Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar

My REVO-E conversion

its been few months past that i transform my REVO 3.3 into a full ERBE. i have bought the e-revo chassis, MMM ESC/2200kv, e-trans, etc... to have what ERBE would look like. then, i swapped the front and rear end out of my revo 3.3. it has been a life changing to own an amazing machine. now, i got the itch to start another e-revo build by using all of my spare parts, but this one i'll be using the aluminum chassis, i have locked the trans to 2nd gear already with the 3 screw method but, i still think that it needs a better way to secure the 3 screws. so, my idea is to machine and mill a aluminum and shape it just like the clutch but with a larger diameter so that i can drill 3 holes for the screw, that way its much secure. i'll be posting some pics as i get things done, but for now this is what i've done so far.

i'm waiting in the mail for my ERBE diffs, drive axles, wing mount/wing, erbe bumpers, and toe links. still needs few more parts to order but this is good for now, i'm trying to build this as low as possible and so far i have spent $60.

just to throw some idea, some of you guys might have done this. this pin seems to break easily, so what i did is i use a screw pin that hold the input shaft gear and so far its been holding up.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

YEA haven't seen a good 3.3 BL conversion in awhile. You know the die hard Nitro guys cringe every time they see one of their own converted....Teheheee
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

well, none of my parts came in the mail today, but i got something done that should help me LCG of my battery by bending that part of the chassis,

and move my tranny few mm forward.

added some more pics of how my batts set before the bend, i dont know how thick a single 4s lipo is but i stack my 2s together just to give an idea, as you can see the top of the trans can only be seen alittle bit here,

then after the bend, trans are more visible,

Can you post a pic from above so I can see how the batteries sit on the chassis? I've never seen one with a chassis like this - I'm relatively new to eRevo's.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

i still need to find a batt tray but, i'll have to wait cause i'm not sure what a single 4s looks like unless stacking my 2s is about the same size.

stacking 2-2s lipos hard case is the same thing just stack the 2s lipos you have and should be the result give or take a few mm depending on the lipo you buy, seen a couple different 4s lipos and they are big and vary slighty in height and lenght. look into the integy i know that name but they do have battery trays that arent metal, alum. they are plastic unless their plastic is cheap too by chance. might be big enough for a 4s lipo. i seen a few on rcplanet while looking for velcro battery straps.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

Interesting build...I like it.
    Rock n Rolla !

Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    Interesting build...I like it.
    thanks craig

little updates, mailman drop off few parts today, I recieved my axles and center axles, 17mm hexes, front bumper mount, and rear wing mount. still waiting for few more things.

that cvd are my option whether i put up front center or rear center.

update. fabricate some aluminum tray to hold my batts in place, still have to cut a slot for the velcro straps.

RC Champion
    looking good. Keep it up!
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

Interesting option for lowering the battery, curious to see how well that holds up. on the front bolt are you running a bolt/nut all the way through?

Whats going on with the pinion on the trans? I keep looking at that thinking to myself, "that aint right!"
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

Quote Originally Posted by minirevobasher View Post
    looking good. Keep it up!
    thanks, minirevobasher.

its one of those idea that pop out of your head, lol. still need to put one more brace though and run it underside of the chassis. i was thinking of doing just one long bolt/nut at first then, i see i have some plastic stand off, so i went and use it and screw them both end, if i do find a aluminum stand off then i'll replace the plastic, this way it will be more stable and i probably dont need to put a second brace underneath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Interesting option for lowering the battery, curious to see how well that holds up. on the front bolt are you running a bolt/nut all the way through?

Whats going on with the pinion on the trans? I keep looking at that thinking to myself, "that aint right!"
    oh, that pinion, just ignore it, lol. but, i have my way of doing tranny 2nd gear lockout. i am replacing the 2nd gear with a 38t mod1 spur gear instead cause they are the same 38t. i have to mill a aluminum adapter to hold the spur inplace along with the main drive gear, atleast this way i eliminate 2 of the bearings that is not needed, so less weight. and for the input gear i'll be replacing the plastic one with a 13t mod1 pinion also. if this mod become successful, then i can go even wider gear combo like 36t/15t for speed run.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 07-15-2012 at 07:42 PM.

heres what my ESC tray looks like. it also act as a rear brace mod,

still have to drill holes.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 07-16-2012 at 08:33 PM.

RC Racer
    Looks good. I just got some parts made from a friend of a friend. I copied Oomp's second gear lockout part!
    Last edited by all_rice; 07-18-2012 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by all_rice View Post
    Looks good. I just got some parts made from a friend of a friend. I copied Oomp's second gear lockout part!
    hey, atleast i'm not the only one here doing it hehehehe. you got any pics of your conversion?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    hey, atleast i'm not the only one here doing it hehehehe. you got any pics of your conversion?
    I'll try get some up tonight. pretty much a 3.3 converted using the tekno kit!

RC Racer
    Here you go.

And the second gear lockout part that A friend made.

RC Enthusiast
    I love my converted E-Revo 3.3

that look nice all rice. where did your friend find that size of solid aluminum for the 2nd gear lock out? i need atleast 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 inch block of solid aluminum.
    Here you go.

And the second gear lockout part that A friend made.

this is what mine looks like as of now, all it need are wheels, motor mount and the BL system. i think i'm going to go over my $300 budget, lol. i have spent $90 and the BL system i'm looking at is $165 plus the wheels/tires $70

RC Racer
    they make parts for ships and stuff. I gave him a pick of Oomp's part and than gave him the clutch and other parts. He did his magic and called me. I'm trying get more made!

both of those conversions look good. have you tried metal shop places humayra? they may be able to sell you what you need. i know we have a steel factory here in the next town over just not sure if they would sell any of that but cant hurt to ask. they always have scrapes they dont use or want for free or cheap.

i might have to look around for some metal shop arond here, lol. i actually have a machining shop on my route and most they do are solid metal. i'll ask them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    both of those conversions look good. have you tried metal shop places humayra? they may be able to sell you what you need. i know we have a steel factory here in the next town over just not sure if they would sell any of that but cant hurt to ask. they always have scrapes they dont use or want for free or cheap.

well thats nice of your friend. is he into this hobby too?
    they make parts for ships and stuff. I gave him a pick of Oomp's part and than gave him the clutch and other parts. He did his magic and called me. I'm trying get more made!

i might have to look around for some metal shop arond here, lol. i actually have a machining shop on my route and most they do are solid metal. i'll ask them.
    they should have something what you need around there, its not too big. I'll keep an eye out sometimes i see metal things like that around stores and thrift shops. does it have to be alum only or can it be metal.

RC Racer
    well thats nice of your friend. is he into this hobby too?
    The guy used to be when rc was expensive. The hobby shops around here suck so he pretty much got out of the hobby. He was into the tmaxx.

before i went to electric i have 4 t-maxx and one of them with twin 3.3 engine then i have a revo 3.3 that i convert it to a full ERBE. then after i have finished the conversion i have bunch of extra parts that just setting in the box, this is why i started this build base with all of my spare parts.
    heres my twin 3.3 t-maxx

on which truck? the body fits perfectly still with couple more new holes for the body mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by rustlersvxl4life View Post
    how you going to fit the body with such a wide chassis?

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Love your conversion man!!! Excellent excellent build. I've also noticed you take good care of your trucks too!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    That thing must've been fun to tune! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Love your conversion man!!! Excellent excellent build. I've also noticed you take good care of your trucks too!
    thanks, i'm just in the proccess of making my own motor mount from a quarter inch thick aluminum, i hope i can get this right, if not i try something different, lol.

That thing must've been fun to tune! LOL
    yeah, its a bit tricky tuning that beast, but when i get it tuned right, it can run all day.

update:
    i put the electronics in and tested it to see how everything are working and i come across to a very strange reaction, my RX/TX are all bind and calibrated to the ESC but, when i have the TX antenna just under the RX box the signal gets cut out (from green light to red light) what causes this to happen?

RC Competitor
    The RX to close to the TX thing is a frequency thing. If there is anyone here that is good at math/physics/programming, they may be able to tell you the correct reason for it happening.
    But from what i've been told it's just the RX being flooded with the wrong frequencies due to the distance,
    kinda like shortening a tuned length MHz areal.
    You should really have the controller about or more than 70cm/2ft away from the RX when you turn them on and during use.

There is a few other things it could be, but seeing as it seems to happen only whilst having it so close, it could be that.
    Or maybe the lower deck of the truck blocking it?

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Deisel View Post
    The RX to close to the TX thing is a frequency thing. If there is anyone here that is good at math/physics/programming, they may be able to tell you the correct reason for it happening.
    But from what i've been told it's just the RX being flooded with the wrong frequencies due to the distance,
    kinda like shortening a tuned length MHz areal.
    You should really have the controller about or more than 70cm/2ft away from the RX when you turn them on and during use.

There is a few other things it could be, but seeing as it seems to happen only whilst having it so close, it could be that.
    Or maybe the lower deck of the truck blocking it?

Hope that helps!
    whatever it is, it only happen when its that close, lol. thanks

took some pics of it today, only missing are my motor mount, battery straps and set of wheels.

mailman was nice to come so early this morning and rop this package off.