Thread: E-revo ESC dead

RC Competitor

E-revo ESC dead

Hi guys today i was running with my e-revo when suddenly he turn around, well no problem with that but when i pressed the tqi the car was dead. After that i got home and checked the lipos 6s, each one seems to be ok they had 4.0 each cell. I turned them again and turned the car esc on but it simply doesn't give any sound and it seems to be dead and the sparkle when i connect the esc cables to the batteries they seem a little weak comparing with other times i connect them. What could this be??? The car has 4 months now.

Note: i upgraded the tqi receiver and transmitter via Traxxaslink TODAY TO THE NEW VERSION.

PLEASE HELP
    Last edited by freddy_ventura; 06-29-2012 at 03:54 PM.

RC Competitor
    Please help....

RC Qualifier
    does your esc to reciever cable have a plastic nob on one side to make sure the cable doesnt get put in backwards?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by eschmitt4 View Post
    does your esc to reciever cable have a plastic nob on one side to make sure the cable doesnt get put in backwards?
    Im not sure what you mean but i post the pics.
    I tried to connect the esc to the computer and it works fine i can make adjustments. But if i connect the lipos the esc has no lights no beep nothing its like is dead. But the second batterie when im connecting it sparckles has normal.

Last edited by freddy_ventura; 06-29-2012 at 05:32 PM.

RC Qualifier
    same thing happened to me yesterday. after a perfect run the other day, i switched on my esc and nothing happens, no beeeps, no lights. not a thing changed, no cables, not batteries.

I guess we are just asking, to anyone who has experienced this before, does this mean the esc has died? i think i already know the answer, just want to hear it from someone else.

(if so, did castle replace your esc?)

RC Qualifier
    ya try switching your esc cable around (make it do a 180 degree turn in its port on your reciever) that might work
    the other thing it could be is your esc's ON/OFF switch is bad, iv heard that they aren't reliable.
    also no, i do not have first hand experience with a mamba monster but i have had problems like this with other esc's in the past

Quote Originally Posted by varunaX View Post
    same thing happened to me yesterday. after a perfect run the other day, i switched on my esc and nothing happens, no beeeps, no lights. not a thing changed, no cables, not batteries.

I guess we are just asking, to anyone who has experienced this before, does this mean the esc has died? i think i already know the answer, just want to hear it from someone else.

(if so, did castle replace your esc?)
    For you try hooking it up to Castle Link or field card. See if it will link up.

Freddy
    Sounds link you have the ESC wire in backwards. Like started turn it around, brown out (or the darkest wire) goes to the outer edge of the Rx.......

Edit if I remember only the servo wires have the Tab on the connector so it can't be pluged in backwards, the ESC does not.. the little tabby..
    Last edited by 87 GN; 06-30-2012 at 10:02 AM. Reason: now I cant spill
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Competitor
    Guys i took my ESC to the hobby store and they replaced for a new one on the sec. So im a happy guy. Anyway i would like to share other thing when the ESC died when the car turned around. I have a Castle Creations FAN attached to my motor and one of the blades was broken, other thing that im suspecting is that my e-revo is full telemetry and with the motor fan it consomes more power since i heard in some foruns that the esc is rated 1amp for servos etc maybe this could affect the ESC. I saw this video on youtube and i think that this guy problem maybe, maybe can be something similar with what happen to me.
    Anyway my problem is solved with warranty. And everything is working good now but i disconnected the motor fan.

And thanks again to everyone that helped here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS8qe...ure=plpp_video
    Last edited by freddy_ventura; 06-30-2012 at 04:49 PM.

RC Qualifier
    fixed mine. it was the on/off switch.

i bit the bullet and cut the wires on the switch. removed the on/off switch, stripped the 2 wires, wound the ends together, soldered them, plugged in the batts and heard beeps.

hopefully this can help others.

Mine was the same as varunaX...it was the switch. Cut it off and soldered the wires together with no issue.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Not a big fan of the on/off switch I have only used it a couple times.I was told from day one that it wouldn't last.Glad you got it repaired with no hastle
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Competitor
    Only had my ERBE a little over a week and my switch died. Just stripped the wires and installed a toggle in its place. Glad it wasnt the ESC!
    ERBE, XO-1

RC Qualifier
    How did you know it was the switch that died?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by varunaX View Post
    How did you know it was the switch that died?
    I pulled the ESC out and stripped just a tiny bit on each wire right near where it solders to the switch. Then I took a small screwdriver and completed the circuit and turned it on and it turned on like it should verifying the bad switch. Then I just stripped the wires and soldered on a new switch I had laying around.
    ERBE, XO-1