RC Competitor

Problem with Ez peak plus

Just got a Ez peak plus 6amp charger today. I tried two different packs and when I went to set them up to charge they read connection break. Any ideas? I have one battery on the stock charger right now. The other was a brand new lipo fresh out the box.

RC Champion
    connection break is a problem with the balance connection, either not plugged in fully, a balance wire has come loose somewhere probably in the housing area. Have a light pull on each baclance wire to see if a wire comes straight off. Soldering back on is tricky.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC Champion
    Also remember to select 'balance' for your charge setting, not just charge.

I have sucessfully re-soldered on a few broken balance wires, sometimes you need to remove some of the outside pack surround, those are some fragile little wires!

RC Competitor
    I should have mentioned the first battery is a nimh battery and I still had the connection issue. Hopefully the charger itself isn't fried

RC Competitor
    Tried everything again I'm pretty sure the charger is dead

RC Champion
    check all the wires from the point that plugs in charger to where the battery plugs into the connector.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC Competitor
    Went to LHS they swapped just the Ez peak with no connectors and it all works perfectly must have been doa

RC Champion
    [QUOTE=kwitty;5227427]Also remember to select 'balance' for your charge setting, not just charge.

even thou i mostly use lipo balance. i have used lipo charge. what is the difference. i still check the status +. and both cells charge accordingly. again i mostly use the lipo balance mode.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Competitor
    [QUOTE=ajcar;5227690]
    Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    Also remember to select 'balance' for your charge setting, not just charge.

even thou i mostly use lipo balance. i have used lipo charge. what is the difference. i still check the status +. and both cells charge accordingly. again i mostly use the lipo balance mode.
    Yes sir balance charging one new lipo as we type and I will charge another when it's done then my nihm after that haha this charger is going to get a work out today!