Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    ok so finally just got my parts all mounted on my slash and my upper shock mounting style switched. no washer for the one that came off this moment so i will have to get ahold of some and throw them in along with shimming some other stuff as well.

and............ i already had to replace all my stock rear wheel bearings........... now i think my fronts are finally giving way. ill post pics of everything tomorrow. no time tonight before i need to be asleep for work.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

pics from it being broken............

something doesnt look so right lol

rpm rpm rpm!!!!!!!!!!

these 3x 40mm screws are a little longer than im comftorable with. might look for some shorter ones.

Drag It!

there still to long but not as bad as the rears.

Drag It!

RC Competitor
    Well, Graves, ive been off here for several months (from the Tmaxx forum). When I returned you done went electric on me, lol!
    Oh well, Santa is bringing me a Rustler VXL for Christmas, so Im making the jump, as well. My son is getting a Slash, which brought me to your thread.
    Any way, good to see your still around.
    No Honey, I have had this one for a long time....

so i was just sitting here thinking............

how many upgrades do i need before this thing stops breaking on me?

my next plans are to finally ditch the stock tires though. but i mean whats next? the pins in the u joints of my axles are wobbling out already............ and all the bearings in my rear wheels already went out and got replaced. now my fronts are loose, i have a bent turnbuckle up front, and my steering posts are moving around.............. does it ever end? and lately i cant even get through a single 2s 5000mah battery without something else breaking

it would just be nice to drive it and not half to fix it non stop............ ya know?

and please nobody take this as me bashing traxxas in any way shape or form. i love traxxas, just more annoyed than anything right now i guess.
    Drag It!

well.......... took my slash out in the snow today.............. very first run and i broke the side mount for my brand new rpm bumper. snapped in half by the driver side upper screw mount at the very back......... not happy about that the least bit....(shake my head).

but in other news the total lack of traction made me decide to make some snow chains. its dark outside but i have a porch light. i have just the drive tires done this moment so i gotta finish the fronts but ill get pics up for everyone. and ill let you know how well they work to lol.
    Drag It!

Wow!
    Your body is in great shape...
    I remember I painted mine about the same time as yours.
    Didn't you shoo goo it though?
    I think I remember you doing that.
    I know what I'm doing for my next body..

Do you blow off your truck with a air compressor? I do that all the time for a water run.
    It will probably help with your bearing problems
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

yeah i shoe gooed mine up lol. i know for next one im lightly sanding the inside first so the paint sticks better lol. and no i dont blow off my car because i dont have an air compressor. i do go through and oil my bearings still though.
    Drag It!

Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    . i do go through and oil my bearings still though.
    Better than nothing
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

so no pics yet because i just dont feel like taking the time to do it tonight mostly and i only have rear chains done this moment.........

but................... holy cow does this thing rip in the snow with chained rear tires! i still gotta do the fronts so i can hopefully turn now but atleast i can finally go now lol.
    Drag It!

whats up everyone, im back!

the slash has been just sitting on the shelf mostly since ive been working on building my atv, but i just placed an order for some parts so i can have my slash up and running for the summer fun. just ordered some trencher x sc M2 tires a new rpm rear bumper because one of my brackets broke, and some De Racing "Trinidad" wheels. which i sadly just noticed are designed to use a specific hub nut............ so i may have to get some of those as well.
    Drag It!

ok, hub nuts are on there way as well. got the wheels in flourecent yellow by the way, you know............ just so they stand out lol
    Drag It!

fixed the rear bumper mount with the new setup that came in from rpm. then the other side ended up breaking, so i switched it out to. i thought rpm was supposed to be tough? only thing i can think of is that it got weekend over the winter from cold weather.............. i dont know...........

but today was fun..... i aquired a 3 cell lipo from my buddy even after i accidently hit him so hard that i broke the top mount off one of my front shock caps as well as bent the shock shaft. the JB WELD is currently still drying to get me buy for now lol. tires and stuff came in to so i gotta get them taped up and glued. cant wait to try out these trenchers!

and this body parachutes horribly bad................ i litterly cant go full speed on a 3 cell without flipping over. was thinking about the proline true scale raptor body............ maybe something else. not sure yet.. suggestions anyone? im looking for something that i can jump with and not have someones breath flip me over lol.
    Drag It!

