Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    wait, are you saying that the pitch of the input gear did'nt match the rest of the internal gear? internal tranny gears are mod one or 24 pitch and i would assume that since RR made this input gear for revo that they should match? to my understanding that if your second gear has 38t and to mesh it right, you have to get the 18t input gear.
    I'm saying the tooth shape is different, as if RR and Traxxas use different pressure angles.

After running in the tranny on a work bench, things improved some, but it is no where near as butter smooth as with all traxxas plastic gears.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    thanks dude
    my diffs are from E-REVOs and yes the tranny are lock on 2nd gear. i bought my MMM off EBAY chop shop, at that time it was $275 shipped. this thing is awesome to drive, handles good, wheelies on demand.
    heres a pic of 2nd gear lock-out

Quote Originally Posted by rc driver dude View Post
    Awesome build! I have a 3.3 and was thinking about converting it, but was worried about the price. You did a great job customizing everything to fit.
    A few questions
    Are those the nitro diffs? Did you lock the transmission in one gear? Where did you get the esc and motor from and how much were they? Also last thing, how does it drive?

Thanks
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

i find it more rigid than the plastic. when i pop whellies on the plastic chassis it twist and rock back and forth, this chassis is pretty solid i dont see any movement. you can do carbon fiber chassis except you cant mess around with it unless you really want to,(what i'm saying is that its too expensive to mess with it, lol). yes you can do carbon chassis + conversion (tekno)and be done with it.

i have pretty much all the stuff that i needed to complete the build, all i did was transfer my MMM system to the assembled REVO chassis and oohh i did buy the electric motor mount $25 and summit suspension $12 + shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by IvVaum View Post
    wow...is the chassis of the revo better than that plastic e-revo?...was thinking about that a carbon fiber chassis...and a conversion kit...and then transfer all the stuff on my e-revo over to the new chassis...what do u guys think?...i just want a stronger body than the plastic it has now...

how much did the parts cost u?...just want to get an idea of how much this is going to set me back...

RC Qualifier
    i'm debating whether i should buy the revo chassis and tekno conversion kit...or...if i should go with the kershaw body...what do u think?

well with KD you get what you paid for. i'm doing this for experimenting and trying something different so that i have something to tell, lol. so far its holding up pretty good

RC Qualifier
    u know...if u want to try something different...and believe me...i'm seriously thinking of it...get a carbon fiber molding kit...make a mold of the e-revo body...per se something like this...

http://youtu.be/VodfQcrXpxc

and once u perfect it...u can churn out carbon fiber chassis left and right...perhaps much easier than milling out aluminum?...i dunno...but dang it...i really really want to try it...(just not enough time)

RC Racer
    i'm debating whether i should buy the revo chassis and tekno conversion kit...or...if i should go with the kershaw body...what do u think?
    I have a Tenko kit. It's a clean installation and I really like the motor mount, but I don't like how far the battery sits. The battery tray is also quite shallow. The kit also places an aluminum monut high on the tranny case. A 150A ESC is not the lightest component in the world. so basically, I'm not happy with their weight distribution. On the new build I just finished on another truck, I used an SCTE battery tray. With minor modifications to the chassis and tray, it fits great. The battery is much further forward and it provides a place for the ESC. I will have pics of this build soon.

OK, got my truck running again gear at 14t/38t and still cant open the throttle wide without lifting my front end up in the air, even though that i move the battery forward. so i lower the pinion back to 13t and i can open the throttle all the way but its a bit scarry and i think its due to my tires balloning up bad, i need a street tires for this speed run LOL. its funny cause when i have my ERBE chassis before, i can open the throttle all the way and not have to worry about lifting the front end up in the air (sure the tires are balloning but still controllable) and thats with the same tires and the same lipo batts but the gearing is different i have 20t/40t the (same mod one by the way).
    previous set up

present set-up

yey, finally my 4s lipo showed up in my front door, UPS drop it off . what a big difference with its thickness compare to my 2x 2s stack together, its much smaller and a tab bit shorter. here are some pictures,

Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 09-05-2012 at 07:58 PM.

let me know how they work^ been looking (genace) for a set of 2/4s for my 5ive.....
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

i sure will. this is what i was going to buy but at that moment they're out of stock and i look at it again today and all of the sudden they have it in stock. i kinda like the hard case though but ohh well.
    http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-40c-50...se-direct.html

that what I was looking at...
    I am good either way, but I would rather not have a hard case...
    Last edited by 87 GN; 09-05-2012 at 10:13 PM.

they have the 5000mah and 5300mah soft case, but it looks like nobody have post a reviews about it yet. http://www.hobbypartz.com/gensace60c4s.html

60c......

my last and final set-up i can't think of anything else to do with it, LOL.

heres the video running for the first time on single 4s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO3Yq...&feature=g-upl
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 09-07-2012 at 08:15 PM.

looking & sounding good...
    but where is the body, take'n a chance

RC Qualifier
    quick question for u...can u push or roll your revo-e without it binding up or clicking or stuttering...

i haven't powered mine up yet...but it doesn't roll smoothly when i push on it...the transmission seems to be binding and locking up...is this normal?...

my erbe doesn't do this...i wonder if it's the metal gears that's in the tranny...well i know it's the metal gears in the tranny cos the noise is coming from the tranny not the spur gear...just wondering if this is normal...

