RC Champion

To all who own an EZ peak plus

Give me a quick review on it if you may? Please?

Whats your favorite thing about it
    Whats your LEAST favorite thing about it
    How much did you pay for yours and where did you get it
    how accurately does it balance the battery cells (measured with a device other than the charger itself)

would you rather have got something else???

I was originally going to get the Dynamite Passport Ultra, but It is now $130 and I can get the EZ peak for almost HALF.
    And the EZ peak can still do a solid 6 amps since it has 80w. The Passport can only do 2 more amps without a direct power source which I am not interested in.
    So I taped my hamster to the Pede..

RC Competitor
    I purchased the ez peak plus about a month ago due to I was going lipo! I am a newbie to chargers and lipo's but this is why I chose the ez peak. I've had no complaints and charges each cell perfectly. It's easy to program and it charges pretty fast too. I also like the fact I can use it at home and in my truck since it has the 12v connectors built in. I recently purchased my second electric (summit) and just ordered the dual lipo charger adapter. All and all it's a great charge for the price. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RC Champion
    oh ya I forgot about that dual adapter dealeo, Im going to have to pick one of those up to. Then I should be able to charge 2 2s batteries at almost 1c rate
    So I taped my hamster to the Pede..

RC Champion
    I have the Dynamite Passport Ultra and we thinking about picking up the EZ Peak Plus cause the passport doesn't have a storage charge setting. I would like to properly care for my lipo's, plus the dual charger pack. Plan on getting an E-Maxx one day.
    Revo 2.5R T-Maxx 2.5
    1/16 Revo VXL QR-1 and DR-1

RC Champion
    Yeah I have a Passport Ultra too and would like to get a Traxxas charger, but I hate that the EZ Peak Plus is only capable of 6A. I want to be able to charge my Traxxas 2s 7600mAh packs at 1C, which I can with the Passport Ultra. I do miss having a storage setting though.

Oh and just so you know, with a dual charging adapter the Passport Ultra can charge 2 packs at once as well.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Enthusiast
    The EZ peak plus is an okay charger but ofcourse it is a bit weak at bigger lipos.
    Only 80w max. And discharge is even worse, max 10w.

Cant make any better than 5.2amps with my 2S SPC 2 x 8200mah and the dual charg adapter #2917

Yes, I want something bigger...
    Progressiverc dot com did recommend me the iCharger 306B (yes, 306B NOT a PL6..).
    Summit 1/10,dW
    Digger 1/16,2.4z,4wd,XL5,LED
    SPC

RC Champion
    I am still on nihms right now till they die and love the charger.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by pro mod steve View Post
    I am still on nihms right now till they die and love the charger.
    Can you charge 2 nihms at the same time?

RC poster
    Whats your favorite thing about it? It's quick for battery's less than 5800mAh , light weight, and portable.

Whats your LEAST favorite thing about it I have more than one complaint. The cooling fan comes to mind. Replacement looks difficult as the fan is glued in pretty good. The discharge rate is very slow. Unit should be stronger for larger battery's over 6000mAh. Not very accurate when charging, but very accurate when discharging to storage mode, go figure.

How much did you pay for yours and where did you get it I paid $85 shipped, and got it on amazon.com (can't remember the seller)

how accurately does it balance the battery cells (measured with a device other than the charger itself) Accuracy is a little off ( mine anyways ). If it displays 3.89v, it's more in line to be 3.84v. If discharging a battery, it's very accurate. Balancing is also pretty good. It can sometimes be off by as much as 0.011v on each cell.

Would you rather have got something else??? No. I would like to upgrade (if you can call it that) to a icharger 306b. Reason: I want to be able to charge bigger battery's (7600 7.4v/6400 11.1v/8400 11.1v ) faster.

RC Qualifier
    love everything about it, only BAD is the cooling fan is known for being noisy / dry bearings.

RC Racer
    I'm still familiarizing myself with it, since I've only rec'd my LiPo's today,

Favorite thing? Name, so you sort of feel you're getting some quality.

