Thread: Well.....

RC Competitor

Well.....

Under the power of the 11.1 Volt 6S batteries the shaft finally gave out. So since i'm going to upgrade to the summit shafts anything is there anything else i should upgrade since i'm going to be tearing into it? I have to say this is the first "big" thing to break on it so i guess thats a plus that it lasted that long lol.

RC Competitor
    Change or shim the diffs for sure. I'm running xxl diffs and they are awesome so far.

RC Competitor
    Also what stand is that? I need one for my revo. I'm currently using a box of peaches

RC Qualifier
    Chassis brace mod
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by pedal2themedal822 View Post
    Also what stand is that? I need one for my revo. I'm currently using a box of peaches
    Duratrax Pit Tech Deluxe Car Stand really nice little stand and it breaks down so you can fit it in a case or something like that to move it around.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by pedal2themedal822 View Post
    Change or shim the diffs for sure. I'm running xxl diffs and they are awesome so far.
    is there a write up on shimming diffs? I though i had seen one someplace. Also what are the XXL diffs your using? Link to where they can be had would be cool too.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by OnebadTMAXX3.3 View Post
    Chassis brace mod
    Link to this? I have actually not heard of this one yet?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MTXThunder9500 View Post
    is there a write up on shimming diffs? I though i had seen one someplace. Also what are the XXL diffs your using? Link to where they can be had would be cool too.
    Just search eBay for the diffs, they are losi diffs and can be called aftershock, xxl, lst2 and one other I can't think of the name of. Here is a link to one of the write ups. http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post3868456

That one shows it upgraded to summit axles which are ok, but if u want ultimate strength you would need to throw some xxl axles under it as well. There is a ton of info around on this, but it's all a little confusing to be honest with you so if you need any help just give me a shout!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Link to this? I have actually not heard of this one yet?
    use one of the push rod,
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

Would you go flip my truck back over??

Yip, I remember those days. I replaced mine with summit axles and running 6s. They seem to be holding up well to 6s.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    use one of the push rod,
    Is ther an alternative way to do this with out use of a block of aluminum and a mill?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    you dont really need a block of aluminum then mill it, he's just showing you how his way of doing it, not all of us have the machine to mill, lol. i did mine with a thicker aluminum plate then cut it to its size and drill 3 holes, 2 for the shock bolt, 1 for push rod.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Champion
    And i did my brace mod with the tekno sway bar and a 102mm x 4mm lundsford pushrod.
    Its All relative to your perspective.

RC Qualifier
    Could use a old road sign

ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Competitor
    Well all the parts are ordered should be back up and running soon. I was a little depressed that the local hobby shop didnt have anything that i needed they had new shafts for the revo but not summit ones let alone all the items needed to make the connections.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewers74 View Post
    Could use a old road sign

About how many MM thick is it? I was thinking of using a small piece of carbon fiber for the mod. Also what size of screws do you use to secure it at each end? Front and rear of the car.

RC Champion
    About how many MM thick is it? I was thinking of using a small piece of carbon fiber for the mod. Also what size of screws do you use to secure it at each end? Front and rear of the car.
    If you want slop free then 1) Pop out the ball from the rod end 2) Press a blue pushrod spacer into the rod end 3) Use a 4mm screw

The rear should fit about a 4x30 without going through the chassis.
    Its All relative to your perspective.

RC Competitor
    I don't quite get what you mean with this mod? What slop are u referring to?

RC Qualifier
    The piviot balls create slop fast because the move around so much as they are designed to do.The push rod spacer wont move that's a excellent suggestion!Oh and I have no ideal the thickness of a stop sign...plenty thick tho works great and cheap.
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Qualifier
    Just don't get caught "borrowing" the stop sign?!?!?!?! If you do this mod can get real expensive real fast. LOL
    SUMMIT, SUMVO, ERBE, EMAXX & REVO 3.3

RC Qualifier
    Something I'm in the process of experimenting with using…….I’ve started this just not completed.

The aluminum (blue anodized) brace that you find in both the front and rear; it’s called the Bulkhead Tie Bar (part # 5323). The front has a center hole in it, so cut the mid section out and drill two new holes for the shock mount assembly you should in theory have a bracket with very little effort.

Again, this is all preliminary. I’ll try to get it finished over the weekend and take a couple pic’s. We’ll see.
    SUMMIT, SUMVO, ERBE, EMAXX & REVO 3.3

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep800 View Post
    Something I'm in the process of experimenting with using…….I’ve started this just not completed.

The aluminum (blue anodized) brace that you find in both the front and rear; it’s called the Bulkhead Tie Bar (part # 5323). The front has a center hole in it, so cut the mid section out and drill two new holes for the shock mount assembly you should in theory have a bracket with very little effort.

Again, this is all preliminary. I’ll try to get it finished over the weekend and take a couple pic’s. We’ll see.
    Keep me posted on this i'm curious how this turns out for you. I may just try this if it works for you.