RC Competitor

Best all-in-one lipo charger around 200$

I will have a Gens Ace 3s 5000mah.
    Is it possible to have a quality lipo charger with built-in power supply, able to charge, discharge, balance and charge for storage for 200$. I prefer paying for a good quality charger than those cheap ones at 50$.
    Last edited by maestro; 06-17-2012 at 08:08 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    most powerfull chargers need a power supply, I have an icharger 106, and a 350w ps,you will spend aorund $150.00

RC Champion
    I bought a used Hyperion, dual charger and power pack $175 after using the AC6 for 2 years and its fantastic.

I will say I still use the AC6 and it charges just as good but only at 1c

Al
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Qualifier
    What makes you think $50 chargers are not quality? You bought a relatively cheap gens ace battery instead of a maxamps but are worried about the charger.....AC680 does everything you need and has a computer connection.

RC Competitor
    After a lot of reading and investigation, my conclusion is that Gens Ace have excellent batteries for the price. I have also concluded that it is much more important to invest enough money in a quality charger.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    What makes you think $50 chargers are not quality? You bought a relatively cheap gens ace battery instead of a maxamps but are worried about the charger.....AC680 does everything you need and has a computer connection.
    -1 @ maxamps is a good battery..their C ratings are inaccurate
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    Gens ace batteries are very nice for the price. I think it was big squid rc that has done several shoot outs with different brands of lipos. On the 4s lipo shoot out they ran the different batteries without the drivers knowing what was in the trucks. After the 3 drivers decided which batteries performed best, gens ace 40c was chosen by all 3 drivers as having the best punch. The 2nd place battery was a 65c thunder power that was even a higher mah rating too.

Just because it is a cheaper brand of batteries doesn't make it inferior by any means. Theres lots of good about spc lipos on the forum as well.

I run a 5000mah 40c 3s gens ace in my slash mt with castle mmp/2400 and it is a blast to run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ERBE, Sl4sh MT, P4de, 1/16 Grave Digger 4x4

RC Champion
    i really like my 4 battery Thunder T6 charger. 119 for the charger and 39 for the power supply.
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E G-Slayer

RC Qualifier
    Strykeviper and Driveitlikeyastoleit, you are absolutely correct and the same applies to chargers and a lot of other things in this hobby. Cost does not mean you are investing in a superior product, but it's not my money.

RC Qualifier
    PowerLab6 + balance board = $184
    A Used Dell AA23300 550 Watt Power Supply on Ebay for around $15.

I know you want all-in-one, but if you want a good one, invest in a separate power supply.

I have the all-in-one Onyx 245 for a bout 5 months and the AC2DC converter quit working.
    So I bought a use Dell AA23300 power supply for it. I plan to buy the PowerLab 6 soon.

See this thread for more info and links:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...charging-setup
    Last edited by hskb; 06-18-2012 at 11:15 AM.

RC Competitor
    After "investigation", I finally ordered Icharger 206b and Junsi P350 psu. I ordered SPC Lipo 3s 50c 5400 mah as well. I hope I made good choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    What makes you think they are quality? Or that they could be?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =