Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Then if you want them, just pm me, I still have your address.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

alright man, will do. ill let u know if i change my mind for sure.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

So hows it runnin'? Still having as much fun now as in the beginning?

my car has been broken for like a month now lol. i need a tire, a diff gear, and an idler gear still. but last time i ran it the car was still fun i really need to get the 4x4 going though.............. i think im going to try and get it to the point where i can just rob the rest of it off the 2wd to complete it (for now)
    Drag It!

so my new battery came in the mail today. i wasnt sure when it was supposed to come so when there was a huge package (compared to size of a battery) i did not think it was mine at first. but before i could even find the name to see who it was for i seen the giant caution sticker saying danger this box contains lithium batteries............

then i knew it was mine lol

now i just need to fix the rest of my car lol
    Drag It!

so i think i may be getting my parts tomorrow to fix my car....................

fingers crossed! lol
    Drag It!

That's good. I hate when you have to buy the parts but never can.
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

wasnt sure what the package was at first till i seen the label

the new battery that arrived on monday

yay! parts finally

new idler gear

diff parts

i told them at the hobby store i wanted a almost locked diff that only slipped when needed a little bit, this is what they gave me. ofna diff lock

didnt really have the money for new tires but they said this stuff is the best glue they have ever seen and that it should get me by for now.

Drag It!

Drag It!

ok so i broke my slash again yesterday............ didnt even get through an entire battery pack wasnt overly hard on it for once so im wondering if it got stressed from previous runs and just finally gave out.............. but lets see how long it takes u to find the problem

ok so heres what i was doing.......... i was jumping a 1 1/2' tall roughly mulch pile from cutting down a tree. takeoff was a 2 wide driveway car width with some grass before that which i could not go fast through for the record. and the landing was all grass. soft wet somewhat muddy grass actually. so plenty of padding............. thats why i think the bulk of the damage or stress was done prior

luckily i was able to just pull the pins out of the bottom of both rear carriers and move them to the upper holes for now. time to look for upgrades again

another little link up here
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...encher-x-tires.
    Drag It!

heres my nephew driving my slash some since he bugged me all night lol

Drag It!

ok, so heres the second video of me driving now. static camera that could have been a better placement but hey its all for fun. the third one is better view once its done uploading.

Drag It!

here is video number 3. it came out much much better!

Drag It!

hmmmmm decisions decisions....................

so the other day i broke a rear hub carrier and i already had a problem with the bearings going out on me. so should i wait and spend the $33 including shipping for the matching green strc aluminum parts that are oversized bearings to last longer?

or.............

should i just get the rpm with stock bearing size that i can get for under $10 shipped but use the stock size bearings that already failed on me once?

the parts i have green aluminum so far are a shock tower which isnt on right now, so just the green c blocks up front. but everything that does go aluminum i want to try and do in green aluminum.

im thinking i should just wait and get the strc ones so i have the bigger bearings to last longer.
    Drag It!

Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    wasnt sure what the package was at first till i seen the label

the new battery that arrived on monday

yay! parts finally

new idler gear

diff parts

i told them at the hobby store i wanted a almost locked diff that only slipped when needed a little bit, this is what they gave me. ofna diff lock

didnt really have the money for new tires but they said this stuff is the best glue they have ever seen and that it should get me by for now.

That is the best tire glue I have ever used, and will not use anything else ever again...

yeah the stuff seems to work amazing from what i can tell. and the whole keep it in fridge for storage is kind of awesome to lol.
    Drag It!

my latest adventure...............

ok so today i had my latest adventure.......... i loaded up my 3 charged lipo batteries and headed to the skatepark. there just 2s lipo's so nothing crazy by any means. the park is located very close to the water and there was a wee bit of wind........... which completely threw me off because its the first time it actually affected me lol. that was lesson number one. lesson number two was that i quickly learned how slow you need to go off a really big ramp before your catching massive air............ yeah lol......... i didnt even hit the ramp at 1/4 throttle and next thing i know ive already went like 15 feet in the air and overshot the landing by another 10 feet as well. landed strait to flat concrete............ ouch.......................

dont know if it happend there or previously but i bent both my rear shocks...............

and i didnt even make it threw one battery pack when i broke the left rear axle carrier. the part at the top that goes up to connect to the camber link wasnt having any more of it lol.

but on the bright side i was pretty much handed a job today so i will have funds again to upgrade more

as far as the job i was offered heres the details. back in like march or april when i was looking for a job before my last one i applied to this place as well. today i was jus ton my way to the skatepark with rc ready to rip when i got a phone call asking me if i was still looking for work or if i found it already. well after telling them how i had found a job but left it because of the way they were doing things they asked me when it was conveniant to come in for an interview. i told them how i was in town right then and could swing over. so i detoured my rc journey and went there. and long story short.....................

i work for ford now, out in there quick lube store. not to happy that its ford but hey they got alot of perks they do for there workers as well. starts off at $8.50, after 90 days goes up to $9.00 its probably less than 1/2 the distance of the last place which only paid me $9 an hour and refused to pay overtime. and then they have whats called spiffs. every oil change i get an extra $1, every upsell of items like wipers, tires, ect i get a set amount for those as well. then every time i get a spiff i get my name put in a box. and at the end of the week they do a drawing where the winner gets another $50.

seemed pretty cool to me. so yeah i start as soon as i get my tools there. so looking at hopefully getting tools there friday and starting monday since im not feeling so well right now. hopefully it clears up by then.
    Drag It!

