RC Qualifier

Building a Rustler

I purchased a RTR Rustler VXL about 5 years ago and got pretty into it, but lack of funds pretty much forced me out of the hobby. A few weeks ago I went and got the Rusty out and was going to sell it, but I couldn't bring myself to do so...So, naturally, I decided I wanted to build a new one pretty much from the ground up, and use my old Rusty for replacement parts.

I went ahead and ordered a stock chassis from lumidave on ebay, as well as all of the screws and tools I'll need to assemble the Rustler. I really don't like the color of the stock chassis, but the ebay chassis was cheap and it came with the lower chassis, upper chassis, bulkhead, front and rear shocktower and the ESC mount. I figured that was the best deal I was going to get, so I ordered it, then proceeded to dye it dark blue, and it turned out looking really well. Much better looking than the stock chassis, in my opinion.

I've also ordered blue RPM Slash rear A-Arms. I want to keep everything plastic for now, and when I need to replace parts maybe upgrade to aluminum parts. My next order will include front A-Arms and a blue RPM bumper. Looking to build this over a decent length of time, just to spread out the cost of everything.

Any advice for brands/parts to order? I'm considering keeping the stock shock towers at least for now, they seem pretty nice and stable.
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    pics or it never happened j/k

If you are going to bash it you can do no wrong with RPM parts. They flex a lot but are darn near indestructible.

RC Qualifier
    pics or it never happened j/k

Haha all I've got so far. I placed the ESC high voltage/low voltage sticker back on because for some reason I like it.
    Rustler VXL