RC Competitor

slash 4x4 wont move

I have a slash its probably 4-5 months old. its my basher truck i mean i beat the **** outta this thing and let me tell you traxxas made a **** of a truck. now after 5 months of serious bashing im having some trouble and i cant figure it out. when i put a fresh lipo in and i give it throttle it doesn't do anything i have steering the motor just makes this high pitched whine noise. but once i go up to it and give it a push it will take right off. i have cleaned the truck including connections i checked the connections on the motor all are solid and i even bought a new lipo and it still does this. i am lost any help would be great.

thanks in advance

BRIAN

RC poster
    Sounds like your slipper clutch is too loose.

RC Competitor
    i took the spur/pinion cover off and it doesnt spin when i give it throttle. but once i take the motor out and have zero load on it it will spin when i give it throttle. in forwards and reverse i dont get it and i just checked my slipper it is good.

RC Qualifier
    Call traxxas or upgrade to a different motor/esc. You separated the magnet from the rotor from overheating the motor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ERBE, Sl4sh MT, P4de, 1/16 Grave Digger 4x4

RC Competitor
    will traxxas send me a new motor system for free? thats weird because i have never thermal shutdown my motor.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by skinindustries1 View Post
    will traxxas send me a new motor system for free? thats weird because i have never thermal shutdown my motor.
    If it is in warranty they will replace it for free.

There is no thermal shutdown on the motor, only on the esc.

RC Qualifier
    Do you have the plastic or aluminum bearing guide on the slipper? Before I swapped to aluminum, I melted the plastic and no matter how tight it would squeal.

Have you checked the rest of your driveline? It sounds like there is a transmission/drive shaft problem, or bad slipper clutch.

With the motor out, turn the tires and tell us if the spur gear turns as a result.

Sent from the cockpit of my Jeep Wrangler
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Competitor
    driveline is fine. and its not a squeal from the slipper slipping its a whine coming from the motor itself. my spur gear is brand new along with my pinion all drivetrain parts are good i just did a clean and fix/tighten everything along with an inspection. all parts are good. like i said before the whine is coming from the motor itself when its in the truck i have to nudge it to get it to go but once its removed and i hold the motor in my hand and give it throttle it goes no problem.

RC poster
    i just had that happen to me and its the magnet seperated from the rotor shaft and u cant get a new rotor shaft so i bought a new motor.rotor shaft rebuild was back orderd everywhere i think its a problem lol.best thing is to upgrade to a castle motor and esc combo stock vxl has heating issues for the 4x4 works alright on my 2wd slash.

RC Qualifier
    same happened to me. magnet separated from shaft. got a new one for free from traxxas thankfully. i bought a castle 2400 system and sold the motor and esc to offset the cost of my upgrade.

RC Competitor
    well i just got off the phone with traxxas this morning. I told them about the magnet separation and they told me to send it in and they wil look at and fix it for 50 bucks and i have to pay 35 for a new ESC plus 10 dollars shipping both ways what the heck! as far as i know doesnt this fall under a mechanical failure? need less to say im upgrading to a new system, i thought traxxas had good customer service why are they making me pay 95 dollars???

RC Qualifier
    You probably don't need a new esc. They charge you to replace it if you are past 30 days since it was new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk