RC poster

Hitec Servo Horn for Slash 4x4

I’m having issues finding a Hitec servo horn “24T” that will work “well” with my Slash 4x4. The stock servo horn is angled up towards the chassis and all of the aftermarket products that I can find are straight. I can get one of the flat Dynamite aftermarket horns to fit, but the issue is that the servo horn actually protrudes bellow the chassis and on hard impacts “bottoming out” the servo horn actually drags the ground resulting in unpredictable performance and a bent servo horn. I’ve contacted Traxxas and they DO NOT make a horn for aftermarket servos. Any thoughts or direction is appreciated!

RC Champion
    I use the Jr racing z4800t in 2 slashs 4x4 and the stk servo horn works excellent.
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Racer
    I was thinking about this. my stock servo horn comes loose from my hitec all the time.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ofna-10774-C...ht_1836wt_1163
    Slash 4X4
    8ight-T 2.0 (E-Coversion)

RC poster
    GL4787, the stock servo horn is 25T and the Hitec is a 24T as I think that you know now, let me know how the OFNA horn works for you. It looks like it do a better job then the Dynamite horn that I'm currently using and I might have to order one. akesj1 are you abreviating stk for stock? That would be great if I had not already purchased a Hitec servo, I would be happy to use another brand, but don't want to purchase another servo. There has to be a servo horn out there that has 24T and replicates the stock servo horn geometry of a Slash 4x4.

RC Champion
    yes stk , stock. check the RC site as I bought mine (JR) used for $50 and usually pay $70 for a quality used 7955tg
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4