Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Racer

Thumbs up samk's bigblock MMP 5700 KV erevo vxl

So this will be my thread, samk's bigblock merv build. Using Monster Mamba Max 5700 KV 4 pole motor.

On this hobby which began a few short months ago, I have spent so far $2,147 and this includes the truck and some spares i have laying around. Some parts i had purchased were a big mistake and got binned.

I tested aluminium skid plates & aluminium wheeliebar and was a waste of money, also waste was the HR servo protector...

------ MY CURRENT SETUP ------

LIPO

I use only 3S LIPO POWER in series and use the Traxxas EZ-Peakô Plus 6-Amp Charger
    I use 2 Traxxas LiPo Battery 3 Cell 25C 11.1V 1400mAh
    I also have 4 ******** 3 S lipos 40-80 C discharge 11.1v 1400 mAh

BODY

Pro-Line Slipstream Clear Body that i still need to paint

CHASIS

Hot Racing Black rear Aluminum Body Post Mount
    Hot Racing Black rear Aluminum Body Post
    Hot Racing Aluminum Wing Mount
    T-BONE front bumper
    T-BONE rear bumper with wheelie attachment.
    RC Screwz Stainless Steel Screw is cool and good to have!

SUSPENSION

Traxxas GTR Hard Anodized Shocks
    Aluminum Shock Damper Adjuster Ring
    Summit GTR Shock Spring 2.77 Rate for the front and rear i use purple which i believe is 2.9x
    Hot Racing Black Aluminum Rear and Front Shock Damper Tower
    GH rocker arms front and rear
    70 weight oil in shocks
    Steel Machined Hollow Balls everywhere.

STEERING... CVD... A ARMS ... ETC.

Hot Racing Black Aluminum Knuckle Hubs
    Lunsford Racing Titanium Pivot Balls front and rear... pricey
    RPM Black Front & Rear A Arm Set
    Traxxas Assembled Steel CV Driveshaft Set
    Traxxas Aluminium Push rods
    Traxxas Aluminum Toe Links
    Traxxas Steel Center Drive Shaft

DIFFERENTIALS

Following advise on the board, shimmed the diffs using Team Associated Shim set
    Hot Racing Black Aluminum Rear Bulkhead
    Hot Racing Black Aluminum Front Bulkhead
    Hot Racing Black Aluminum Gear Box
    Hot Racing Hardened steel Center Gear set (not sure i like this one)
    30K diff lube...

WHEELS

Proline Mini 1/16 Revo Road Rage Street Rim & Tires

POWER PLANT

MMP with the 5700 KV 4 pole motor
    I have the Tenbol mount but currently using the summit parts (thicker motor mount plate, gear cover etc)
    I did not have to cut the receiver box and using 31/50 gearing

[U]PICTURES/U]

I still need: servo from Hongkong but in the mean time i have the replacement gears to go through.

I did not have to cut the receiver box with the 31/50 gearing but i would like to drop to 28 but i think i will need to cut the box for that or use the tenbol mount.

I have the differential on the way as i would like the front to be on the ground more often

are you running 3s or 6s? series or parallel on the 3s batteries?

also, at first, you mention a mamba monster max..... the MMM is a 1/8th scale esc, not the mamba max pro, MMP, 1/10th scale

RC Qualifier
    Nice setup any running vids?
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Qualifier
    Prolly running 3s in parallel I got the5700kv motor as well and its not supposed to have more than 11.1v to it

RC Racer
    correct, my misstake It is the MMP and i use 3S in parallel. i have just got it together and will be testing it tomorrow some more. It is fast! So lowering to 28 will keep it fast.

RC Qualifier
    Yea I got the same set up, I'm geared 31/45 runnin 2s and it's crazy fast.

RC Qualifier
    hey I got the same motor and esc as you. Did you have any trouble connecting the motor connectors and esc connectors??
    I do....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    did you try twisting it,lube? pliers

RC Qualifier
    Only problem I had with wires was I had to run red to black and black to red, or it ran in reverse.

RC Qualifier
    I tried twisting, no lube, no pliers... yet

RC Qualifier
    What I did was heat it up, makes the metal more playable. It'll still be tough to get in there but will stay better to

RC Qualifier
    Dude awesome car! I love all of the upgrades you did. I think one of the only upgrades you missed was a metal gear servo.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You need some wider tires and rims!

RC Qualifier
    Was it hard to get that body on around the bb set up, my illiuzions body just about won't fit

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
    hey I got the same motor and esc as you. Did you have any trouble connecting the motor connectors and esc connectors??
    I do....
    nopp, just pushed it in. The box had some gold plated rods that i have no idea what they are for.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rc driver dude View Post
    Dude awesome car! I love all of the upgrades you did. I think one of the only upgrades you missed was a metal gear servo.
    They are always out of stock so am waiting

RC Racer
    "Was it hard to get that body on around the bb set up, my illiuzions body just about won't fit " fits fine but tight

"You need some wider tires and rims! " I know, i thought i had ordered it but turns out they were narrower than stock but taller!