RC Racer
    i know that post with the long shock screws is pretty old but u should do the dual shocks in the rear cause i herd it helps pretty good.

the shocks taking the landings are fine, the cap only broke because because i hit something do like 40mph which bent the shaft to. now im just going to put aluminum caps on all around and upgrade the front shaft to the hardend ones like i already have in the rear. then ill just upgrade the springs when i get to it because i still dont have it dialed in to where i want it.
    Drag It!

slash raptor body question thread

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...93#post5467793

dont mind me, just keeping organized lol
    Drag It!

ok, so the jb welded shock cap lasted less than 5 minutes due to letting my friends wife take the wheel. lets just say she panic throttled into the steps lol................ oh well it happens. she was mad at her job so i was letting her drive it to cheer her up. and it worked. so now i have some ti nitride front shafts ordered and some green strc shock caps.
    Drag It!

need more posi action

ok so im trying to get a more posi rear end. this thing just goes open diff way to easy and i want to be able to just bust donuts on flat pavement. when i replaced my diff due to damage from an overly tight slipper clutch i put 1k wait oil in it. well that pored right out. so after that i took someones suggestion from on here and put some automotive wheel bearing grease in it. well thats how it still sits now and its just way to thin. im not opposed necessarily to running a spool though. i mean im usually almost all or nothing on the throttle anyway so im usually just sliding all over. just because its a strait basher. am i going to just blow other parts like axles if i run a spool or would i be fine? ive been running offroad more and more lately as well. so i know that would be less stress on things. if i dont have a spool i want something i can put in the diff to make it almost like a spool. i want very very little differential action basically lol.

thoughts?

concerns?

suggestions?
    Drag It!

front wheels all mounted up, still waiting on my DE Racing nuts to mount the rears up at the moment.

heres the proline trencher m2 compund sc tires mounted to de racing trinity wheels

heres my shock hating life after my friends wife drove it lol. the jb weld just didnt work out so well.

taped tires for the win

Drag It!

it just got real. spent all yesterday after work doing the rc thing with friends. we went to the hobby shop and all spent money. my one buddy had a losi nitro sct. he ended up buying a team assosiated electric truck. my other friend just got parts for his t-maxx and his slayer. me..................... i bought some stuff for my slash.

heres my new traxxas esc fan, where you can see the strc shock caps i just mounted as well.

my rear hub nuts came in the other day so heres a pic of the new shoes all mounted up.

uh ohhh............... whats this? could it be an rpm transmission case? i think it could

someone gots a new battery

also bought some ofna diff lock so i can get some more solid axle action going on.

meant to buy bearings while i was there but i forgot. might go back today and get them but i dont know that i want to spend the money lol. but i can litterly move the shaft up and down for the spur gear so im thinking i probably should before i blow another diff.
    Last edited by 08kgraves; 04-07-2013 at 08:32 AM.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Nice!the yellow rims look great with the green
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

thanks eschmitt4, i thought so to. i need to drill holes in that body though. it catches stupid amounts of wind lol.

heres a quick gearing question for someone......

ok so stock gearing was 86/23

on 2 cell with temp monitoring i was running 76/23

but the 3 cell was getting warm. now the guy at the hobby shop said to drop down 2 pinion sizes from stock so 86/21 gearing.
    now that 86/21 gearing comes out to 4.095:1

now im running 90/23 which comes out to be 3.913:1

i know your supposed to drop down to run cooler temps my question is this............. does it matter how you change your gearing as long as its changed? or do you really need to drop down on the pinion size?
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Well, (I think) I know that decreasing the pinion size puts less stress on the motor...yes it does matter how you change your gearing because if you have 2 big of a pinion your motor will have much too hot of temps (which is the same thing if your just increasing your gear ratio) that's all I know others can probably anwser your question better than me
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

hmm, makes sense. didnt really even try and think of it that way. so i guess ill go back to the 86t spur like stock and drop down to a 21t pinion and see how that works. to be honest i loved the speed i had with my 76t pinion and 23t spur lol. i gotta play around more with it.
    Drag It!

well i have more pics to upload and what not but like a few days ago my photo bucket account is being weird and worthless. so its not working

but i got my rpm tranny housing all mounted up with the new bearings in it as well as the diff lube swapped over now to the ofna diff lock. my front shock ti nitride shock shaft are in as well so i need to swap those over and she should be good to go for awhile.

and ive ran a few pack through it now. and i must say........................... i absolutely LOVE the way this thing handles and responds now with the super heavy diff lock. the stuff is kind of a pain to work with but wow............ just wow. i can rip donuts on flat pavement now if i choose to, but if i turn slow just cruising its still a diff so it turns properly. and it just handles so so so much better offroad that its unbelievable. it makes my slash fun again lol. and if you guys have ever paid attention if you pull on the axles in the stock tranny you can feel the diff moving back and fourth. well in the rpm trans everything is just made to perfect spec so it tightens up all the free play as well. cant wait for the rain to go away so i can run it some more now!
    Drag It!

