RC Competitor

Question E-Revo TQi Receiver Issue? Video Inside | Please help!

Hi, I'm having intermittent issues with my new TQi transmitter or receiver... I'm thinking it might be my receiver that's faulty. When I turn left/right quickly my receiver light goes from green to red and it's as if I lose signal? Any ideas what this could be?

Here's a video I uploaded outlining the issue.

Tks for looking

RC poster
    I had the same problem with mine you can call castle because it is the bec supplying the power to the reciever that is the problem not the tqi. You could also install a spektrum Spm 1600 voltage protector on the reciever(not to a telemetry port) and make sure you have not raised the bec voltage setting in the esc from the factory 5.5 volts. Raising the bec voltage for me made the problem worse. This completely got rid of the problem for me. Till i got the spm 1600 i just ran it with one servo( just unpluged from reciever and removed the link from the servo and left it in the truck). The servos were adjusted correctly with no humming so that is not the problem. Hope this helps.

RC Competitor
    Thanks Tinker, I have an old TQ receiver that I'm going to pop in w old radio if I have same issue I know it's BEC and may just send it in. Do you think the $20 Castle BEC will eliminate issue? I was thinking about buying the seperate BEC anyway to push 6V to my new JR 8711 steering servo.

RC poster
    I am not sure about adding the bec because i have never done it . Maybey somebody that has will chime in with info.

RC Competitor
    I plugged in my old receiver (TQ) and works 100% with new E-Revo same ESC as before, here's the video.

right rear tire is on backwards switch two tires, right front is correct. I did not hear the servos hummming, so you must have adjusted them? Try unhooking one servo & test again see if you have the same prob, then try the other servo by it's self..
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Competitor
    Hi 87, I did switch tires earlier today, tks for pointing that out. I got RMA number from Traxxas mailed in TQi receiver today, have old one working Getting my JR 8711 servo Saturday can't wait to drop it in to see difference specially with big Trencher X's