RC Qualifier

Temporary Motor/ESC combo question

I just got my ERBE roller and was wondering if it would be possible to use a Mamba Max Pro 2400 in it on 4s until I can get a Mamba Monster combo?

If it can be done safely, any suggestions for gearing would be appreciated.
    ERBE, Sl4sh MT, P4de, 1/16 Grave Digger 4x4

RC Qualifier
    it would probably work but id watch the temps closely. i know the mamba max pro will power the e revo with out breaking a sweat, but the motor isnt exactly a 1/8 motor. doesnt hurt to try it while watching temps on everything closely.

RC Qualifier
    I tried out the SCT 2400 combo in my 3906 E Maxx. Weighs 8.6 lbs AUW. Worked great and never got hot, actually I could hold the motor after 15+ minutes run time. That impressed me. Power was excellent on 4s 20c lipos. Here's some video going around the track.

I've used my MMP to power my rig on 4s power so I know the esc can handle it. Not sure about the small motor though...

What setup did you order?

Sent from the cockpit of my Jeep Wrangler
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    I tried out the SCT 2400 combo in my 3906 E Maxx. Weighs 8.6 lbs AUW. Worked great and never got hot, actually I could hold the motor after 15+ minutes run time. That impressed me. Power was excellent on 4s 20c lipos. Here's some video going around the track.
    Tempting to try it out in my erevo.

I haven't ordered a setup yet. I was thinking of moving my MMP 2400 from my Sl4sh MT to my erevo, so I can run it until I get the MMM setup.
    Last edited by Strykeviper; 07-02-2012 at 11:42 PM.
    ERBE, Sl4sh MT, P4de, 1/16 Grave Digger 4x4

RC Qualifier
    It's lighter weight than the MMM and that's a +++ . If you already have one than put it in and see how you like it. It's nice to know what the truck weighs, but @ 8.6 lbs it hauled my 3906 and the temps were saying it could be geared up if more speed is needed.
    For 4s I think it's a great combo for a Revo and even better than the MMM. If you want to go 6s the MMM is a good choice but you'll find out that 6s is really tooo much power and things start breaking quick .