RC Qualifier

Traxxas Slash 1/16 VXL

Hi, I am new to the forums (but not to traxxas) and I just wanted to know a few things before I get a new slash 1/16 VXL. I've had a traxxas slash 2wd (the original edition of the slash) for about 3 or 4 years now, because I got it when I was about 9, and now I'm looking for something a bit faster and maybe 4x4 so I looked at the new traxxas which is 550$ and it was a bit expensive so I found the traxxas slash mini 1/16 VXL and I'm getting that now. I went down to my local hobby store yesterday (just happens to be the most famous hobby store in the whole of Australia) and sell traxxas but only had the summit, the bandit and the spartan (boat) so I asked them when they would next have it and they said in two days (tomorrow now) and I was wondering if there was any parts I might want to buy to replace certain bits of it because I've heard the servos not that good. Also any parts similar to RPM.

Any help would be much apreciated! -hammertron2000
    Last edited by hammertron2000; 06-26-2012 at 03:17 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I forget to mention, what replacement servo would work well

Does anyone know whether integy parts are any good?

Because I was thinking of getting some integy parts For my car like some new bumpers and skid plates etc.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 06-26-2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: merge

RC Enthusiast
    Avoid like the plague .
    Stop bumping every 10 min's also
    Wrong section also
    Slash 4x4 2650kv sirius(castle) mip's
    Summit

RC Qualifier
    Sorry, and if I might add, what is bumping? (I might sound like a bit of a noob)

RC Enthusiast
    No problem matey
    Where you post to get the thread to the top of a page .
    Slash 4x4 2650kv sirius(castle) mip's
    Summit

RC Qualifier
    Oh, that's not what I was trying to do though but I'll stop posting unnessacary posts

RC Qualifier
    Stay away from integy!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys for the help but I still need to know what would be a good replacement servo for my mini slash

RC Qualifier
    You would probably get more help and advice in the slash mini thread.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by hammertron2000 View Post
    Hi, I am new to the forums (but not to traxxas) and I just wanted to know a few things before I get a new slash 1/16 VXL. I've had a traxxas slash 2wd (the original edition of the slash) for about 3 or 4 years now, because I got it when I was about 9, and now I'm looking for something a bit faster and maybe 4x4 so I looked at the new traxxas which is 550$ and it was a bit expensive so I found the traxxas slash mini 1/16 VXL and I'm getting that now. I went down to my local hobby store yesterday (just happens to be the most famous hobby store in the whole of Australia) and sell traxxas but only had the summit, the bandit and the spartan (boat) so I asked them when they would next have it and they said in two days (tomorrow now) and I was wondering if there was any parts I might want to buy to replace certain bits of it because I've heard the servos not that good. Also any parts similar to RPM.

Any help would be much apreciated! -hammertron2000
    Right, can't quiet work this out but I think you are saying you want a 1:16 4x4 Slash - in which case you need to ask for advice in the 1:16 MERV and slash thread HOWEVER from personal experience I'm just going to give you a bit of advice - think very carefully about NOT getting one - most slash 1:16 4x4 owners quickly convert to a 1:16 MERV (easy cheap conversion) because the 1:16 slash 4:4 is a little unstable. I have a MERV (same basics as a slash 1:16 4x4) and TBH hardly ever use it - the 1:10 is just so much more fun and MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, more durable - even though the initial outlay is more I reckon I've spent less on my 1:10 slash 4x4 than my 1:16 and Definitely had more fun time/run time compared with down time (for repairs).

I loved the look of the 1:16 slash and was considering converting my MERV that way but enjoying my 1:10 so much I think, for the money, I'd rather get another 2nd hand 4x4 1:10 or a 2wd 1:10 slash

If you insist on getting a 1:16 AVOID integy parts, stick with RPM - only need A-Arms, if they do them. Avoid aluminium, except wheel hubs - RPM Good alternative
    Time I enjoy wasting is not time wasted

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Ben for the advice, I'll look into it

RC Racer
    just go search up on top 1/16 slash upgrade. i would suggest searching 1/16 revo upgrades since that is more popular. and the upgrades can cross between them just different sizes. but you should get alot of threads.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the advice multidooki

RC Qualifier
    I would strongly consider not getting a 1/16th theyre just not as fun *** 10th scales, the slash 4x4 is 389.99 at my lhs? I would recommend the 1/10 4x4 slash! wont regret it man trust me
    Rustler Vxl,Slash 2WD,Slash 4X4,SPC Lipos

RC Qualifier
    I got the 1/16 slash VXL yesterday and I absolutely LOVE it. I bought duel batteries and replaced the pinion gear for 50 mph+

Ps. Hey falcon, in Australia traxxas are really expensive and my traxxas slash 1/16 cost me 500 dollars!!! The slash 1/10 scale costs 750 dollars!!! My brother bought the slayer 4x4 pro which was 750 dollars also.

RC Champion
    Ok, so you bought the 1:16 - time to ask questions in the 1:16 section now - they are completely different set up - you'll get much more useful advice there - see you back here when you decide to go 1:10 ;0)

Ps uk prices are near enough the same - sucks, but getting parts is even more difficult - expensive and rare

Enjoy you new truck ;0)
    Time I enjoy wasting is not time wasted

RC Qualifier
    Luckily, for me and my brother the parts aren't to hard because we live in Melbourne and in the city there's Australia's best Hobby shop. It's the best place.