RC Champion

Mip Axle Damage with Pin and Hex adapter

As you can see I took some damage with my MIP parts tonight. I was running 4s and just doing some light jumps. Could not get some speed because there was a short distance leading up to the jumps and landings!
    On my last jump I lost a wheel.The axle pin had sheered off on both sides strpping some threads on the front axle portion and damaging the 17 mm hex hub as well. So dissappointed right now. I have had great fortune using thier parts with our pede 4x4's. I had just got my slash back together to start running her with my buddies too!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Racer
    Contact matt@miponline.com, he will probably send you new ones. He just sent me his new aluminum hexes and axles today!

I have given D the information before! I don't think you will have a problem getting replacement parts. Matt is a great guy please keep us posted!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    Me to knuckles, shredded a hex out thursday. fortunately my mip is ok though. Get that thing up and running so we can bash it out eh?

RC Champion
    Il have him contacted already. First thing last night was take the pics and resize them to send to him. I just putting my slash through the paces before we start the abuse! Can't wait to shut all my HPI friends down again...

RC Champion
    So he replied yesterday with a link to new pins and mentioned folks using the stock solid pins. I personally do not think the pins should have sheered on such small jumps. He asked if the axle can still be threaded into the axle nut which it was since about 1/3 of the threads are gone. Hopefully it all holds up and this doesn't happen again.

Please keep us updated! I have a good feeling that you will be taken care of. Mip, in my experience is a company that takes care of their customers. They have been around for a long time so it should be all good!

RC Champion
    I didn't push or ask for replacements. Just going to chalk this one up to the game. Hopefully it was just a fluke incident. I have her drying from the permatex. Theres some big jumps and obstacles I'm looking to hit within the next few days...

Ok, I got you. Well hopefully it holds up for you. I know how you like to beat on your trucks, so if it still holds up that is a great testament to the quality of their parts

RC Champion
    So I put everythig back together and the same issue again while on some 4s speed runs! I ordered a new axle. Should be here monday. If this doesn't solve the issue I'm relegating my mip's to retirement and picking up Teknos to try.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    So I put everythig back together and the same issue again while on some 4s speed runs! I ordered a new axle. Should be here monday. If this doesn't solve the issue I'm relegating my mip's to retirement and picking up Teknos to try.
    Get the Tekno's and don't look back.

RC Competitor
    i have ran both mips and teknos and i love my teknos no problems at all with them

RC Champion
    We will have to see when the new axle comes in tomorrow.

RC Champion
    I receieved an email yesterday from Mipp Matt I just saw today after I sent another email about recieving the new design for thier axles. I ordered a replacement that came in yesterday. Was not the pin style I orderd. They don't make them any more. So now I have to find one online. But when they run out, they are out. I can't use the new design with my Mip 17 mm hex adapers either. So now I'm going to be stuck with trying to figue out what to do!!!

RC Enthusiast
    *Whispers* Tekno
    1/10 Dewalt SUMMIT, Lightly upgraded Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cavylevis View Post
    *Whispers* Tekno
    lol no Tekno's just yet.
    Mip Matt just emailed back and said to send in the mip 17 mm hex adapters and they would modify them to fit the newly designed axles! So I'll be sending mine in and swapping the other 3 older axles out for the new ones!

RC Competitor
    I tried to contact Matt for some issues with the new hex design but he hasn't answered me. I see you guys get answer real fast.
    Maybe tekno is the way to go when MIP is making so much more work and expenses to run 17mm adapters?
    How are the Teknos on durability with VXL and 3s? Will they also handle mamba monster with 4s?

RC Champion
    Matt is very busy helping folks out etc. It's not like I email him and he replies lightening fast. Mip is making some better changes in thier products. I run the mamba 2200 and 2 sidewinder 3800's. They can handle the power and have proven peformance. On some larger forums there are lots of pro Mip posts. They have a proven track record... I was discouraged the last couple of weeks but I knew that they would take care of me and I'm sure they will take care of you!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by josruu View Post
    Maybe tekno is the way to go when MIP is making so much more work and expenses to run 17mm adapters?
    How are the Teknos on durability with VXL and 3s? Will they also handle mamba monster with 4s?

The Teknos are completely capable of running the VXL system on 3s, and I will let you know soon about the bigger motors. My buddy is giving up his MIP's for a set of Teknos, and will be running a 2650KV Tekin T8 on 4S with them
    1/10 Dewalt SUMMIT, Lightly upgraded Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    I just recieved my new MIP 17 mm adapters lastnight. They have grubscrews for the redesigned axles. These look like they are going to work out nicely... Just took too long to get them back...

RC Champion

Here's a pic of the new adapter. Notice the hole for the grubscrew? It still has a spot for the old pin style axles too...

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Hey D I just ordered a set of MIPs for my P4de. They should be delivered Monday. Figured i'd give them a shot on that truck. I have the Tekno's & 17mm Hex upgrade on my Sl4sh, they've done a great job so far and love their design too.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore