RC Racer
    Tazewell Va. Were so small here in taz. that we only have 3 stop lights....and one is broke

Integy parts whats the deal???

whats the deal with Integy parts? im new to this so i guess im a little (LOT) uninformed. Integy has a ton of parts but I hear (read) alot of people say they are junk? Whats the deal? Is it because they are a big company and people dont like BIG corporations or do the parts just suck? If they suck howd the company get sooooo big and have such a LARGE parts list? what other company\brand has a compareable parts inventory? what brands are better??? i want to do lots of upgrades but i dont want to end up with junk. whats the best brand and why are they better???

RC Champion
    ive never had any problem whatsoever with any integy part. but i know everyone will tell you there side. just no aluminum arms. they bend
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Champion
    I've heard bad things but still haven't tried any of there stuff. My opinion: don't hate on them till you try them

RC Racer
    Tazewell Va. Were so small here in taz. that we only have 3 stop lights....and one is broke
    so +1 integy competitors 0 ............................. what abt. aluminum axle carriers....ive already split my stock traxxas ones ....pulled the balls right out the back.....btw i just ordered the alum. stage 1 kit from integy

RC Qualifier
    The biggest problem with integy is that their parts are cast, not milled or forged from a solid piece of aluminum. When you cast a part it tends to get air bubbles in the aluminum thus lowering the strength of the part. Also they do not use high grade aluminum so their stuff tends to bend or break. Don't let anyone tell you what to buy, if you like it, buy it, if it breaks you can form your own opinion about integy.

Axle carriers: go with GH -Golden Horizons or HR -Hot Racing
    Last edited by Maxximum Overdive; 06-27-2012 at 05:39 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxximum Overdive View Post
    The biggest problem with integy is that their parts are cast, not milled or forged from a solid piece of aluminum. When you cast a part it tends to get air bubbles in the aluminum thus lowering the strength of the part. Also they do not use high grade aluminum so their stuff tends to bend or break. Don't let anyone tell you what to buy, if you like it, buy it, if it breaks you can form your own opinion about integy.

Axle carriers: go with GH -Golden Horizons or HR -Hot Racing
    +1 on this one.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Racer
    Thanks again maxximum overdrive. You answered one of my other posts too. You seem to know your stuff. mostly im looking for suggestions from experienced people. Not so much to tell me what to buy but more why or why not you would by something. Ive got a good job and make ok money but ive got 3 kids and a grandchild on the way so money is a factor. I dont want to waste any. But i dont mind paying the big bucks if the product is good. Unfortuanately..... i have NO prior experience with any of these companies or products so im depending on all of you guys to inform me a little befor I make a purchase. From the sounds of it I may have already blown some money.... I broke an axle carrier on my 4th or 5th battery charge (and an axle now) so I replaced it with stock parts from traxxas (thats all the lhs had in stock) and ordered a 100.00 stage 1 setup from integy to replace all of my carriers and a arms. Now I hear that integy uses crappy alluminum... ;( live and learn... I get that.... I just prefer n ot to waste much money in the process!!!!

RC Qualifier
    I just recently got some 17mm hex extender for my EMBE, they aren't cast aluminum. Nice pieces. Fit perfectly and took care of the wheel wobble I had with the Traxxas 17mm hexes. Only experience I've had with Integy. They make good tools and springs from what I've read, but no personal experience.
    FLM EMBE, P4de "Digger", Slash MT, Rustler/P4de

RC Racer
    17 mm hex extenders????? Im a newbie...... whats a hex extender and how does it fix wheel wobble???? sorry for the dumb question....

RC Qualifier
    You cannot use 17 mm extenders on the Mini Summit. He put them on his EMBE (Emaxx Brushless Edition). The 17mm "Hex extenders" are actually adapters that allow you to run 17mm wheels that have a larger hub than the original 14mm. It's supposed to be stronger than the original 14mm a lot of the big trucks came with, but over time the 17mm hex adapters start to wear down and wobble. This is what they look http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-5353...item3f186d57e4

Also, just run your intgey stuff until it breaks, who knows, you may get a good batch! When I broke my axles, I just went with the Mini Revo shafts, it will take a tiny bit of your height away but it is a waaay stronger design.

If need any help just PM me ill be more than happy to help.
    Last edited by Maxximum Overdive; 06-28-2012 at 10:41 AM.