Question LED roof lightbar and LED kit - When???

Dear Traxxas,

20 months ago the 1/16 Summit was released... And there's still no news about the LED roof lightbar and LED kit...

I think we've been patient enough... I'm requesting a formal answer from a Traxxas employee about this...

Thanks!

Daniel.

#7286 External BEC, LED lights

#7285 LED light kit, 1/16th Summit (includes chrome LED lightbar, light harness assembly (8 clear lights, 2 red lights), external BEC, wire ties)

#7287 LED lightbar, roof (chrome, 4 clear lights)

#7289 LED lights, front harness (4 clear lights) (1)/ wire tie (3)

#7288 LED lights, rear harness (2 red lights) (1)/ wire tie (3)
    He who dies with the most toys wins !!!

RC Qualifier
    Gee i wish i knew.
    Cars: erevo vxl, 1/16 summit, stampede vxl, tmaxx

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I second this, Daniel!
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

Thanks Jimmie! This was my original thread back in 2010...

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...many-What-size

Bump.. 15 more days...

RC Racer
    i would also like to know whats going on with those lights?! i mean the larger one came with them! why cant they just let us have them yet?

Bump... 1 more month...

RC poster
    If I'll get a summit body for my Revo, I'll drill that lightbar and install LEDs.
    As for bumper, I've soldered them myself. 2-chrystal LED's and 100 ohm resistors, one per each LED. Connected to BEC, as I drive both 2s and 3s, and want to have the same brightness.

Very nice, but that's not the point of this thread... Drilling the light bar and installing a third party LEDs system is not what we're asking for here... Thanks for staying on topic!
    Last edited by danielhr77; 08-19-2012 at 10:12 PM.

RC Racer
    Been trying to call customer service to ask as the parts list suggests and keep getting the "All circuits are busy" message. Just came here looking for the same info and saw your thread. This question has been lingering here for quite a while now. If I am able to eventually get through and get a real answer, I'll post it up. A guy would think that this being a Traxxas forum owned by the company that maybe someone from the company would occasionally chime in on this type of inquiry with an informational response. How about a mod maybe trying to pull the info for us? Thanks.
    Tekno wing mount, Pro-Line wing, Maximizer X-75s, and Maxx Mashers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick's Revo View Post
    This question has been lingering here for quite a while now.
    Try 2 years... Can you believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick's Revo View Post
    A guy would think that this being a Traxxas forum owned by the company that maybe someone from the company would occasionally chime in on this type of inquiry with an informational response.
    That person is called PeterV... I sent him like 4 or 5 emails about this over the past 2 years, he choose to give me the silence treatement...

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    Try 2 years... Can you believe that?

That person is called PeterV... I sent him like 4 or 5 emails about this over the past 2 years, he choose to give me the silence treatement...
    Danielhr77, Just wanted to let you know that I saw your post. At this time, we do not have a release date available on the parts you have requested.

I could swear I replied to you at least once, but hey, if you didn't get a reply, then you didn't get a reply--if I emailed and it just went into cyberspace somewhere, that's MY problem, not yours. And sorry about that.

Daniel, I will get you the scoop. I try to reply to ALL requests within 24 months.

Pete

Thank you so much for the answer! And, I apologize if I sounded hard, lights are a big part of my RCs.
    Last edited by danielhr77; 08-21-2012 at 05:03 PM.

I'm pretty sure that expecting a response within two years isn't exactly setting the bar too high. All good brother.

RC Qualifier
    Did this to my buddies summit. All for less than 10 bucks . On/off switch and batteries holder mounted to underside of body.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by BomberSTi View Post
    Did this to my buddies summit. All for less than 10 bucks . On/off switch and batteries holder mounted to underside of body.
    Nice, but please, read post 9 of this thread... Thanks!

As so often happens, the light bar is a small project that has been pushed back (a few times!) for larger projects. There are many, many cool little things que'd up just waiting their turn. But you don't know about them, so you aren't wondering where they are. In the case of the light bar, however, we DID tell you about it. And then, just keeeeeeep waiting. I hear it's getting back on the front burner, so hopefully we'll have them soon. Email me for an update if I don't post here.

I promise to get back to you by 2014.

Pete

Hello Pete, thank you very much for the update! I understand about priority and I know this is a business and some things come first than others. But, also, please, understand, how we feel when you tell us about something cool and then it's stays in the dark for a few months or years. I don't know if it's only me or not, but almost everyday I wake up and look if that particular part (any of the ones you told us before) was released for me to buy it now. It's like you know Santa is coming, but he never does. I also understand that being the first to announce something new into the market is crucial although it might takes some months to actually release it. So, I understand, trust me, I'm a huge fan of Traxxas (over 50 trucks now and too much money spent on other things) and I wish the very best for all of you. And, if you ever need a hand and you think I might be able to help, just let me know. I might be a grinch and sometimes I might talk too much, but in the end, I'm just trying to make things better. Looking forward to see new releases soon and have a nice weekend!

RC Qualifier
    You better make a lot because it's on lots of other forums too. As far as getting someone's attention just mention a brand they don't like in your MSG they will respond real fast. Customer service took the same blow as the economy def not the reps fault. That's controlled by the R&D director and the budget. What's going to make more. If they only knew they would make more off of producing something simple instead of a whole new model. I guess that's just old school marketing though. That's my dumb rant. I still love traxxas n will buy two as soon as they Come out because it's traxxas it'll be pretty good.
    BB MERV/550 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot

RC poster
    Can you please send me pics and let me know how to do that?

abram.greene@gmail.com

Thanks