integy setup station

im not a huge fan of integy, but i think this might be worthwhile for people that want the perfectly tuned vehicle

http://www.thetoyz.com/Traxxas/Mini-.../Integy/15673/

$99.99 to set up toe and camber ?!?!?

You can do the same thing with a $12 RPM Monster Camber Gauge and a plank of wood.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    $99.99 to set up toe and camber ?!?!?

You can do the same thing with a $12 RPM Monster Camber Gauge and a plank of wood.
    hahahahahahahaha. I wouldn't waste my money on that either
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Qualifier
    Looks great. Having used the RPM 'version' I will simply say if your time is worth a lot of money, the Integy station looks like a great investment.

It's only $89.99! Not that the difference would pull me over the line. The decimal point should move to the left to get me interested. My naked eye tolerance of 1.19753 degree makes this kind of tools a useless investment.
    Nobody is born with experience

I just had a friend of mine at work make me some setup wheels for all my RC's. I measured the axle sizes of my RC's and made up a blueprint for him. He took and programed them into the Laser and cut them out for me. We had to make them out of steel because the lasers we have won't cut aluminum very well, but they still work great. It's alot more accurate than just eye balling it. The only thing I forgot to do was drill the holes out in the steel wheel so I can get my wrench in to adjust the pillow balls.

All my setup stuff is all home made and probably 1/10th the cost of what it would be to out right buy it, and it's still just as accurate. Hudy makes some really nice setup stuff though but man is it pricey.
    Last edited by CarGuy7a; 07-07-2012 at 04:54 PM.

RC Qualifier
    You can set up toe and camber with a "L" shaped ruler and flat surface with lines drawed on it....haha.

just thoght it was interesting

there are a lot of people in this hobby where mom and dad buys them anything they want.....

i still say my eye is jsut fine... (as long as imwearing my glasses )

RC Qualifier
    It is intresting, but mommy and daddy throwing money on useless mods are not cool...

RC Qualifier
    Like I said it depends on what your time is worth. If I was making 20 bucks an hour again I would consider it seriously. It would easily save you several hours a year.

Reminds me of the whole bearing debate. If that's what you're into go for it.

I paid 20 some bucks for the traxxas pushrods, they are "worth" less than a dollar. When you buy something like that you are not just paying for the product. You are paying for the engineering that went into it, and the fact that if everybody had the resources to make precision machined parts, they would be almost free.

RC Qualifier
    You are paying for much more than the engineering. Some times people dont know what they are paying for and why. Specially since some hobby shops has ridicolous prices that cant really be justified by anything the lazyness and greed. A 20 dollar pushrod may cost 15 in one shop and 28 in another. Since everybody got to make a buck, the prices becomes higher. I know because I have bought stuff directly from the manufacturer for half the price included shipping.

Its also about the "price" and nothing else, thats why the shops cant sell the item cheaper even if they wanted to. The price is a indicator that the item has good quality. What if shops would start selling Integy trannys for 25 dollars even if the retail price is 35? Thats would give Integy a low budget image (even though it is, but highly overpriced).

Just like all those brand watches etc, they cost nothing while buying from manufacturer, how ever to keep their "good brand" they have to be more expensive then others.

This how ever doesnt work in Europe because stuff that are affordable in US are not in EU. Some how the EU shops think that 35 dollars equals 35 euros, or "350" swedish krona, which is around 50 dollars. Im aware of the additional import duty and VAT for the items, but not 10-15 dollars more for every item sold in EU hobby shops. One hobby shop listed a Integy tranny cost 35 dollars in US for 54 euros, and that is freaking 67 dollars, almost double the price.
    Last edited by ttThree; 07-07-2012 at 06:52 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have a level app in my phone that I use for camber adjustments. Works pretty good

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    I have a level app in my phone that I use for camber adjustments. Works pretty good
    What app

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    android market bubble by ben zibble

There's also another good one I have on my droid called "advanced bubble level". I still use my RPM gauge though because the case I have on my phone doesn't have a very good square surface on the sides to go by.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Same here for Android works wonders