Thread: new lipo user

new lipo user

ok so i have 4 new liops and a onyx 245 charger, ive never used lipos b4 so i want to know the basics b4 i mess with anything, so far i gathered dont over discharge, i have low voltage dection so im good rite? and store at 50% rite? any other advice? thanks alot!

RC Champion
    You want to store them at 3.85 volts a cell.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

ok thank you

RC Enthusiast
    Charge your batteries to 8.4V, no more, no less. If you are storing a lipo long-term discharge it, otherwise charge it to 8V for a week or two of storage.

RC Champion
    Read your little safety paper that comes with your battery. It will tell you all the do's and dont's for your speciric battery.
    Especially the max charge rate which varies.

Lipos are really not much different than NIMH. the biggest issue is overdischarging.
    Just like a nimh you Still have to charge it properly a d at a safe rate, still have to store it with some charge, still have to keep it out of water, still cant stab it or something, all that fun stuff.
    So I taped my hamster to the Pede..

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RCtecUSA View Post
    Charge your batteries to 8.4V, no more, no less. If you are storing a lipo long-term discharge it, otherwise charge it to 8V for a week or two of storage.
    Are you saying to discharge the lipo to like bellow 3.8v per cell for long term?? If so you must be mistaken with something else. When a lipo is stored it should be at 3.8v per cell for any period of time more than a few days.

Also pick up a little lipo tester/reader on ebay. They are like $3 on ebay and very useful
    So I taped my hamster to the Pede..

for 3 bucks i think i will thanks captain