Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Its wide open. Did you pick what this truck is gonna be? Mt,racer,basher,on road, sand rail, etc...?

If I am buying a stock roller, I want to keep as many parts stock, to achieve the initial goal. If I am going hog wild on a build, I will skip the roller, and just buy hop ups, and exactly what parts I need. I built a hog wild bandit up from a roller, and in the end, not 1 part of the original roller was left = wasted money on roller.

If you have the exact vision of what its gonna be, get the most expensive stuff first, that way the end of the build is accelerated. I would expect the most expensive parts would be the electronics.
    Last edited by rag6; 07-14-2012 at 10:13 AM.
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

Quote Originally Posted by dgudenau View Post
    What type of motor/esc are you planning on getting? The velineon system from traxxas is a fast, durable brushless system, or you could go with one of the castle sct offerings for more power and adjustability. I would go for the motor/esc first to get the truck running, or maybe the body so I could take my time painting it.
    i was planning on the velineon just so that i could be waterproof.... but the more i think of it and talk to people i dont think im going to bother really. i mean im not going to be trying to submerge it or anything and ill just make sure to stay away from the ditch or any other ditches that my nitro's ended up in a few times lol.

so that being said i think i probably will go with the castle setup but not sure which one........ any suggestions?

just bought some stuff today non rc related so i might get a body and wheels and get motor esc after that
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Its wide open. Did you pick what this truck is gonna be? Mt,racer,basher,on road, sand rail, etc...?

If I am buying a stock roller, I want to keep as many parts stock, to achieve the initial goal. If I am going hog wild on a build, I will skip the roller, and just buy hop ups, and exactly what parts I need. I built a hog wild bandit up from a roller, and in the end, not 1 part of the original roller was left = wasted money on roller.

If you have the exact vision of what its gonna be, get the most expensive stuff first, that way the end of the build is accelerated. I would expect the most expensive parts would be the electronics.

i dont know exactly what i want this second is the problem. i mean its going to be kind of an all around basic kit. i know i will get the proline desert rat body (i think is the name) ill probably just get stock tires for now though since there cheap. and theres some things that if i know i will upgrade i may as well do it now before i buy anything else like the motor/esc.

i will probably get good electronics more or less and stock or a little better than stock other things. and once i brake control arms or something ill upgrade that then. to rpm or what not depending on what brakes.
    Drag It!

the waiting game............

it sucks.............. im both excited because i cant wait for my parts to be here, but sad because i have to wait for the parts to get here lol
    Drag It!

so in sucky news............... i thought my roller was coming through ups so everyone has been looking for my package for me.

but nope, nope just went and looked again because the expected delivery date was yesterday and it was coming via usps...........

which...................... we dont have a regular mailbox or mailman because we live out in the country. we have a post office box in town though.............. and i tracked it through usps instead of just clicking on the number and it says that they attempted delivery yesterday at 8:03 am................ so it should be sitting at the post office, but they close at 5 so i cant get it until tomorrow now

but i just paid for my motor/esc combo to someone selling in the market place.
    Drag It!

bidding on some brand new tires. just stock bfgoodrich traxxas tires mounted on some of the chrome wheels with black lip. wish me luck, i have 4 days and 1 hour left on big. and so far im high bidder at $3.25 lol
    Drag It!

AHHHH dont post your cheap auctions untill after you win them! Someone may find and snipe them!

Yeah...... Didn't even think about it lol oops
    Drag It!

got my roller and my batteries but i think my phone hates me, or atleast the cord does. lately it wont connect automatically to my pc like it used to and give me the option to use as a disk drive and transfer pics i took over. well when i got my pics over the other day i had to upload them to facebook, then save them to my pc and then upload them to photobucket and put on here. but now they wont even send to my facebook...................... i hate my phone
    Drag It!

well i figured out a way to make it all happen. i was able to send myself an email from my phone or i should say multiple emails rather with 1 photo attachment at a time. then i opened the picture and right clicked it so i could save them. then i uploaded to photobucket and now on here

hate doing the extra steps because things are not working like they are supposed to but atleast i figured out a way....... anyone use that taptalk app? is it worth the money?

i wonder whats in the boxes?

dun dun duh

yay......... roller

spiffy
    Drag It!

and the other box............................

