RC Racer

Best gear ratio for a kid to play with

Looking for a good gear ratio less than the factory one for a 9 year old to play with. (Brushed slash or possibly a brushed stampede).
    2 Slash's, 1 Nitro Sport, 1 P2DE

RC Champion
    I'm guessing you want the car/truck to have a reduced speed.....For my grandson when he was 9 (now 12) with a brushed Slash I used an 18/90 with 6 cell 7.2 v nimh for starters, then to 7 cell, when he got a little better, then 19/86, and as he still improved went to 2s Lipo. I also have done the same for my 5 year old grandson (now 6) and the 12 year old is now ready for brushless.

Most of the time the young ones just seem to like to do doughnuts. I do have them change their own batteries and the older one the repairs as needed. I still get to by the parts though.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Racer
    Thanks for the advice. I got a slash for my younger brothers and grilfriend to play with and it was to much for the 9 year olds, I have triplet brothers if you were wondering. They would get it going as fast they could and could control it and crash head on into something. I gave the slash to her and she likes so I made it hers, but I'm in first in the traxxas best truck contest right now and determined to win a stampede for them to play with.
    2 Slash's, 1 Nitro Sport, 1 P2DE

RC Qualifier
    Put it on training mode
    Traxxas Slash 2wd and Thunder Tiger Tomahawk Vx