RC Racer
    quick question for u...can u push or roll your revo-e without it binding up or clicking or stuttering...

i haven't powered mine up yet...but it doesn't roll smoothly when i push on it...the transmission seems to be binding and locking up...is this normal?...

my erbe doesn't do this...i wonder if it's the metal gears that's in the tranny...well i know it's the metal gears in the tranny cos the noise is coming from the tranny not the spur gear...just wondering if this is normal...
    It's not rolling smooth because of the magnets in the mamba motor.

RC Racer
    Humayra hows your tranny holding up?Mine seems to be doing better.I lossened my slipper up and turned my braking power down seems to be ok.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrider998 View Post
    It's not rolling smooth because of the magnets in the mamba motor.
    oh really?...so that is normal and not some sort of binding?...i'm surprise it does that...it's a brushless motor...aren't those things suppose to be smooth?...my velineon and ********* motor doesn't do that...that's weird.

RC Racer
    yes it's normal.If you take the motor and spin the shaft you can feel the resistance.

its totally normal your motor have so much resistance that when you roll it, it stutter, specially that the motor is 4 pole, those magnet are super strong that you can hardly spin the shaft with your hand, i agree with slowrider998

Quote Originally Posted by slowrider998 View Post
    Humayra hows your tranny holding up?Mine seems to be doing better.I lossened my slipper up and turned my braking power down seems to be ok.
    its actually holding up pretty good man, yes i did the same loosened the slipper clutch too, i have the HD slipper clutch and once its warm up it just grab at any throttle i put it on. i change my 3 roundheaded screws thats holding the 2nd gear lockout to a flathead screws and flush it evenly with the aluminum clutch.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 09-14-2012 at 07:35 PM.

most if not all the brushless motors have some good resistance i know my hobbywing xerun does. i tried it today and checked that again and there was resistance there before i ran mine.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Racer
    its actually holding up pretty good man, yes i did the same loosened the slipper clutch too, i have the HD slipper clutch and once its warm up it just grab at any throttle i put it on. i change my 3 roundheaded screws thats holding the 2nd gear lockout to a flathead screws and flush it evenly with the aluminum clutch.
    Great glad to hear the trannny mods are holding up to brushless power.I went with 2 allen cap screws then threaded the plastic hole.Epoxied the cetrifical clutch open.
    Your build came out awesome man !!
    Ive done the same but used most of the techno kit.So thankyou for posting your build with pics!
    Cheers man
    Last edited by slowrider998; 09-14-2012 at 09:12 PM.

my wheelie bar came in the mail along with the wing, still waiting for my black blast wheels/phaltline tires<---its not preglued by the way, and extended rear a-arms. i'm also going to order a PL slipstream to complete it.

RC Qualifier
    thanks for the confirmation guys...i appreciate all your responses...glad there's nothing wrong with my newly purchased car...still waiting for a receiver so that i can run it...may just pull the receiver from my merv to test out this thing...

your welcome IvVaum, you bought something thats worth every penny, for sure.

i recieve some more part today, my hpi blast wheels and extended rear a-arms, installed it in no time and wow its about the same as my summit wheelbase now. take a look:
    with extended on

with the stock on

P2 rockers on with no issue rubbing with the axles

and my blast wheels with the extended a-arms on top

still waiting for the phaltline tires

few more pix with my summit

Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 09-16-2012 at 12:05 AM.

well guys, today i shread my input gear for the second time and so i dig deep into my pocket and order this http://www.ebay.com/itm/RRP-8007-Ste...item4d04738c89. anyone have this on there revo trans and what are your thoughts? thanks.

RC Qualifier
    Pick up some good gear grease for those. They're going to be very loud unless greased heavily.

My concern with that is cracking the tranny casing or exploding your differentials. I'd personally use a plastic spur to help keep the breaking point cheap.

definately stay with plastic spur, i dont bash this truck, its more of a speed runner and i think the stock plastic gear inside develop so much heat and stress from going to fast that it shread into pieces.

RC Racer
    well guys, today i shread my input gear for the second time and so i dig deep into my pocket and order this http://www.ebay.com/itm/RRP-8007-Ste...item4d04738c89. anyone have this on there revo trans and what are your thoughts? thanks.
    I have one that i locked into second.Ive only run it a couple times easy seemed like a lot of stress on the slipper.

i have a traxxas HD slipper clutch on right now. i might just use the RR 2nd gear and the input top gear.

RC Racer
    Seemed to have a bit moe snap with the lighter plastic gears.Alot less wheelie prone running the rr gears.Front wheels bite in better too.

RC Competitor
    I'm new to all of this and this may sound stupid. But why must you lock it into 2nd. I am ignorant plz help me not be.

first gear is too much torque to begin with and that you end up fixing it more than playing with it. locking it on 2nd gear tame it abit and more controllable.

RC Racer
    Keep us posted on how the rr gear/plastic gear combo goes.Thanks

sure will, once i recieve it thru the mail, then install it and with plenty of test run

since i'm still waiting for my RR tranny gears and tires i decided to mock up my wheels and take couple of pictures.

i've been thinking about eliminating my on/off switch on my MMM ESC. guys got any tips on how to?