Thread: A few questions

RC Racer

A few questions

1. what is the difference between a 2.5 and a 2.5r (I think I have the 2.5r)

2. what is the best plug to use (it takes a while to start my rig)

3. would a motor saver filter make a significant improvement

I had bought this revo pretty cheap and finally got to drive it today, it was a little rough running in the beginning as it was not going very fast at first but after it warmed up and I tuned it in things seem to get a little better other than it is a hard starting machine. The shifting is not as easy to notice like it is with my t-maxx. for a 100 bucks and really not having to put any thing into it I can't complain.

RC Champion
    The 2.5R was more of a Truck change than a motor change, the motor just changed to a blue cooling head. Your hard starting can sometimes be from too rich on the low needle if its not after a hot run. If that is the case it might be a tired motor and has lost its compression. Motor savers are terrible in my opinion and just let too much dirt in. The newer traxxas 2 stage is you best bet.
    2009 Florida State Monster Truck Champion
    RBMods

RC Racer
    copy that on the motor change, it is hard to start cold or hot and to be honest with you I never got to the point of tuning the lsn so I won't rule that out, the guy said he only ran about 2 gallons through the thing. I question if I am getting enough rpm's out of the starter deal as they took the easy starter out of it and converted to the glow plug gun (sorry I don't know the proper terms for these things) . I am using the 3232x glow plug.

RC Racer
    with them 2 stage filters fit on the 2.5? it seems the 3.3 and 2.5 have the same carbs

RC poster
    Yes the filters will fit. I use the motor saver filter with no problems.