RC Competitor

MMM 2200/2400kv in slash 4x4?

I have a e revo in my basement just collecting dust, mainly because every time I run it it breaks....

How would it be to swap my VXL combo from my slash 4x4 with the mamba combo? I think it's the 2400kv motor, it says 60 000 rpm max on the back of it.
    Will this be stronger and faster than my VXL combo? I have 6 3s lipo and I really don't wanna use a lot of money on new 4s batteries... Or should I just stick with the VXL for bashing?

It gets really hot when bashing and I'm juking stock gearing and 1/8 buggy wheels. App 90-100mm tall.

What would you guys do? Mainly bashing but sometimes on a track with "fake" grass, don't know the correct word for it in English...

RC Qualifier
    If you put that in your slash you will want to upgrade the motor mount to alum and the bearing adapter to alum. The stock shafts will probably hold for a while on 3s but if you decide to go 4s and up you will want to get mip or tekno axles. If you have a delicate throttle finger it won't be a problem but most people don't when bashing.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You will be happy with the performance of the MMM-2200 on your slash, plenty of power,and it will run cool all the time. 3s is plenty, you would want to upgrade the driveshafts, and I recommend aluminum hexes too.

RC Competitor
    I have MIP axles in the rear and the alu motor mount. Going to get the alu bearing adapter too because the stock plastic one is worn out. Only going to run 3s since that's what I have. I read that most people who upgrade to MMM use a bigger pinion, like 18 or something? Will it be slower than the VXL with MMM and stock gearing?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It can be slower in comparison with the velineon using the same gearing and same voltage, but you can go with a higher pinion 18,19, without issues.

RC Competitor
    If Im going to use it in my slash Im going to use a 18 or 19 pinion yes. I dont really need more speed but I recon it will be alot stronger with the MMM? Really dont need that either tho...

RC Competitor
    I have bought a 18t pinion for the mamba motor now, but I broke a MIP axle so I have to wait til I get spare parts before I try the mamba. Dont think the stock axles will appreciate the power

I have also bought big bore shocks for the rear and got a pair of Jato 3.3 shocks I us ein the front. Way better damping in the front with jato shocks than with the big bores. I belive the car will be alot heavier with the mamba motor in so I probably have to stiffen it up really good in the back?
    And what have you guys done with the ESC? Have you moved the receiver box up front to give the MM ESC enough room?
    Please post a pic if you have and how you have done itAppreciate it

And last one for now, does the MM motor fit directly to the stock motor plate or do I have to make something to fit it on?

RC Qualifier
    Mine went on with no problems.

RC Competitor
    Sounds good As soon as I get a new CVD ill try it