RC poster

Noob needs help w/Lipo

Hi all,

Total noob here in the RC world and would like some advice on taking care of my Lipo battery. Battery is a Traxxas Power Cell 4000MAH 7.4v I also have the EZ Peak Plus charger. Here are a few of my questions:

1. If the battery is not going to be used for a few days or possibly a week or two, what do i do to it? Charge it fully, leave it drained or what?

2. I've read some other posts and have come to the conclusion that Balance Charging is the best, right?

3. What is the best Lipo for my truck which is a Stampede 4x4 VXL Brushless?

Thanks for helping a noob out.

RC Champion
    1. Use the storage setting on the charger to charge/discharge each cell to 3.8v, around 7.6v total for your 2s pack.

2. You are correct, you should always balance when charging.
    Revo.27TX/Jato.18/Maxx523/Maxx3.3/GMAXX/Rusty/ERBE

The first to are correctly given.
    3. whatevery lipo you want will work for you Pede 4x4 as long as it fits. say you want more runtime then get something with a higher MAH rating and if you want more speed then get a 3s lipo but be aware that with more speed like a 3s lipo you will increase temps on the esc+motor so real high MAH ratings are not too important as you dont want to run it to LVC in one shot unless you gear down a lot to keep temps down. So basically whatever lipo works best for you and your budget.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBudMan View Post
    Hi all,

Total noob here in the RC world and would like some advice on taking care of my Lipo battery. Battery is a Traxxas Power Cell 4000MAH 7.4v I also have the EZ Peak Plus charger. Here are a few of my questions:

1. If the battery is not going to be used for a few days or possibly a week or two, what do i do to it? Charge it fully, leave it drained or what?

2. I've read some other posts and have come to the conclusion that Balance Charging is the best, right?

3. What is the best Lipo for my truck which is a Stampede 4x4 VXL Brushless?

Thanks for helping a noob out.
    Regarding question 3, i would definitely take a look at SPC LIPO packs. Many people use them here on the forum and for bang for the buck they are hard to beat. For your pede, i would suggest a 2S 25C 5000maH (or higher) pack. At SPC you can get them for $30 a pack. I currently have 4 of them and no complaints.
    4WD MonsterMutt WPSC8:4Pole 3400kV | GOT DIRT?

RC poster
    Thanks for the replies.