RC Racer

Exclamation your race prefferences and advice!

OK this is a thread for anybody who wants to share what they think is the best setup for there track i dont want to hear the "there is no best setup" because there is. the best is what you like.
    i would like you guys to include the following information. and i am not just asking for racers you bashers should share what you guys think is the best for handling that offroad terrain since we all know you guys go after durablity.
    include everything in the suspension from shock mounts to the carriers
    also electronics from battery to transmitter and reciever and anything else electronic.
    tires and wheels and drivetrain
    and anything else you think is important.
    also so we know what your setup is used on tell us the track conditions or terrain you ride. all the way from a carpet offroad track to a big rockey hill side. i would love to know this information and im sure many many other new mini revo people would love it as well as you guys that have been in for a while.
    thanks in advance for you guys. i hope this thread gets big cause i would love to see all the different setups.

because there aren't already 100 threads with the best setup in the title......

RC Enthusiast
    but, is there a thread where the users each post their favorite setups for whichever track surface? Like a setup directory of sorts? That would be interesting.
    RB5 SP2, T4.1, MERV

RC Racer
    yes thats what i would like to hear. what is the setup you run on what track surface.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    because there aren't already 100 threads with the best setup in the title......
    whatever happened to if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything!

Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    it went the way of removing the silver spoon from one's mouth and hitting the search button

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    I agree with 50.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    whatever happened to removing the silver spoon from your mouth and hitting the search button?
    If a thread is not to your liking then just move on. No need to show such a negative attitude. If we followed your example this would be a very hostile place with very little traffic to keep things interesting.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    If a thread is not to your liking then just move on. No need to show such a negative attitude. If we followed your example this would be a very hostile place with very little traffic to keep things interesting.
    +1 I agree

RC Racer
    Ok guys jimbo i understand what you mean by there are many threads like this but they don't give all of the info i would like to hear and i asked for certain info that i cant always find. and guys could you please give me a setup cause i don't want this to be about how nice or mean someone is. im sure we have all had our fair share of being mean. so lets see setups for some terrain.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i do a lot of jumps and terrain a little rough for the merv . so i went with exotek shocks with 100wt oil .they have pretty stiff springs but try to allow some sag in the suspension .
    works good with some dirt hawgs i also run proline holeshot soft compound tires

. i went with traxxas aluminum toe links and pushrods and gh rockers and carriers to reduce any flex and of course rpm arms all around.
    i have aluminum skid plates front ,mid and back and a dp brace up front and recently added a t bone setup because i got a good deal on one
    Last edited by 50togo; 07-09-2012 at 10:24 AM.

My MERV has only seen the track once or twice I use it almost exclusively in my front yard and parking lot. Running Dirt Hawgs on Traxxas dish rims, black springs front and rear with 80 weight shock oil. Pre load is set so suspension arms sit level with the ground. 50k diff fluid in front diff, 30k in the rear. Camber set to 0 front and rear with 2 total toe in on rear and 1 toe out per wheel on the front.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Ace hardware springs

RC Racer
    what kind of spring rate are those ace hardware springs? and dadx2mj i have read that not many people like the dish wheels how do you like them? and do they make the merv any wider then stock? and 50togo how do you like the aluminum rockers? i was thinking about getting the hr adjustable ones and do you think those would help lower the merv if i got the exotek shocks?

RC Qualifier
    @jimbo - I'm curious about the Ace hardware springs too!
    Merv: Neu, MMP

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by chilidillo View Post
    @jimbo - I'm curious about the Ace hardware springs too!
    take a spring with you to ace hardware. find the spring section, compare, and decide. soft or hard. if there to long, cut them. everytime im at ace hardware i look at the springs, but i keep forgetting the revo spring for comparison.

i did it once cause i lost a spring, and needed to drive that day. they do work.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.