Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    yeah, night time here gets low too, lol. to be honest, i've only run this boat twice and one of the run is on my youtube video, running on 4s sure dont take that long do drain all the juice of your lipo batts, i get a good 15mins with some cruising and all out run. a trailer would be nice to have to give it a scale look lol, djmaincheese have quite collection with boats and loving his trailer build too, i wish he can build me one to get away with the hassle, lol.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Qualifier
    wow...that boat is freaking awesome...u need to make a video of it floating thru the water...

Quote Originally Posted by IvVaum View Post
    wow...that boat is freaking awesome...u need to make a video of it floating thru the water...
    i have run it once or twice LOL. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk2hX...&feature=g-upl

alright, my revo platinum body is on its way here at my house and i'm not even ready or decide what im going to paint or design in it. i know i like blue color to start off with but, i dont want to just paint it plain blue. guys got any suggestions on how i'm going to trick out this body?

man peppie even with 2/2s wow
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    it must feel real good to know that u own that pond...kudos bud...

need to build a water ramp and do some aerials...ha ha...

bash that thing bud...hahahaha...

i finally recieve my platinum body today. i'm going to paint it blue with white stripe alittle bit off centered.

have a chance to run it today too.... wheelie time
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN-xi...&feature=g-upl

then i got this bug landed on my windsheild while i was eating in-and-out burger LOL

i also recieve my tranny output shaft, this shaft will be able to install the rest of my RR metal gear. what stumble me was that the TRX FOC was different gear sizes than the RR gear.....take a look for yourself.....that TRX FOC came out of slayer...but if i recall...... when i bought a FOC for my T-MAXX with lightened output shaft.....the FOC gear were the same as the slayer does. what i'm missing here?

RC Qualifier
    Wow, That looks good. I for sure want to do that to my tranny aswell. Are all of your tranny gears metal? How much dose it cost to upgrade to the metal gears? Your new body looks great too, I like the shape. I would never buy an unpainted body though. lol I like your rims too. I will have to get the red ones.
    Last edited by JohnnyT1992; 10-07-2012 at 10:50 AM.

i got the whole set from ebay for $79 + shipping. I thought its cheaper buying the whole set, one gear cost $30'ish a piece.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Robinson-Rac...item5ae9ec6cf7

alright guys, update with the RR tranny gears.... on the video i posted above "REVO-E wheelie time" it doesnt have the full RR gears yet. just a few minutes ago i test run it down the street with full RR gears in..... geared 14t/38t and if i have to guess its speed its probably around 40ish MPH and its sure is alot slower than with the slayer FOC in it before and thats all due to the differences with this two gears (RR 28t/28t even while the plastic are 23t/33t) i said slayer cause thats what my FOC came out of.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 10-07-2012 at 09:20 PM.

not really thinking about it the first time, but yea that would really throw off you gearing...hummmm

i guess i can put my 20t pinion and see what speed i get out of it. is it just me or the phaltline tires wear out easily. i have 4 run total and i put it away......... maybe because i drift it here and there LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    i guess i can put my 20t pinion and see what speed i get out of it. is it just me or the phaltline tires wear out easily. i have 4 run total and i put it away......... maybe because i drift it here and there LOL.
    I've heard quite a few people complain of that. I run road rage 3.8s and they wear out too (on 6s)...never had phat lines so can't compare. I think running on asphalt and not smooth concrete is the problem, IMO .
    Rock n Rolla !

i'm afraid to try 6s for now. maybe if traxxas come up with an even beefier diff that no mods needed then i go ahead buy the 6s

got my platinum body painted today.....here are some of the pics.

I like the colour mate...
    Rock n Rolla !

thanks mate, its been a long time since i painted a body..the last time i painted one was back in '99.....it was a dodge pick-up truck quad cab painted yellow lol.

smooooth like BUTTER.....

to bad they dont stay as butter smooth like this once i take it out for a run.

RC Qualifier
    soooo purdy...i've never painted a body before...can u use automotive paint?...cos i have a few cans at the shop...

can u post pics of the tools u used and a list?

IvVaum are you talking about the Body prepping tool?......i did'nt... it come pre-cut, all you have to do is paint it and NO you cant use does automotive can paint......it has to be the kind of paint only for lexan plastic.

