RC Qualifier

2wd Titan steering to 2wd VXL steering

Ok, so I was looking at the new VXL Slash's and I saw they had the 4x4 style dual bellcrank steering system. I wanted to know if anyone thinks it is necessary to upgrade or if it is smart to upgrade to. I'm mainly bashing. Nothing really more with this truck. I was also looking at one for my Slash that I want to start racing. Is it a noticeable difference in any condition? How hard is it to put this together Traxxas Steering Bellcrank Set

Thanks
    Youtube - TraxxasRCC
    VXLs: Sl4sh Sl2sh Rusty Merv

RC poster
    this is what I upgraded to and I love it. Good for racing and bashing.http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...l-Bearings-Red

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I have the Pro-Line steering set-up on my Slash and I love it. It eliminates the need for a steering servo saver on the horn. Works like the EMaxx integrated saver.
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Champion
    I have the slash 4x4 bell crank in my slash, and I do notice an improved performance. There is tighter, more responsive steering, and the servo saver is built right into the bell crank. I think it is a good performance upgrade for you slash at the track. It is not hard to assemble either. There is an included, easy to read instruction sheet. The plastic bushings that it runs on will wear out semi-quickly (at least for me) so I replaced them with bearings, and it runs even better.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Competitor
    What ball bearings did you use?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

RC Competitor
    What's better? The slash 4x4 bellcranks on slash 2wd vxl or the proline 2wd performance steering kit? Any help will be much appreciated, thanks

I have them both,the pro line is glued,because its junk, the vxl-4x4 stile i s right behind it,In fact I took it off, If you want some control over your truck stay away from them both and buy one of these with a good servo,and you probable ms will be gone.
    Tho I race only when i turn my truck I want it to turn.
    http://www.buycheapr.com/us/product....&ga=us12&ts=go
    Last edited by billy-bones; 02-04-2013 at 05:01 AM.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

The boss runs a glued pro line, not for much longer,the other two run blue anodized aluminum bell cranks
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Sorry thought I had a pic of the bell crank.
    Last edited by billy-bones; 02-04-2013 at 05:13 AM.

RC Qualifier
    billy-bones, so you run no servo saver? Some off road RCs don't, like the Losi 22 don't at all... Sadly I am too chicken to not run one indoors.

Outdoors though, no servo saver for me.

RC Qualifier
    So the slash 4x4 bellcrank fits directly into a 2wd slash/rustler/bandit with no modding or anything?
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

No I run a good servo,no matter how tight i made the pro line,it still gave to easy,I would run a stock servo saver before another pl.
    And haven't lost a servo yet,key word,yet,Its bound to happen,but the the price um willing to pay for control
    By the way,I hate indoor clay too.
    Quote Originally Posted by cunawarit View Post
    billy-bones, so you run no servo saver? Some off road RCs don't, like the Losi 22 don't at all... Sadly I am too chicken to not run one indoors.

Outdoors though, no servo saver for me.

Never tried it,but if it fits the vxl,and the vxl is a slash with the velineon system,it should.
    Quote Originally Posted by eschmitt4 View Post
    So the slash 4x4 bellcrank fits directly into a 2wd slash/rustler/bandit with no modding or anything?

RC Competitor
    Thanks billy bones, that was a big help :-) I can't wait until I get my Greg Adler edition Slash VXL this week :-D ;-)

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by eschmitt4 View Post
    Yeah... although its recommended you swap the plastic bushes for bearings... 5x8x2.5mm i think.

RC Qualifier
    Ok I might just try this!
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Enthusiast
    To my mind, for around 10 you can have an upgraded steering setup which is still half the cost of any of the aluminium setups and half the cost of the Pro-Line setup... even if its only 75% as good, thats still an improvement for less cash.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by n_d_fox View Post
    To my mind, for around 10 you can have an upgraded steering setup which is still half the cost of any of the aluminium setups and half the cost of the Pro-Line setup... even if its only 75% as good, thats still an improvement for less cash.
    So you mean the Stock Traxxas Slash 4x4 setup?

I would like to do this upgrade, I just don't know what parts to get (or I'll need) in order to do this. Any assistance would be appreciated.

As for servos, an HS-645 or?

Thanks!