RC Champion
    Sounds like a cool job, for shocks, id get some proline powerstrokes or big bores, a full set of big bores off line are 38 bucks while a full set of powerstrokes are like 70. The powerstrokes, you can tune very easily since it has a dial on the shock body which allows you to go up or down. And for Id also get RPM rear a arms and RPM rear hub carriers or get aluminum hub carriers
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

just placed an order today for some rpm rear carriers as well as the upgraded traxxas gold plated shafts. i know there much tougher than stock shaft shocks. i think it said they should be in mid-end of next week.
    Drag It!

When are you getting a 3s?
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

thats a good question. i honestly dont know man. lately it seems like im lucking to get through 1 battery pack before something breaks on me and i have 3 lipo's now total so im thinking once the one goes out (no more balance port) i will replace it with a 3s lipo but first off my concern is to get these basic upgrades done that keep failing on me lol. then maybe a better charger.
    Drag It!

yeah the stuff seems to work amazing from what i can tell. and the whole keep it in fridge for storage is kind of awesome to lol.
    I bought like 8 oz of ca from that cheap china site a while back for about 3$ just to fill up my shipping weight quota. Around the same time I heard that freezering ca will prolong its shelf life. I have about 5/8 of it left in my freezer. I have used that cheap stuff for many tire gluings and and many "around the house" jobs, and it still works well. Only when racing hard on carpet did I ever have an issue. Thats when I found the AKA glue, and it is killer. Keep any ca in your freezer and it will last basically forever. AKA is just the goddess of tire glue in my opinion...

in the freezer? does it actually freeze solid or no? my aka glue just says to keep refrigerated on the bottle, not frozen lol.

my biggest fear with it (since i havent actually glued tires to rims yet) is what if i pull the bead out to glue it and i cant get it back in fast enough? lol
    Drag It!

well my new rpm rear carriers came in as well as my tin shock shafts for the rear. goal is to put them on this weekend. but im going to go play some more black ops 2 now before i have to go to sleep for work............
    Drag It!

well parts didnt get put on over the weekend because it was double experience points on cod lol.

so im going to put them on now.
    Drag It!

ok heres the update.

rpm carrier installed on the left, stock on the right

rpm

stock, notice the bracing near bearings that rpm has

new tin shaft on the bottom shock, bent stock on the upper shock lol

stock bent shaft on the left, new strait tin shaft on the right

a little assembly pic

both bent shafts against the seam on a folding table

yay.......... assembled

Drag It!

then i found this........... not to bad after i took it off and then threaded the end back on.... but still bent some

front tires on the rear and rear tires on the front. so now the front is even narrower and rear is wider. just temporary though so dont freak out on me anyone. im gonna buy new tires soon.

opposite angle

and now for more of the broken/ damaged parts lol,

Drag It!

i think me and my slash have a love hate relationship............ i love it but it hates me........... atleast its nothing major this time. the top screw for my left front shock decided to remove itself from my rig though........... smh

does anyone make a kit that puts a stud all the way through both sides with a nut on the end to hold it all together?
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Not sure about that, try some loctite or just tighten them back down after you run. Those screws back out a lot. You probably could just drill a hole through it, use a longer screw and put a nut on it. Might be hard to find a longer shoulder screw though.

im still doing a bit of research but proline makes a univeral kit exactly like im looking for. only catch is that it says for the powerstrokes. so i dont know if it will work or not yet. still looking into that part.
    Drag It!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by joe831 View Post
    Not sure about that, try some loctite or just tighten them back down after you run. Those screws back out a lot. You probably could just drill a hole through it, use a longer screw and put a nut on it. Might be hard to find a longer shoulder screw though.
    Exactly, just drill it out a little larger, go to home depot and buy a longer screw with a lock-washer and secure it with a locknut and some loctite, and it will never back out.

just placed myself another order off ebay....... estimated delivery is monday.

got me an rpm rear bumper mount (that slotted bracket drives me crazy when it pops out), an rpm rear bumper, some rpm low visibility wheelie bars, and some 3x40mm button head screws so i can run it through and never lose an upper shock mounting bolt again
    Drag It!

Going back up many post,take the advise about the pro line trans,all your buying is a name.Traxxas stock trans blows it away!
    Have them both,if you want one ill sell ya mine cheap,just enough to get another traxxas trans.

na, im good. i think im going to end up going with the flm trans probably. that or maybe hot racing........ havent made up my mind 100% in any way other than not getting the proline trans lol
    Drag It!

RC Racer
    I love this thread!
    was is difficult putting the new shock shafts on?

not hard at all. super easy overall. the hardest part was getting the e clips on the top and bottom of the piston on and off.

and im glad you like the thread man. im just working on getting her further along every time something new breaks more or less. lol

on a side note. i just noticed last night that my stock rear bumper is broken............ so its a good thing i got the rpm rear bumper just because i wanted it lol.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    i think me and my slash have a love hate relationship............ i love it but it hates me........... atleast its nothing major this time. the top screw for my left front shock decided to remove itself from my rig though........... smh

does anyone make a kit that puts a stud all the way through both sides with a nut on the end to hold it all together?
    i found that the shoulder screws in my wheelie bar are longer than the ones for the shocks, so those might work. they're part number 4976. i don't know if you could buy them without the wheels
    "That don't make NO sense!"

i think i found an answer through my power stroke shock measurement thread. ordered parts and they should be here on monday. thanks for the response though
    Drag It!

i think me and my slash have a love hate relationship............ i love it but it hates me...........
    If it made you do all the things you make it do, you would hate it lol...

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    If it made you do all the things you make it do, you would hate it lol...
    very very very true........ i honestly never thought of it that way lol

on a side note......................

the parts i wasnt even expecting until monday............. came today

big thumbs up to "everything rc" on ebay. this is the second time ive ordered from them and they ship extremely fast! just 3 days from when i ordered which was at like 8:00 pm and my parts are here
    Drag It!