2 batteries and a charger used but hey i cant complain for the price lol

ok so quick question.... the wall charger only says 4 hours for 1500mah and 8 hours for 3000 mah........ these are 4500mah....... so 12 hours? thats rediculous....... is it just because of the charger or what? or do they always take so long to charge?

need to solder the connector back on for this one

extra play?

the battery moves up and down roughly 1/8" and forward and backwards roughly 1/4".............. that cant be good im assuming....... came with a foam piece which is not installed yet but i already know its to big without trimming.

thoughts suggestions?

so the build is coming along pretty quick i feel, which is good because i cant wait to be ripping down the road

also what kind of run times am i looking at roughly with this battery on a stock setup with the vxl 3s motor/esc combo and the stock gearing?
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    You run times is between 15 to 30 min each pack of batteries
    I did a little modification to my batteries for longer run times: i bought another battery excactly the same as the stock and i conected a parallel conector: (stock=8.4v 3000mah/ with parallel conector:2 stock= 8.4 but 6000mah)
    With you batteries you can make the same mod(stock 8.4v 4500mah/ with the mod= 8.4v 9000mah)

Edit: i forget say the parallel conector is part #*3064*
    Last edited by DBG; 07-19-2012 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Add info
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

ok, ill keep that in mind, i think im fine with just running 1 pack then switching it out though for now. but what about a faster charger? is there one? or am i stuck with like a 12 hour charge time per battery? because thats no fun lol
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    ok, ill keep that in mind, i think im fine with just running 1 pack then switching it out though for now. but what about a faster charger? is there one? or am i stuck with like a 12 hour charge time per battery? because thats no fun lol
    A fast charger is another option but i really dont know a very good and fast charger (i still have the stock)
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

hmmm ok, i do know that the dynamite charger i used to have for my nitro's was decent. i used it to charge the ez start along with the hump pack receiver battery. it had a 1-4 amp rating. might look into another one of those because it was only like $25 and super easy to use. plus it would beep like every 60 seconds once it was charged and stop charging the battery.
    Drag It!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    thats one thing why i ditch nihm batts, takes too long to charge, LOL. wow i cant believe you recieve it that fast.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

was looking at a traxxas ez peak charger, doesnt look to badly priced. only $48 from traxxas.

question though............. who has one? is the 3 and 4 amp settings only with a dc hookup? because im not trying to have to charge slower inside. i looked up that dynamite charger and 3 and 4 amp setting is dc power only. and they dont give you the connector to hook up to dc, you have to buy that seperate. the ez peak comes with dc cables, but i would really like a charger that i can just plug into the wall to charge batteries. because from the formula i used via what was in the manual for the dynamite charger my 4500 batteries would charge at 3A i believe.
    Drag It!

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    thats one thing why i ditch nihm batts, takes too long to charge, LOL. wow i cant believe you recieve it that fast.
    yeah, thanks again man, it was here with the quickness lol.

so what rate did you charge these at? i dont know the formula. looking for a faster charger. preferably one that will go over 2 amp without needing dc power. not trying to carry around a car battery or something lol
    Drag It!

i have'nt really charge it on my AC6 charger, only with that charger i gave you and yeah it takes all night to fully charge it. that 4 amp charger you mention can probably charge it faster. my lipos are 5000mah and i charge it at 5 amps and it takes about 45/50mins.

Kenny, make sure that whatever charger you get, that it can balance charge lipos. I have a feeling that you will not be running thos nimh's for long. One other thing to consider is charger quality. Some chargers while on the cheap side, are not so good for your batteries. Here was a recent discussion in the pede forum about the higher quality chargers. The extra 40-80$ is worth it in my and other experienced members opinion:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...er-and-battery

You dont have to spend over $100 to get a good charger, but it is easy to spend $50 for a sub standard one.

ok, good charger......... check lol

yeah i dont know how long i will be in the nimh world with these charge times lol. my biggest thing was just gettin my foot in the door of the electric world mostly.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    was looking at a traxxas ez peak charger, doesnt look to badly priced. only $48 from traxxas.

question though............. who has one? is the 3 and 4 amp settings only with a dc hookup? because im not trying to have to charge slower inside. i looked up that dynamite charger and 3 and 4 amp setting is dc power only. and they dont give you the connector to hook up to dc, you have to buy that seperate. the ez peak comes with dc cables, but i would really like a charger that i can just plug into the wall to charge batteries. because from the formula i used via what was in the manual for the dynamite charger my 4500 batteries would charge at 3A i believe.
    I have the traxxas ez peak and it does charge at up to 4 amps wall plug or 12v dc. It takes little less than a hour for my 4?00 packs about 30 minutes for the stock 3000 packs

ok, thanks for the input on that.
    Drag It!

update................

won my bid on the stock black and chrome wheels/tires (stock)

the bid got raised from the original $3.25 sadly but i won the bid at $15.50 plus the $10.95 for shipping. so $26.45 isnt bad if you ask me when the cheapest i was seeing for buy it now was like $39 shipped if i remember right. i dont need to many more things now so i think my next purchace will be a radio and receiver as well as my body might pick up a charger as well soon to cut down charge times.
    Drag It!

progress

wonder what this is?

i think for the stock colors and not knowing which way it will go that the black and chrome looks good together

after putting wheels on it feels the suspension will be to soft? is this going to need some new springs and heavier oil right off the bat? i figure probably heavier oil atleast im guessing.
    Drag It!