RC Qualifier
    That is veary nice.

thanks Johnny, and i have those screws and bushing ready to be mail for you.

RC Qualifier
    ummm...so...did u have to mask it off?...or does it come with pre-mask tape?...did u have to do multiple layers?...and automotive paint won't stick?...did u need to add a clear coat?....sorry...the only painting experience i have is with automobiles that are 1:1 scale. Has anyone ever tried to use auto paint?

IvVaum are you talking about the Body prepping tool?......i did'nt... it come pre-cut, all you have to do is paint it and NO you cant use does automotive can paint......it has to be the kind of paint only for lexan plastic.

it came with window mask and stickers. you have to stick the window mask yourself from the inside but, first wash the body with soap and water then let it dry itself....after its dry you can add some design to it if you want to then spray paint it. i did one layer first...then wait for few mins then add another coat or until its fully covered evenly. no need for a clear coat but, i prefer coating it over with a dark color if you paint it with 2 or 3 color of paint.
    once your done painting you can peel off the clear skin plastic that cover the outside of the body then apply the stickers.

auto paint dont last long and if you use it they crack and peel off....once its dry all it take is a few crashes with the body and paint start to peel off, leaving you some clear spots.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 10-08-2012 at 11:52 PM.

RC Qualifier
    oh i c...so the paint that u get...it comes in a can...all premixed?...and u don't have to use an airbrush?...if u make a mistake...can u just wipe it off with like alcohol? or paint thinner?

yep can spray....no airbrush, dont know how some do it with airbrush but it can be done... paint thinner works for erasing mistake.

here are some more pics with onroad tires on,

i went ahead and test run my freshly painted platinum body. it feels more stable than the revo 3.3 truck body. i guess different design of body do have different characteristic in terms of high speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g7Sa...ature=youtu.be

Nice one mate...
    Rock n Rolla !

thanks mate, i love how you bash your truck too...impressive air!!!! you sure do know how to bash hard that truck

thanks mate, i love how you bash your truck too...impressive air!!!! you sure do know how to bash hard that truck
    I appreciate that mate...I have a series of videos I am going to post soon of what I put these Losi Diffs through to see if the hype around them was true .

That body does look good on your truck mate .

I find with 6s and heavy acceleration it is hard to keep my truck straight no matter how much I fine tune the camber and toe.

At the moment I am running 2 toe in and -2 1/2 camber on the rear and 1 toe out and -2 camber in the front. I had my camber at -3 all round but found it was putting some hectic wear on my tyres.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Enthusiast
    Humay, did you modify that r/x box to fit in the truck or did you just drop it in?

no, that RX box came out of spartan and i bridge the chassis with aluminum plate...drill hole both side then bolt/nut to the exsisting hole in the chassis....the rx box is held by a double sided tape.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks, Its amazing the amount of mods you have done to get things to work on your truck.

Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    I find with 6s and heavy acceleration it is hard to keep my truck straight no matter how much I fine tune the camber and toe. At the moment I am running 2 toe in and -2 1/2 camber on the rear and 1 toe out and -2 camber in the front. I had my camber at -3 all round but found it was putting some hectic wear on my tyres.
    6s got some serious power mate and i dont think i'm ready for it now maybe i'll try 5s just to keep my driverline in one piece lol.
    not sure what my camber/toe measurement is..... i just go by eyeballing it hahahahaha...... suprisingly it works for me cause its going straight line.

Quote Originally Posted by F1fan View Post
    Thanks, Its amazing the amount of mods you have done to get things to work on your truck.
    its my one and only truck now..... so i put alot of my time modding it....what ever comes up in my mind i try to make it work hahahha.

6s got some serious power mate and i dont think i'm ready for it now maybe i'll try 5s just to keep my driverline in one piece lol.
    not sure what my camber/toe measurement is..... i just go by eyeballing it hahahahaha...... suprisingly it works for me cause its going straight line.
    For sure mate...mine goes straight until the first cartwheel...hahaha, then trying to realign. All part of the fun.
    Rock n Rolla !

i remember when i have the plastic chassis and i cartwheel it few time.....its was never the same as it was before it happen..... everytime i gun it from stand still it tend to go hard left, like i get more traction from the right side so it goes left.
    i never diagnos the problem so i got rid of it.