
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyV View Post
    There was a guy on here holding his XO1 in the air. I believe he recorded 130MPH on the telemetry. Therefore, he has the fastest xo1 on the planet.

    /thread
    In the universe!

  24. #24
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    736
    It may differ between gps and telementry, but if done correct theres no issue. Usually you can tell if a person is real or not by the bs he talks. Draven and those kids are sure questionable, and that 114 mph was error in gps measurement because the rusty flipped in the video. Lets say you run around 100 mph with telementry, and you spin out a litte making the wheels to spin alot faster, than you may get a reading at 110 mph, is that accurate?

    Gps device is not dependent on how fast the wheels spin, but how fast the car travels, as with the speed gun.

  25. #25
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by ttThree View Post
    It may differ between gps and telementry, but if done correct theres no issue. Usually you can tell if a person is real or not by the bs he talks. Draven and those kids are sure questionable, and that 114 mph was error in gps measurement because the rusty flipped in the video. Lets say you run around 100 mph with telementry, and you spin out a litte making the wheels to spin alot faster, than you may get a reading at 110 mph, is that accurate?

    Gps device is not dependent on how fast the wheels spin, but how fast the car travels, as with the speed gun.
    Lol. Explain the physics of that to me. My slash gets the same speed on the gps weather it flips or not.
    0111001101101001011001110000110100001010

  26. #26
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher_Jones View Post
    Lol. Explain the physics of that to me. My slash gets the same speed on the gps weather it flips or not.
    I believe what ttThree is postulating is that the gps reads a faster speed when the rustler flipped due to centripetal force. Centripetal force is to the gps what wheel spin is to the telemetry.

  27. #27
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by powers View Post
    I don't see where anyone has said it is never wrong. It doesn't take a genius to realize your not getting a true speed rating if your getting obsessive wheel spin. Which is where throttle management comes in to play and rolling into the throttle instead of going straight to wot from a stand still. The point is telemetry when used properly is a viable and accurate enough determination of speed and a 1-2 mph variance is really inconsequential.
    proof is in my pudding, dunno bout yours



    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher_Jones View Post
    People love to hate on draven but he has the third fastest RC I have been able to find on youtube. The world record holder has a 162mph pass and some slower no record passes, someone has a 157mph pass, and then his 114mph rustler. I have never seen an X0 beat that vid. Please feel free to post one here if it exists. Please do not respond negatively without at least posting a vid to show who's faster. Literally millions of us are slower, including me. Anyway, thanks in advance for keeping it positive.

    I think people love to hate him more of how he comes across then about how fast his ride goes . Theres always gonna be somone faster then us lol .Hes not even at 120mph far from 3rd fastest on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XR3lgmvpvY
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

  28. #28
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    proof is in my pudding, dunno bout yours

    Your "pudding" needs some work. Although it looks like we have the same GPS! But sadly my XO-1 is much faster!



    This is what happens when I hold my gps in the air yo!

  29. #29
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    692
    yours might be faster IN THE AIR yo lol
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

  30. #30
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    765
    I think people love to hate him more of how he comes across then about how fast his ride goes . Theres always gonna be somone faster then us lol .Hes not even at 120mph far from 3rd fastest on youtube
    Agreed, but hes not even close to being in the lower 98% the bell curve either. Still only a handful of people faster per million. I watched his video's in order and he had less of an attitude in the first one, which I am sure is a direct result of smacktalk.

    As far as centripetal force affecting a radio signal, lol.
    0111001101101001011001110000110100001010

  31. #31
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mile 300 Alaska Highway, B.C Canada
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by powers View Post
    Your "pudding" needs some work. Although it looks like we have the same GPS! But sadly my XO-1 is much faster!



    This is what happens when I hold my gps in the air yo!
    Nice photoshop of Benny's picture. Lets see some real speed shots.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

  32. #32
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mile 300 Alaska Highway, B.C Canada
    Posts
    535
    Fastest I've gotten is 102mph for 15 continuous seconds. 12.2km distance record. 63.6 total km on odometer now. I would say the XO-1 speedo is out about 2%. About the same as real cars. My gps updates its readings twice per second. It's the most accurate and consistant. My radar gun is very inconsistant. To the point I don't even bother with it. Those Bushnell gray radar guns are about as useless as Bushnell's telescopes.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

  33. #33
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by judgegixxer View Post
    Nice photoshop of Benny's picture. Lets see some real speed shots.
    DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!! Thanks Captain Obvious! If it wasn't for your astute deductive reasoning skills I'm sure everyone would have thought that was real and not a sarcastic post. Congrats, your parents would be soooo proud!

  34. #34
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rc Room
    Posts
    1,484
    Haha I was like "How did he fake that?" Looks good Richard.

  35. #35
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by BL-Bob View Post
    Haha I was like "How did he fake that?" Looks good Richard.
    AAAh I see what you did there. NICE! C U Next Tuesday!

  36. #36
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mile 300 Alaska Highway, B.C Canada
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by powers View Post
    DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!! Thanks Captain Obvious! If it wasn't for your astute deductive reasoning skills I'm sure everyone would have thought that was real and not a sarcastic post. Congrats, your parents would be soooo proud!
    Whoa don't get too excited! Since I can't compliment you on your driving skills for obvious reasons, I thought I'd take the opportunity to compliment you on your wicked photoshop skills. That's why the first sentence began with the word "nice". 2nd sentence needs no explanation.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

  37. #37
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,173
    I have the fastest XO-1. Trying to get my buddy to get me on a nearby Air Force base so I can run 8S.

    Jeremy

  38. #38
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    364
    No, I have the fastest XO1.
    E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4

  39. #39
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    736
    Seriously, ans what speeds might that be? It the summer is soon gone, has any one brought their xo-1 to 110 or similar?

  40. #40
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,173
    I'm shooting for 120 MPH if I can ever get out there.
    Jeremy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •