RC Racer

Wink you go to 100mph but as an engine ?

hi

I want to make the speed 'of 100mph with my erevo VXL.

which kit is suitable for brushless 100mph?

thanks

you arent going to make the speed of 100mph in a mini revo.....

get over it.....

if you want 100 mph, get an xo-1..... it is already apparent you know that it does 100mph.....

RC Qualifier
    i can not believe you take this question serieus Jimbo74

Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    Well you can do 100 with a MERV. You just need the quadro-power brushless system with turboshifter 3-speed transmission, with liquid CO2 cooling and prototype carbon nanotube 10s 15,000 mAh LiPos from NASA. That of course only gets you to 90 mph, but the RPM skidplates add another 10 mph to bring you to 100.

RC Qualifier
    Didnt you want to make a killer rustler a while ago? I think you are to fixated with the number "100". If you start to build you will see that even a fully tricked out RC may not go as fast as you thought, or faster, it depends on many factors.

My tip to you, what ever rc you get, rustler, merv, etc is to build it the proper way first and have realistic goals. This will be cheaper and much less hassle in the end. A realistic speed for the merv with BB conversion is around 60 mph. 65-70 mph is on the edge because the merv is hard to controll with its short wheelbase.

Have you even looked in the xo1 forums? Handfull of peopole have a hard time reaching 100 mph even though the xo1 is built for that kind of speed from the factory.

As i have said before, people get over hyped of all these 100 mph videos on youtube, but honestly some videos can really be questioned regarding their accuracy. Not to mention the absurd cost and un-functionality of these over modified vehicles.

You obviously have the funds to make a killer build, but take time and make it the right way.

If you want speed and stability at higher speeds than 60 mph, then the merv is not for you. How ever if you want a killer fast rc that is small enough to carry around in a bag, then the merv is perfect.
    Last edited by ttThree; 07-07-2012 at 09:56 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ttThree View Post
    Didnt you want to make a killer rustler a while ago? I think you are to fixated with the number "100". If you start to build you will see that even a fully tricked out RC may not go as fast as you thought, or faster, it depends on many factors.

My tip to you, what ever rc you get, rustler, merv, etc is to build it the proper way first and have realistic goals. This will be cheaper and much less hassle in the end. A realistic speed for the merv with BB conversion is around 60 mph. 65-70 mph is on the edge because the merv is hard to controll with its short wheelbase.

Have you even looked in the xo1 forums? Handfull of peopole have a hard time reaching 100 mph even though the xo1 is built for that kind of speed from the factory.

As i have said before, people get over hyped of all these 100 mph videos on youtube, but honestly some videos can really be questioned regarding their accuracy. Not to mention the absurd cost and un-functionality of these over modified vehicles.

You obviously have the funds to make a killer build, but take time and make it the right way.

If you want speed and stability at higher speeds than 60 mph, then the merv is not for you. How ever if you want a killer fast rc that is small enough to carry around in a bag, then the merv is perfect.
    two thumbs up! for ttThree
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That is true and you need a long perfect stretch of road.
    I got my merv with my neu up to 65 but ran out of room,only hit full throttle for 2 seconds. Second run near the end of the run I hit a small ripple (walked the course must of missed it)doing 65 car stood up on one wheel. The merv is too light and has a short wheel base but it's fun trying!

And yes foams all around,lowered 100 wt oil with sway bars and drift gyro. Hit it too hard too fast front end would still come up
    that's where a longer stretch will come in handy .roll on the throttle and before you know it your out of room!
    Last edited by 50togo; 07-07-2012 at 11:23 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Throttle controll 50togo throttle controll

Xtreme has no limiits

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo_cat1 View Post
    Well you can do 100 with a MERV. You just need the quadro-power brushless system with turboshifter 3-speed transmission, with liquid CO2 cooling and prototype carbon nanotube 10s 15,000 mAh LiPos from NASA. That of course only gets you to 90 mph, but the RPM skidplates add another 10 mph to bring you to 100.
    Hahaha. two thumbs up
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossie View Post
    Throttle controll 50togo throttle controll

Not even close to 65.

RC Qualifier
    Im not sure that video is showing a 65 mph merv either....where did Mossie say that?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ttThree View Post
    Im not sure that video is showing a 65 mph merv either....where did Mossie say that?
    He was telling 50 about throttle control @ high speeds, I was just pointing out that 50 was doin 65, so its apples/oranges. He didnt say it was 65.

RC Qualifier
    two thumbs up and .................
    Last edited by Mossie; 07-07-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    Xtreme has no limiits