Thread: spring question

RC Racer
    Tazewell Va. Were so small here in taz. that we only have 3 stop lights....and one is broke

spring question

i stopped at the lhs and got some new traxxas springs for my mini summit. i got the springs with the black paint dot. i went to put them on and they are noticeable shorter than my stock spring and do not fit my shock !!!! are the merv springs shorter than the mini summits??? the lhs said they were the same.....but obviously they are not because if i spin my shock down all the way the new springs looses all compression and has aproxx 5-8 mm of extra space. i then set 1 of each spring on the table standing up and .........yep .....shorter .....anyone else had this issue???? i really wanna try diff. springs but i dont want them to fall out if i run my shocks all the way down either. next i was gonna get the purple dot spring just to see how the ride changed....what set of srings do you guys run and y???

RC Qualifier
    Those are the merv springs. If you want it to sit higher buy blue springs.
    Cars: erevo vxl, 1/16 summit, stampede vxl, tmaxx

RC Racer
    Tazewell Va. Were so small here in taz. that we only have 3 stop lights....and one is broke
    what im trying to find is a hard spring?stiffer? is the blue spring stiffer and the same lenght as my stock springs???

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    MERV and Summit springs are different lengths.
    The shocks are the same, though.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.