RC Enthusiast

Erevo Upgrade to brushless suggestions.

I know I know beat a dead horse with this question. But, I am on a budget and would like to go brushless. I seen a ******* 150a esc and 2000kv motor with Program card for $150 new. I was wondering if there are any other comparably priced setups that may be better than this. I will be honest I am new into the RC world and need all the info I can get. Thanks in advance and I can't wait to swap my brushed revo for better.

RC poster
    That price sounds about right
    In my set up i have a EZRUN-150A & matched to a Leopard L-4070 2200KV motor

RC Qualifier
    I run a leopard esc and a ******* track star 2650kv 6 pole. Gobs of power on 4s and very very smooth at the low end. Never coggs.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

RC Enthusiast
    I drove my buddies revo on 6s and that is a bit much for me I like the handling when he had it on 4s.

RC Enthusiast
    Has anyone here used the Dual DeWalt 820 Conversion Kit from Kershaw Designs? I like the idea of keeping my system waterproof due to living in Michigan and liking the idea of running in the snow. Wonder what kind of speeds ect you are running.

RC poster
    how can i program the throttle to turn it up to the maxxxxx i have a e revo evx-2 controler 2.4ghz
    Last edited by d_jones_03; 06-22-2012 at 10:51 PM.

hobby wing xerun esc's and most if not all hobbywing esc's are waterproof. considere these combo's great price just pick up a pinion gear when ordering though as well as it doesnt come with one and choose express shipping: http://www.rcecho.com/HOBBYWING-XERU...mbo-ME222.html
    http://www.rcecho.com/HOBBYWING-XERU...ard-ME237.html

If i remember right the 150a esc is not waterproof though but i could be mistaken and it is.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooperrc View Post
    I know I know beat a dead horse with this question. But, I am on a budget and would like to go brushless. I seen a ******* 150a esc and 2000kv motor with Program card for $150 new. I was wondering if there are any other comparably priced setups that may be better than this. I will be honest I am new into the RC world and need all the info I can get. Thanks in advance and I can't wait to swap my brushed revo for better.
    I wouldn't recommend the ******* ********* 150 amp ESC and the reviews agree. It stopped working on 4s after two lipos, sent it back and got a HobbyWing SC8. Excellent ESC!

The two that Mike recommended are a good choice. Keep in mind that not all HobbyWing ESC's are waterproof. As of now there's only one and that's the SC8 120 WP. All the others are water resistant and there's a big difference if you really get it wet.

deerhurst, I have the ******* 2560kv 6 pole motor and it's amazing. It's as smooth as butter and no cog. Power is INSANE on 4s!!!

I imagine with a 6pole motor you would. compared to how it was with 2pole and then 4pole and now 6pole what comes next a 8pole

Also i stand corrected on what LD said about waterproof esc's too. correct on water resistant i get confused on that part a bit sometimes thinking its ok to splash it than to submerge. my SC8 is nice you can see where and how they waterproofed it.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    There are 8 pole motors and I think TenShock has them. Their pricey and I think their used in boats. Like to try one but wonder if the ESC can keep up.

Yea Mike, it looks like the SC8WP's circuit board is completely sealed. Castle Creations use to make a 72mhz receiver for airplanes that was sealed like that and you could drive a car over it, almost indistructable. Wouldn't try that with the SC8WP but I wouldn't worry about getting it wet.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    I wouldn't recommend the ******* ********* 150 amp ESC and the reviews agree. It stopped working on 4s after two lipos, sent it back and got a HobbyWing SC8. Excellent ESC!

The two that Mike recommended are a good choice. Keep in mind that not all HobbyWing ESC's are waterproof. As of now there's only one and that's the SC8 120 WP. All the others are water resistant and there's a big difference if you really get it wet.

deerhurst, I have the ******* 2560kv 6 pole motor and it's amazing. It's as smooth as butter and no cog. Power is INSANE on 4s!!!
    I love that 6 pole. My LHS guys were awe struck when I told them that was only 4s. Then we preceded to try to keep up with the crawlers with it. Did pretty good since its soo smooth. 4s was a bit excessive for crawling though. Lol.

RC Enthusiast
    Found a MMM/castle 2200 combo today. Putting it in tommorow cannot wait.

That's the way...make sure you get the field programmer too and set low voltage cutoff. I have set mine to 3.4.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Enthusiast
    Just ordered the pinion gear and spur gear 18/54. Going to run it on 4s for quite awhile before I try anything beyond that. 175 for a complete truck with summit mounts and bumpers/body/lights but minus rx/tx. 50 for rx/tx 175 for motor and gears. Total cost 400 for a Brushless revo. Not to shabby plus I got a boat load of extra mounts and bumpers/a-arms.

RC Enthusiast
    And yes it was a complete mamba 2200 combo esc/motor/field programmer and usb cable.

RC Enthusiast
    So I was wondering why in the heck my revo was putzing around so slow with my brushed systems not thinking of anything as I had the MMM waiting to go in when I get my gears. Well it seems someone before me put a summit tranny in without me knowing/looking for it. <-----Noob yes. Well now I know why it was so slow rofl. Now to order a 3 channel tqi rofl.

Your Revo might be a Summit from the get go. Does it have locking F&R diffs? Not a bad thing really..
    Just take it easy on the diffs with the BL system......gl2u
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks GN. Sadly its not a summit. I think I bought someones half conversion but for only 175 it was a great roller to start with. It doesn't have the servo or servo spot for the locking diffs. All in all I am happy. I will be taking it easy for quite some time. I have no rush to get this thing to fast as I have a rustler for speedy days =). I am excited to see this thing on 4s and watch my dad regret his Revo 3.3 purchase though =).

RC Champion
    The Hobbywing XE lineup is proven race/ bash quality component's. I run the 2000kv 150a esc in my E truggy. It is awesome.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC poster
    Get a used mamba monster system...it should cost you about the same. Check craigslist or RC classified adds...

RC Enthusiast
    Aye I picked up a used mamba system for 175 bucks now I just have to get some deans connectors and wire it proper

RC Champion
    Hey man now that you're gonna have a running truck we should get together and bash! pm me.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Enthusiast
    the ESC and motor combo's offered by EZrun look nice but I was wondering if when you make the conversion to the 150a ESC and 2000kv motor, does the stock controller still work without probems or is there a process to go through to get it to work properly? Also what do you do for a motor mounting plate. Will the stock plate work with just the single motor? I'm looking for an upgrade but don't want to spend the huge $ on MMM and ESC. This stuff is half the price but I don't know how complicated it is to get everything working....I'm a newbie.

Aye I picked up a used mamba system for 175 bucks now I just have to get some deans connectors and wire it proper
    That's the way, you are going to love that mamba system mate...just remember it's not waterproof, its easily done though.
    Rock n Rolla !