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=samk;5211011]"Was it hard to get that body on around the bb set up, my illiuzions body just about won't fit " fits fine but tight

i have the very same body and the very same problem

RC Racer
    My stock servo fried, was hoping to atleast strip the gears first since i had the spares Oh well, i am now waiting for my Hitec HS-5085MG Digital servo to arrive. Should take 2 weeks tops.

For some reason the GH rocker arm on the front is having an issue with the HR bulkhead. When i tighten the rocker arm it gets stuck so i need to loosen a bit but then when i fool around it just gets looser and looser. Not sure why looks good to me and bearings are fine.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I had the sane problems with my gh rockers. I had new rcscrewz bearings and it would bind,even tried shims.put Acer ceramics in there and I can now crank it down tight with no binding!

RC Racer
    The wierd part is that only one rocker is affected! Same with you or where they all binding?

RC Qualifier
    I just loosened the screw a bit and haven't had a problem
    But you gotta get wider tires we got the almost exact same car, I just got wider tires and never thought they would be that much look

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhsmith1987 View Post
    I just loosened the screw a bit and haven't had a problem
    But you gotta get wider tires we got the almost exact same car, I just got wider tires and never thought they would be that much look
    Do you have the part number for those awesome wide tires?

RC Qualifier
    No I don't sorry. They are proline road rage II. Rims are Hpi mesh even though I like the proline 2160 better. Same size though any 2" wide tire will be like that

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The 2160 have a wider off set than the web 2196.speed hawgs and road rage II have the same compound

RC Qualifier
    i have one set of 2160's i need to get the other two and put a different kind of tire on it other than street. i think.. or maybe foams.. i have the mesh rims, and the 2140's is mine actually just chrome.. i like the 2140's alot better look cooler to me

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhsmith1987 View Post
    No I don't sorry. They are proline road rage II. Rims are Hpi mesh even though I like the proline 2160 better. Same size though any 2" wide tire will be like that
    WOW those are wide! and bet make it MUCH MUCH more stable and fun on the road!

I love the bedlock wheels as i have come to realize I hate gluing tires Do you know of anything wide but bedlock style?

RC Racer
    I received my hitech digital servo and it is great!

also received the center diff and it is garbage. Came empty and good thing i had purchased 50k silicone. I filled it and installed it and did not like how it handles. Easier to handle and much less wheelies and when it goes up on 2 wheels ballon and comes back down. Felt slower too.

Came back in and removed it. silicone had already began to leak out even after one 15 minute run

I replaced with the original plastic gear instead of the HR metal gear i had. That too was crap and bad fit.

:-) happy again until something breaks lol

RC Racer
    coming down the road the front wheel unbolts and comes chasing the truck!

Nothing broken, just heavy scrape on the HR knuckle!

Oh well, planning to swith to GPM knuckles because HR knuckle screws keep coming loose. Enought to be annoying...

RC Qualifier
    yep! its an issue with HR ones , do GPM Knuckles and you wont feel sorry with them
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Racer
    ordered jaco foams :-)
    Ofna wing
    Also ordered HR front and rear rocker arms because the ones i have seem to be grinding with the HR bulkheads so i am unable to secure them tight. I assume if i use HR rocker arms on HR bulkheads i should be fine.

In 2 weeks i will get everything so i can post pics

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I had problems with gh rockers and bulkheads. Had same problem tried different bearings and even shims only when I put in ceramics did it solve my problem

RC Racer
    well, hope i will not be needing to spend on ceramics, are they good??

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i had a faulty pinion bearing but i have ceramics through out motor too and car rips!

RC Racer
    cool, might get some on next order

RC Racer
    Got the foams and look very nice on the merv! Will need to slightly trip the TBONE front bumper.

I will not run it just yet...

Will get some bearings ball ends since they seem to be loose around the steel hollow balls

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Don't forget to do a good alignment! If you don't have the rpm camber and toe in tools get some!
    Without it foams will wear pretty fast. My alignment was close but now its perfect!
    Last edited by 50togo; 10-03-2012 at 10:52 PM.

RC Racer
    I have the camber tool and ill figure another way to set toe in/out to as close to 0 as possible.

Now i am waiting for front and back GPM knuckles to replace the HR knuckles that are driving me nuts! Also for full set of ball end caps since i have play in the ends even with steel balls. Not sure why but i think it should get sorted soon!

Added velcro to body and batter comp. and that is WAY cooler than clips haha!

RC Racer

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks sweet! That will work!