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...n-to-2-3-tread!

keeping organized some lol.

also i drilled holes in my body last night to see if i can actually drive full speed on 3 cell without just flipping over lol. gotta do that and change my gearing some. i have my front shocks all done now and installed. and im not sure if im just crazy or if my shocks are leaking some?
    Drag It!

well ladies and gents............ some of you already know this but my 2wd slash has gone racer. heres the thread to the round e round setup

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...e-round-setups

but i still want to post alot of the build in this thread overall. today i went to hobby store again and picked up some paint for my j concepts manta body. decided im going to stick with the same paint colors. those being the metalic black and florecent green. picked up a spare front bulkhead in case i brake another and need one on short notice. picked up the proline adjustable body mount kit. got a bag of e clips in case i loose another. and then also got some more body clips to.

been pretty productive lately to be honest. with the rpm transmission assembly, the new trx green alloy shock caps, the trenchers i mounted all the way around which now will only be on the front since i just bought some duratrax posse race tires in super soft and some black de racing trinidad wheels to mount them to. have a proline pro 2 chassis on the way as well as some losi ten scte rear shocks (bidding on fronts right now)
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    You sure did eat that driver stand this weekend... Good thing it wasn't aluminum, otherwise you would have been dealing with bent everything. Good to have some extra parts on hand, you can never have too much!
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

yeah it was rough lol, did you see the chip i took out of the stand? lol

new body is under the gun for paint. first light coat of black is on. decided to go with the same metallic black and florecent green paint scheme. i havent tried to upload pics again yet. but i reset my computer to last month before it was messing up so maybe i can get pics uploaded finally lol.

the black logs good, should be peeling off the masking tape and laying down the green once i get home from work.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-24-2013 at 09:40 AM. Reason: merge
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    I did not see the chunk missing, must of been under all that Kenny Foam!
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

oh yeah....... forgot it hit that lol. well hopefully i dont need that foam again lol. but the backstretch between 2 and 3 is kind of sketchy with those chairs right there and that little bit of a lip on the one rail road tie........... i think we need to put up a wall or something there.

in other news though.............. done with all the black on my body and im laying down the green now!
    Drag It!

first coat of backing paint is drying. one more then the new body is done. about to glue the other side of my tires now to.
    Drag It!

tires are drying, and body is done. well minus wanting to get some numbers on the sides and maybe my name on her.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    I agree with the wall, sometime we are going to smack into those chairs and blow our front end off.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

well we had another good race day yesterday. finished up the pro 2 install right after work. thing handles a night and day differance now, love it! going to try and get pics up again
    Drag It!

ok here come the pics for you guys,

rpm trans install

new shock shafts for the front

the holes i drilled so i could actually run on 3 cell with the body on. worked to.

new body, jconcepts manta

masking tape on. everything masked off with be flourecent green.

Drag It!

another masking shot

laying down the metallic black

making peeled, and time for some flourecent green

shes coming along

backing paint laid down

looking pretty spiffy

protective plastic off, getting ready to sticker it up

got the race tread drying glue

not done with stickers on new body yet but heres the new one compared to the old one.

Drag It!

some more old vs. new shots

uh ohhhhh............. new shocks are here...............

all done with the stickers. would like to get my number on both sides and roof, and maybe my last name somewhere. but other than that im done.

and heres the big money shot for now..............

proline pro 2 chassis
    proline body mounts
    losi ten scte shocks
    duratrax posse super soft tires on rear
    proline trenchers up front
    de racing trinidad wheels
    rpm back half minus the arms

Drag It!

had to get that body down lower. it was looking like a monster truck lol

so much lower than stock

clean looking body

Drag It!

trucks been doing pretty good at the track overall. needed those soft losi springs after all. actually think i need softer yet, front end just doesnt want to come down in the corners. still seems to bounce to much to. ill figure it out eventually though
    Drag It!