RC Qualifier

Cool Whats your worst crash?

Whats the worst crash that has ever happened to you?I have three with all different cars.

1:Revo 3.3
    I and my friends were driving my Revo 3.3 at a construction site and I was getting to confident and I thought sincere there was gravel and dust track that I could drift around the corner.....unfortunately I didnt instead I over shot the turn and went full speed onto a concrete pipe and ripped off the front left wheel completely!I and my friends could do nothing but laugh.

2:Slash 4x4
    I and my friends were driving my Slash 4x4 on the road and there is a straight and then a very slight but long turn and I started talking to my friend while not looking at the truck (bad idea)and then suddenly my friend shouted my name I hade a quick glimpse at my truck before it went full speed on 2s into a bench and it ripped the a-arm off my stomach turned as I saw it happen but the damage wasnt as great as I thought it would be but thats because its made by Traxxas

3:None Traxxas on road car
    It was my first nitro RC car and I really liked it but the only problem was that it was not 2.4ghz system and when the batteries died it took off full speed into a car wheel and the sound of it was heart breaking all I could do was think of the worst and it was new enough and the body was around 100 euros worth and the front was destroyed but no parts were broken thankfully.

So whats the worst crash you have ever had?

RC Champion
    Worst...I d'nkow, most expensive.. Easy - head on into my own MERV driven by my son - took 2 wheels off MERV, two hubs broken, tie bars bent, uprated steel CVDs bent on MERV, front differential & servo x 2 (was running dual servo mod) destroyed on MERV and esc cracked on MERV - slash 4x4 just broke a tie bar linkage - slash is back on the dirt, MERV still waiting repair
    Time I enjoy wasting is not time wasted

RC Qualifier
    Haha the Slash 4x4 is very durable!

RC Qualifier
    Driving my Slayer pro in a parking lot and my throttle/brake servo went out. Was probably doing 25-30 mph and it wedged itself underneath a parked car. It took me and another guy lifting the car to get it out. It only crinkled the body. No damage to anything else.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Competitor
    Drove my slash 4x4 into a parked car's front wheel head on. Was probably going 45-50mph. Lost a tire, chasis, both arms, front diff, shock tower, tie rods,one axel.

Sent from my Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

driving my slash 4x4 in a big open parking lot with street tires. I was probably going over 80 mph and was too far away to see the pothole i hit and it sent me into a cartwheel that must have cartwheeled my truck 100 times. it just wasn't losing any momentum...it kept cartwheeling probably 60 yards or more until it hit a tree. all i broke was a battery post. my buddy was there and witnessed it. he was floored that that's all that happend. i was too.
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC poster
    i did the same thing with my new tmaxx 3.3 a few years back.me and my buddy both bought one at the same time.we were at a parking lot at night doing the brake in period.after the fifth tank i was doing some high speed wheels lol and full boar into a parked truck tire ripped both tires off and upper and lower arms on the same side.not to forget about the four shocks parts everywere lol.took awhile for parts cause it was the new design at the time.never did that again lol.and yeah im happy with my slash 4x4 its tough but had some issues with the motor but thats it and i bash it hard lol.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah the only thing I dislike about the slash is the motor and esc.

RC Competitor
    my worst crash was with my slash 4x4, on 3s geared 18/54, hit a curb going fast, but not full speed, broke the front bulhead, broke the front of the chassis, broke the front drive hub and bent the aluminum roll bar so bad i havent been able to get it straight.

RC Qualifier
    Going 40mph on sidewalk, hit a fire hydrant broke both front a arms, castors, cracked the body and broke the bumper
    Rustler Vxl,Slash 2WD,Slash 4X4,SPC Lipos

RC Enthusiast
    It's a traxxas . I have only broke my body bashing hard .
    Summit - Nothing .
    Firestorm - everything
    Slash 4x4 2650kv sirius(castle) mip's
    Summit

RC Competitor
    This one put me out of commission for quite a while. MMP 2400 on 3s full speed into a car tire. Front A-arm, front shock tower, bent center drive shaft, folded over chassis, bent front Tekno half shaft and front bumber....wait, nope. The RPM front bumber survived! LOL RPM light canisters and LED lights were all intact! Tough little buggers!
    My money pits:
    Slash 4x4 Ultimate
    Losi XXX-T MF2

RC Champion
    I was goin 75 mph into a slight turn, clipped the curb, tore of front right a arm, bulkead, battery post and my 4s cracked out of the holder.
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Racer
    i thank god i havent crash yet at full speed doin 74mph....

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by sbinqnz View Post
    i thank god i havent crash yet at full speed doin 74mph....
    Jinx... Better know on some wood.
    My money pits:
    Slash 4x4 Ultimate
    Losi XXX-T MF2

RC poster
    Not my worst crash ever, but at least the end result was somewhat funny.

No damage besides a warped rim. And got some great ideas for Xmas decorations.

RC Competitor
    when i was doing 80+mph and the pinion fell out and i had no control of the brakes and the truck went to an intersection and got ran over by a truck broke many parts that day to many to list btw i was running 5s with a mamba 2200 kv

RC Qualifier
    1. Found a HUGE bmx jump and hit it at full throttle with my mini e revo. I flew about 16 feet into the air and landed with a smack on hard dirt. The only thing holding the rear end to the rest of the car was the driveshaft.

2. Hit a rock wall head on at full speed with my stampede VXl, broke the two tabs on the chassis that go past the front shock tower
    Brushless Summit!!!!!
    Slash 4x4

RC poster
    Ditto. First drive of the Slash VXL with no body since I hadn't painted it yet. Full speed head on into the tire of a minivan. Snap. Broken chassis, front bulkhead, front driveshaft gear and a small steering part. All of $35 for the parts, but an expensive 5 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by EarleD View Post
    Drove my slash 4x4 into a parked car's front wheel head on. Was probably going 45-50mph. Lost a tire, chasis, both arms, front diff, shock tower, tie rods,one axel.

Sent from my Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    Had a wheel fly off at 70 mph, car went crazy and ended up on its roof 100m down the road

Only damage was a toe link

Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

Got my slash 4x4 3 months ago on my birthday and that morning before school I tryed it and I wasn't used to brushless.... Ran full on into one of the large landscaping rocks... Shock oil everywheres broken a-arm and indented body , bent shock shaft..... Lol I told my mom I was driving normal and it just broke... I popped the body back and didn't say nothing bout the shock shaft then I got replacements that night
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Screwing around in a parking lot I hit the end of a loading ramp that I was jumping on the return and broke a front control arm.
    I was at almost full speed on 2s Lipo with stock gearing at the time.
    Only other bad crash I have had so far was a bad lading that resulted in a cartwheel that caused 1 bent shock and 1 broken shock cap.
    Last edited by Badmunky; 08-20-2012 at 06:26 PM.

RC Champion
    I was being stupid at night in the dark with my Rustler VXL and accidentally drove full speed (about 40mph) into a fence post/bush. I hit it dead center. Both a arms and camber links broke and flew forward on either side of the fence post and the only thing holding it all together was the toe links. I kept running until it wouldn't move anymore.

RC Qualifier
    About mid 50's mph and flipped backwards and cartwheeled about 20 times. Ripped out 2 rear body posts through my lid and broke my rear bumper. Thought it would be alot worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    slash 4x4 on 3s full throttle into the back of my dads ankle. only a hairline fracture and in a boot for 6 months, funny to me not to him. he was standing right next to the jump so i couldn't control it.