Thread: spartan esc

RC Competitor

spartan esc

hi stock esc has fried twice now still waiting for new esc from traxxas so bought the seaking180amp esc can i use stock motor until i have the funds for a leopard 4082 or will it fry the motor really quick or is there any better motors for the spartan.

RC Qualifier
    Yes the stock motor will work just fine. Make sure you program the seaking correctly for the batts you are going to run and the low voltage cutoff if you are running lipos. If you have any questions about programming just ask.

RC Competitor
    thanks sjs the problem i have is i run 2x2s=4s and 2x3s=6s will i need to set esc everytime i run on 4s and 6s or will it auto calculate it for me the instructions look straight forward what setting are you running yours on i was going to keep it as standard forward only and auto for lipo 3.2v low voltage unsure about the timing

RC Qualifier
    It will auto calculate the cells if you want. Always make sure the bats are fully charged so the ESC reads the correct amount of cells. I only run 6s so I have both boats set to 6 cells. I set mine for forward and reverse and I set the ESCs for 2.8 volts per cell for low voltage cut off. The 3.2 volt setting was leaving way to much power remaining in the bats. I also set the timing at 15 degrees which is the default setting.