RC poster

What is the best upgrade parts for my Slash 4X4 (#6808)

Hey guys.

Just a n00b in the RC world thats need some help from tha pro.

Bought my Slash 4X4 some days ago and i LOVE the car. I know that there is a lot of people upgrading the car to the max. I am not going to replace the engine but i is wondering if u have some tips on what parts i need to change to get the car to be more amazing.

How i drive u ask? Well: Jumping on the bmx track. Driving in the woods dirt and mud.
    So if u whas me: What parts would u upgrade? And do u have the parts number so i can look it up?

RC Champion
    Larger bearing alloy motor mount - essential - rest just upgrade as you break
    Time I enjoy wasting is not time wasted

RC poster
    Sorry that i ask: But what is it doing? I am a complete noob and dont know much about the name and what it do And do u have a part number so i can order it ? I dont want to buy the wrong one:s

RC Champion
    This is the mount for the bearing that the driveshaft/slipper passes through next to the motor - the stock one tends to break down unless carefully maintained - kingheadz do a motor mount (which includes a larger bearing) made of alloy - it dissipates heat better and is more durable - just search "kingheadz motor mount slash 4x4" on google and you'll find it - there are alternative mounts by other companies that I've not got experience with but I'd recommend getting one that includes a bigger than stock bearing - just lasts longer
    Time I enjoy wasting is not time wasted

Quote Originally Posted by Shootas View Post
    Hey guys.

Just a n00b in the RC world thats need some help from tha pro.

I am not going to replace the engine but i is wondering if u have some tips on what parts i need to change to get the car to be more amazing.
    On these trucks, motors are electric, engines are gas.

And friend, welcome to the forum!!!
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    I am also a noob.... Just got back into the hobby from a 20 year break. But, the motor mount should be first on your list.
    Please don't learn the hard way. A motor mount and a bearing are a lot cheaper than a motor. After that, just replace stuff as it breaks or wears out. Or, replace parts as you see fit.

RC Champion
    Fellow noob here rpm a arms kingheadz motor mount aluminum support for slipper clutch shaft and a temp gun to keep tabs on motor and esc. Esc fan and motor heat sink don't hurt.
    I also bought the 6808
    Last edited by pro mod steve; 06-19-2012 at 07:45 PM.

RC Champion
    The motor mount isn't that big of a issue. Just check your bearing from time to time and replace as needed. Save the cash... Nothing wrong with upgrading it but it isn't needed. The aluminum bearing adapter is a much more effective upgrade along with the revo spec slipper upgrade and rpm parts as they break. The stock bumpers and shock towers can take a tremendous amount of abuse before the break...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Racer
    I agree with Dknuckles about the motor mount, I havent had any trouble with the stock one. If I got the kings headz one then I'd lose the ability to use the rpm telemetry sensor for my ipod/tqi setup. I could get the traxxas aluminum mount as it would still allow the sensors to be used and help as a heatsink.

Keep an eye on your rear driveshafts. If you notice them starting to twist then you can look into upgrading them. If you are running a lot of power on high traction surfaces you either need spares or metal versions. I went with the Tekno rc units and am happy so far with them. Another option is the MIP shafts.
    Sl4sh MM 2650kv
    Grave Digger Pede

RC Champion
    I went with the Golden Horizons brand for a Motor Mount.. It was a HUGE improvement and really helped lower motor temps too. I was tearing up Slipper bearings all the time but the Golden Horizons Mount uses a 10x19mm bearing instead of the stock 10x15.
    My MIP drivshafts were also near #1 on the list. I was tearing up stock shaft every trip out. The MIP were $100 ( $49.99 per set from Stormer Hobbies) but really did pay off in the long run.
    But #1 best thing I did to my slash 4x4 was the Aluminum tube Center Drive Shaft Modification.. This should be the first thing done to Any slash 4x4 or Pede 4x4. Absolutely ELIMINATED dirt in the driveshaft tunnel and dirt getting to the slipper bearing.. AWESOME awesome awesome mod..
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...Driveshaft-mod
    Last edited by madkawi650; 06-20-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.