RC Racer

Today's bash results (6/24/12)

The day started off with me picking up a couple of my buddies and heading to the LHS. I got a new RPM front shock tower (as i had a little problem the day before with a screw pulling out) and a new proline silverado body. Got to my friends shop and painted and stickered the body. Then the bashing began. Some big/long jumps, a couple drag races and a few games of tag later we pulled back into the shop. Only problem I had is a shock screw and both rear body mount screws pulled out. This seems to be the only problem I've been having with my truck since it's been done. Will a new screw set fix this? Is there any fix? Any help would be great. -Garrett
    Slash 4X4
    8ight-T 2.0 (E-Coversion)

RC Qualifier
    Tekno sells a shock screw kit. Wouldn't be hard to make your own either. Longer bolt and a nut on the back.

RC Champion
    Gotta love being able to go bash with friends...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

I would put some blue loctite on the shock mount threads to help it hold. I don't know about the body mounts... those are plastic and I've never tried loctite on plastic. You might try a larger diameter screw.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    My RPM shock towers are plastic along with the RPM control arms and that's where the screws are pulling out of. Does anyone know if the sets from RC screwz or anyone else are slightly larger in diameter? I just don't know how to keep these screws in aside from not rolling it ever, Haha.
    Slash 4X4
    8ight-T 2.0 (E-Coversion)

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    I would put some blue loctite on the shock mount threads to help it hold. I don't know about the body mounts... those are plastic and I've never tried loctite on plastic. You might try a larger diameter screw.
    Blue loctite works on screws in rpm and stock plastic - been using it for a while - useful when the tread finally give up (not uncommon in stock bulkhead)
    Time I enjoy wasting is not time wasted