RC poster

5000 mah battery question.

So I'm new to running rcs. I got a 2wd stampede. I been using a 3300MAH 7 cell battery with a 16 pin / 86 spur set up. Now when I upgraded to a 5000 battery yes I gained speed but I lost time on battery life. I ran around 5 times and average about 26.45 minutes battery life. Is this normal or could something be wrong?

i would say normal for nimh packs.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC poster
    I asked cuz my 3300 pack would last up to about 40 minutes. So my next question would be what could I get that last longer. I mostly run dirt/ gravel and short grass

move up to lipo, lipo lasts alot longer than nimh even at the same MAH value because they dont drop under stress, just get the right lipo for your truck/car ok with the proper amp output capable. post a thread in the forum you have a traxxas rc and ask or search for the right lipo for your needs. traxxsa has lipos now that have a great warranty maybe a little more money to start but if you can afford it go for it worth it.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

I agree with mike. There's really no comparison and lipos are lighter than nimhs so you don't have all that weight.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

I agree with mike. There's really no comparison and lipos are lighter than nimhs so you don't have all that weight.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...