Thread: Fail!

RC Qualifier

Fail!

I have tried and tried to get both ends of the DTS and my funny car linked up all at once (you know, so you can actually use it) and so far have gotten no where!! Every time I think I have it, it drops the finish line. In my opinion this is way too complicated. Is there a secret hand shake I need to know?? What gives? Utterly frustrated right now. I'm going to walk away from this before I lose it and break something. I would be willing to bet that NOBODY is having any luck with this thing.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the system. It certainly can be frustrating and a little time away from it cannot hurt anything. Give us a call when you can go through it with us. We should be able to get you going.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, I finally got mine working. My process is as follows.

1. Turn on TX
    2. Turn on Starting line
    3. Hold Set on SL until it beeps twice.
    4. Turn on Finish line
    5. Turn on Funny car.
    6. Place TX in "link mode" and link with FC.

After all this it works. Occasionally it kinda locks up and I have to do it all over to get it to restart. Don't know why but usually it works pretty well when I follow this method.

RC Racer
    hey Stench thanks for reporting back to us
    and posting what you did

RC Enthusiast
    1. If you turn the start and finish line on. They will auto link to each other.
    2. Turn on TX. Hit Connect in the Link program on Idevice and select the TQi in link mode
    3. Press and hold the start button until you hear two beeps
    4. Back to the TX Hit Connect in the Link program on Idevice and select the TQi in link mode
    5 turn on car RX
    6. Enjoy

RC Enthusiast
    I had the same problem ,what i did was just buy a 2 channel tqi transmitter on ebay for 20 bucks, theye are not hard to find,check my posted instructions to get it upiand running very quick !
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStenchOfSpeed View Post
    I have tried and tried to get both ends of the DTS and my funny car linked up all at once (you know, so you can actually use it) and so far have gotten no where!! Every time I think I have it, it drops the finish line. In my opinion this is way too complicated. Is there a secret hand shake I need to know?? What gives? Utterly frustrated right now. I'm going to walk away from this before I lose it and break something. I would be willing to bet that NOBODY is having any luck with this thing.