Check out this vid, it should help you get the suspension close, without spending much:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEe-o...4&feature=plcp

Didn't watch it all (on cell phone) but the angles I already knew about from working with my t-maxx tuning its suspension. And I know I need different tires if I'm looking for more traction as well. I haven't looked around yet but are there any good all around springs for a slash? Like rc raven had a nice set for my t-maxx. I'll probably get some 40-50w oil for my shocks sometime to. Mostly just woried about how soft they are right now.
    Drag It!

nice!! your getting there man. pretty soon you'll have it running in no time hahaha.
    did you buy those wheels from him?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Stoc...item25725d023a
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 07-25-2012 at 07:01 PM.

RC Champion
    With some heavier shock oil and Losi springs, you should have the slash running pretty well. I run the Losi orange springs on the rear and Losi red springs on the front, and it works very well for the type of driving I do.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    nice!! your getting there man. pretty soon you'll have it running in no time hahaha.
    did you buy those wheels from him?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Stoc...item25725d023a

no, didnt even see those ones lol, good thing nobody else bid me up higher because the cheapest i was finding them was like $35 shipped close call there lol

motor/esc is on the way as well. arrival day not sure of though. dont have a tracking number either

and im waiting for an ebay store to email me back on a combined shipping price for my body, servo, and radio/receiver.
    Drag It!

im waiting for an ebay store to email me back on a combined shipping price for my body, servo, and radio/receiver.
    what happen to your slayer? i think you can use the body for it and the radio, cant you?

i traded my slayer and my maxx with two full size trucks neither of which were in perfect shape to get my 2.4 motor swapped neon with some extra parts.

i actually sold almost everything except a few things i had. i kept my rc specific tools, temp gun, little stuff like that. so im basically starting over again from nothing lol

but its all good because i wanted to switch to electric anyway. all the extra gear, tuning, maintenance and basically having to pay everytime i want to run in a sense of burning fuel was just getting old for me.

i like the ease of just charging batteries lol. plus i can have more time to play with electric since i wont have to check my tune first. just buy more and better batteries as i go. and a good charger.

im sure one day ill get another nitro something though.
    Drag It!

oohh i see, i just did'nt bother reading the whole thread about your neon swap cause before i knew it, it has like 4 pages, lol. i do too miss my nitro sometimes. i still have a t-maxx chassis just incase i want to build one.

yeah.............. its up there in pages for how long ive had it lol. the guy i traded them to i still talk to. he loves my maxx. he said its one of the most wicked nitro's hes ever seen lol. i do miss it at times though. that thing shreaded at the track lol. but off the track my slayer was my favorite for versatility and pure durability. i drove her hard and put her away wet many a times without a single issue or a very small one (kept breaking antenna tubes). Gotta give props to traxxas hands down for the most durable rigs out there.

i figure the slash is the electric version of the slayer, and ive seen them take alot of abuse as well (perfect for me lol). plus slashes are fairly cheap and can be setup for many different things like on road, off road, dunes, monster truck, you name it.
    Drag It!

hmmmm...............

should i buy a spectrum dx2e controller with receiver?

or

traxxas link setup without the little ipod dock?
    Drag It!

RC Champion
    hmmmm...............

should i buy a spectrum dx2e controller with receiver?

or

traxxas link setup without the little ipod dock?
    I owned a dx2e controller and it was a nice radio. It doesn't have many adjustability options and it can only link one model, but it was comfortable in the hand. I actually sold the dx2e and a traxxas link radio for a dx3c. The dx3c is only $30 more than the dx2e, and you get a 20 model memory, a screen to adjust your settings, and a lot of adjustability options. I like it the best out of the other radios I have owned, but I can not speak for the traxxas tqi system seeing that I have never tried it.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

yeah i seen it only had 1 car storage after i posted lol. im thinking ill just go with a stock traxxas radio for now. they work plenty good enough to get me going. plus there cheap and can store multiple cars. but i do like the digital ones so you dont have to adjust nobs between vehicles.
    Drag It!

dun dun duh.............................

just placed another order

proline desert melitia body

traxxas 2075 servo

the newer style 2.4 traxxas radio with receiver (not the fancy one with phone doc, just basic one)

and........................................

a thunder ac6 charger

so pretty soon ill be rocking the slash out
    Drag It!

What castle set up?

just going with the stock brushless setup from traxxas.
    Drag It!