Least Favorite thing? So far it seems you can only charge to storage level at 2amps. Which kind of renders the charger a little useless to me. After a bash, chances are your LiPo's will be at LVC. You'll be wanting to charge them upto storage levels in preparation for the next time you want to bash. So that you can take them from storage voltage, to full. Well it would appear that the EZ Plus 6, doesn't let you do that in a timely manner, given it only lets you storage charge at 2amps. Also the discharge is slow, so you're kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. You'll probably not want to opt for storage charging since it'll be slooooooow.. And you'll almost certainly not want to get to full charge, and not use the batteries within the specified time of 30hrs - 48hrs. So it looks like you'll need to keep a careful eye on bringing it to a storage charge, via the balance charging it to 3.8v

Another thing I don't like, is that you're unable to tell the voltages without actually starting a charging session. It would be nice to have that in a menu, plug in, press a button, see where you're at.. But nope, you have to actually start a charge.

Paid $85 + tax from the LHS.

Do I wish i got something else? Well probably seeing that its doing the above.. I'll see if i can live with it for a couple of weeks. If not I'll sell it on eBay, and cut my losses, and move on to bigger and better things.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTAIN SPEED. View Post
    Give me a quick review on it if you may? Please?

Whats your favorite thing about it
    Whats your LEAST favorite thing about it
    How much did you pay for yours and where did you get it
    how accurately does it balance the battery cells (measured with a device other than the charger itself)

would you rather have got something else???

I was originally going to get the Dynamite Passport Ultra, but It is now $130 and I can get the EZ peak for almost HALF.
    And the EZ peak can still do a solid 6 amps since it has 80w. The Passport can only do 2 more amps without a direct power source which I am not interested in.

RC Qualifier
    Its ok. This is my 1st charger that Charges a few different types of batteries. I have a older charger that just charges nimh/nicad batteries and still works good. Its nice to have a charger that charges nimh/lipo/life/Lilon/NiCd/Pb batteries. I'll only be using nimh & lipo for now. What I don't like is its really slow for discharging, especially when cycling batteries I guess its to keep batteries from overheating but it should be discharging at at least 1-1.5 amps you would think but it sets the discharge really low. Anyway I plan on mostly charging then using up the battery to a low enough level when running my slash 4x4. Its rare that I charge up batteries and not be able to use them up.

RC Qualifier
    Its a good charger but I'd do some looking around before getting a ez peak plus. There might be something out there that may cost a little more but have better control on setting for nimh charging or cycling batteries or discharge rates

Quote Originally Posted by guy45ot View Post
    Its ok. This is my 1st charger that Charges a few different types of batteries. I have a older charger that just charges nimh/nicad batteries and still works good. Its nice to have a charger that charges nimh/lipo/life/Lilon/NiCd/Pb batteries. I'll only be using nimh & lipo for now. What I don't like is its really slow for discharging, especially when cycling batteries I guess its to keep batteries from overheating but it should be discharging at at least 1-1.5 amps you would think but it sets the discharge really low. Anyway I plan on mostly charging then using up the battery to a low enough level when running my slash 4x4. Its rare that I charge up batteries and not be able to use them up.
    Discharge rates are less governed by battery properties than by charger heatsink size. Unless you are performing regenerative discharging, the battery energy is converted to heat. Typically chargers with aluminum cases and/or which have large, heavy heatsinks have greater discharge abilities.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    I paid $80 for my first, the $732 for the two more I got...
    I don't like that it has the gator clips that are hot when charging, they should of made those removable...

As you can see I have 3, I know how it works, and it's easy to use. I could of gone cheaper and got the dual charger adapter but I still don't understand how that part works... I wish I could charge up to at least 10 amps, forget about dis-charging... I had something built for that.....
    I picked all 3 of mine off EBay...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasERBE View Post
    I don't like that it has the gator clips that are hot when charging, they should of made those removable...

As you can see I have 3, I know how it works, and it's easy to use. I could of gone cheaper and got the dual charger adapter but I still don't understand how that part works... I wish I could charge up to at least 10 amps, forget about dis-charging... I had something built for that.....
    Not sure what I was saying there but I think I meant I got 2 more for $73.20... I still cannot have a discharge rating greater than .7 amps which then it takes 225+ minutes to get them down.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasERBE View Post

Are you talking about the non removable wire with alligator clips? Those aren't hot. They're for connecting to a DC power source. If you're connecting the charger to A/C those should not have any voltage on them.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.