RC Qualifier

Anyone Working on Installing an XO-1 ESC and Motor in a Slash?

I am debating on keeping the ESC and motor out of my second XO-1 and waiting for someone to make a kit/mount for it, but I am not sure how long it will be before it comes out. I don't really need to do 100, but it would be cool to be able to do 50 mph all day long without heat issues just bashing around with a full cage on a Slash.
    XO-1 #4...

Quote Originally Posted by bringit View Post
    I am debating on keeping the ESC and motor out of my second XO-1 and waiting for someone to make a kit/mount for it, but I am not sure how long it will be before it comes out. I don't really need to do 100, but it would be cool to be able to do 50 mph all day long without heat issues just bashing around with a full cage on a Slash.
    Being able to do 50mph all day long is something you can establish quite cheaper and with less mods.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    You can mount your esc anywhere, don't need a kit. The motor diameter is too large without grinding down the chassis, possibly having to cut a chunk out so the motor sits flush. Don't expect a kit to ever be released for that.

RC Racer
    IMO driving a slash 4x4 with a mamba monster 2650 on 3s is way over kill for the slash. I'm snapping axles and stripping gears with that power I just can't imagine putting a bigger motor system in there, I say if your going for 50 mph bashing get a 2650 combo gear it for 50mph and bash away, it will stay much cooler than than the velineon setup. Btw you said your second xo-1, I'm still working on my first lol
    Slash 4x4 and 10 other Models. Too Much !

RC Qualifier
    You are gonna rip out your tranny if you are not extremely careful...

What?! Tapatalk?! Oh. Tapatalk.
    Slash VXL, Rally VXL, and Stampede 4x4 VXL.

RC Qualifier
    Ya get the 2650 and upgrade your drive train if it isnt already and bash away. I bash on 4s no problems with that setup geared 21/50.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonmaxx View Post
    IMO driving a slash 4x4 with a mamba monster 2650 on 3s is way over kill for the slash. I'm snapping axles and stripping gears with that power I just can't imagine putting a bigger motor system in there, I say if your going for 50 mph bashing get a 2650 combo gear it for 50mph and bash away, it will stay much cooler than than the velineon setup. Btw you said your second xo-1, I'm still working on my first lol
    It was an impulse buy. I should have bought a 1/5 scale electric buggy or truck instead. I think I should save for that instead of modifying a Slash then.
    XO-1 #4...